Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Re: KR Wizard 49 released

Post by Glutinus »

I think that Kamen Rider Wizard is going too fast on the end (however, as my signature mentions, I just finished one KR : OOO, and it took time to finish too but it was less painful, maybe it's the same in the others). For me this Sabbath come too early, if you watch the history. It should have occur in the beginning of the the last episode. However it's a good ending to let the curse (Khimaera) out of Nitou. Would he be useful in the following ?

The last episodes did not surprise me at all. It's just logical construction with no twist anymore (if you can call a surprise the fact that Wiseman and the White wizard was the same person...). I just feel bad since it's a quite good series, to have a so much slow and painful end.
takenoko wrote:I actually took a look. Fueki used Ghuls for the original pillars. Also, now that you mention the Philosopher's Stone. Isn't this the main plot of Fullmetal Alchemist?
Well, I think it's an old fantasm. The philosopher's stone always appear in any magic show / book / movie. The dream of becoming rich and eternally young. So it's always more dramatic when you can do it with human souls (such as a contract you make with the devil) than classic components. If it's the question you asked.
MadCow wrote: I notice the chains looked like they were just plastic props, and there's no way those extra-large bands could hold someone's wrist -- the actor could just remove his ring and slip his hand right through.
Haha ! Exactly what I thought ! Haruto could properly let his hand going out off the cuffs. It's ridiculous !

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

takenoko wrote:Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_49

Couple problems with the episode in terms of character motivation. I know Haruto is willing to sacrifice himself, but I don't think he's wiling to sacrifice Mayu, Yamamoto, and Yuzuru too. Also, I thought they were trapped because their right hand were chained up, but it's actually their left hands which are used to do a transformation. Can't Mayu just change into Mage and break away?

Also, if Mayu realizes that white mage started the Sabbath last time, then surely she understands that this technically makes Fueki responsible for her family's death, right? Frankly, I'm a bit more interested in Mayu's sub story. It's just more compelling in a lot of ways.
The "Magic Hand" is always there. When Mayu reappears in Ep 40, we see the hand on her school uniform's buckle. But the mages can only transform after using the Driver On Ring to manifest the silver-lined WizarDriver Belt. At 11:15 of Ep 49, we can see clearly that Mayu is wearing her civilian brown belt with the Magic Hand over the buckle. All of them are wearing the Hand over civilian belts. Since their right hands are chained, they cannot use Driver On first in order to transform. The Wizard crew is paying good attention to details, like how they made sure Rinko never shot Ghuls, just Dustards and Mutamits in Ultimatum.

And yes, I totally agree that Mayu's lack of understanding about Fueki killing her sister is pretty glaring... But maybe she's quiet because she's sworn not to be selfish after seeing Haruto. It works, but it's just plain forced justification.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

MadCow wrote:I'd be very curious to see how Gen Urobochi handles Gaimu.

Sorry for going off topic, but I just had to express my surprise.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

I was curious as to how Nitou would get separated from Khimaera so him just freeing Khimaera so that he could eat all the magical energy the sabbath was releasing was a good choice but at the same time I was wondering what was going to be wrong with Fueki's plan that would give a reason to stop him and kinda figured it would be that he planned to sacrifice all of Tokyo to do it when I saw the first pillar. i'm kinda curious how Haruto even found that place when the odds are he couldn't even see where the center of the magical pillars were though I suppose he could have just followed khimaera back.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

Oh man its been a while since the KR series reached episode 50 hasn't it. Is it just me or does anyone think that it hasn't been as climatic building to the end as some of the past KR series? As for the chaining yeah I really don't think the director really thought it through or they would have caught that hand transforming bit. Also does anyone else think that they should have came up with a unique costume design for Mayu other then the generic one that she got? I mean there isn't a whole lot of female riders and I think she should have gotten something more unique.
Joosche
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
My boom: High Fantasy

Post by Joosche »

To show a new phantom the story lingers for more than one episode. To show the sabbath is just one. I'm immensely disappointed.

The danger of Nitou's situation was poorly handled the entire show. This was a pseudo sacrifice from start to finish.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Ghost23 wrote:Oh man its been a while since the KR series reached episode 50 hasn't it. Is it just me or does anyone think that it hasn't been as climatic building to the end as some of the past KR series? As for the chaining yeah I really don't think the director really thought it through or they would have caught that hand transforming bit. Also does anyone else think that they should have came up with a unique costume design for Mayu other then the generic one that she got? I mean there isn't a whole lot of female riders and I think she should have gotten something more unique.
I agree. For some reason Wizard isn't getting me pumped up like Fourze, OOO, etc. Maybe it's just me but I think Wizard was just dragged out too long. Wizard did top Fourze and for that I applaud them. As for the chain thing. Couldn't they just remove the ring and summon the belt with it o_O
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

Haruto had a bad case of stupidity this week. "Okay, Fueki, you can sacrifice me to save Koyomi. Never mind about the other three people. Wait, you're going to sacrifice all of Tokyo to revive her?! Now I want to stop you and can't do anything because I can't access my belt because I decided to go along with your stupid plan in the first place."

I'd be more annoyed if it didn't give Nitou a chance in the spotlight, which he used well.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

While it seems that Haruto seemed to come down with a case of the stupid, I did like this episode. Specifically that the way they finally come up with to stop a giant human sacrificing magical circle... is to EAT the magic of the giant magical circle! That almost makes up for Nitou not being the one who defeated Phoenix XP
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Kogashi wrote:That almost makes up for Nitou not being the one who defeated Phoenix XP
Nitou never had a chance against Phoenix not when he was overpowered from Wizard killing him several times.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Just a quick something I thought about, maybe I've just forgotten some of the aspect of Phantoms and Gates etc but why exactly would they Sabbath cause normal humans to die? I thought you'd only be affected if you were a Gate? And if you succumbed to despair you'd become a Phantom and if you overcame, you become a Mage.
And Rinko and Shunpei, why were they affected by the Sabbath, their Phantoms were killed by Haruto already.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think it works like this. The Sabbath forcibly removes the humanity from you and once it's gone, you either be a Phantom/Mage or die since you have nothing else supporting your body. Then it probably converts the human essence to magical energy.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

OOOKaiser wrote:Nitou never had a chance against Phoenix not when he was overpowered from Wizard killing him several times.
Yet, Nitou using Phoenix as a source of infinite mana made more sense just kicking him into the sun. >>
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

What I meant was that Nitou couldn't defeat Phoenix at his current level.
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

Revorse wrote:Just a quick something I thought about, maybe I've just forgotten some of the aspect of Phantoms and Gates etc but why exactly would they Sabbath cause normal humans to die? I thought you'd only be affected if you were a Gate? And if you succumbed to despair you'd become a Phantom and if you overcame, you become a Mage.
And Rinko and Shunpei, why were they affected by the Sabbath, their Phantoms were killed by Haruto already.
When normal humans without magical is affected during the sabbath they burn up due to being empty of magic. think of them as empty jars compared to gates that are full but not process like mages or phantoms.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”