Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 49 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_49

Well done, Beast.

Although I have to wonder if Khimaira being loosed to the world is really the best thing possible. Sure, he only devours magical energy, but won't he attack Gates to get that? Gremlin is pretty much the last Phantom anyway.

Couple problems with the episode in terms of character motivation. I know Haruto is willing to sacrifice himself, but I don't think he's wiling to sacrifice Mayu, Yamamoto, and Yuzuru too. Also, I thought they were trapped because their right hand were chained up, but it's actually their left hands which are used to do a transformation. Can't Mayu just change into Mage and break away?

Also, if Mayu realizes that white mage started the Sabbath last time, then surely she understands that this technically makes Fueki responsible for her family's death, right? Frankly, I'm a bit more interested in Mayu's sub story. It's just more compelling in a lot of ways.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: KR Wizard 49 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

What a good job for Nitou/Beast even he uses Khimaira to devour magical energy during the ritual. LOLz I like how the white mage gets frustrated over Nitou's action. I wanted to know in the next episode. It's kinda sad if he will not transformed into Beast.

As always, the white mage keeps saying "Archetype". It annoys me. :oops:
takenoko wrote:Also, if Mayu realizes that white mage started the Sabbath last time, then surely she understands that this technically makes Fueki responsible for her family's death, right? Frankly, I'm a bit more interested in Mayu's sub story. It's just more compelling in a lot of ways.
Absolutely right.

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Good old Philosopher's Stone. You continue to devour so many innocents for you to be created or be empowered with magic. So I had to wonder how did Fueki get enough people to do the first Sabbath and what he used as the pillars for the magic circle. I would think being bind to the chains would drain them of their magical energy.

Nitou had his moment even though he wasn't powerful enough to the White Mage, he screwed him pretty hard. Only Nitou would decide to destroy his belt to release Khimeria so it would eat the magical energy from the Sabbath. Maybe another reason why Fueki didn't want Nitou around since he held the one thing that could stop the Sabbath.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

I actually took a look. Fueki used Ghuls for the original pillars. Also, now that you mention the Philosopher's Stone. Isn't this the main plot of Fullmetal Alchemist?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

That's what I was referring to when I made the Philosopher's Stone comment. It guess it makes sense that he would use Ghuls and just realized that he probably had a bunch of Phantoms in the first Sabbath and kill off the non-magical people. Fueki is one master manipulator if he managed to avoid any response of people suddenly disappearing from the first Sabbath to the point they were just minor blips on the radar.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

takenoko wrote:Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_49

Also, I thought they were trapped because their right hand were chained up, but it's actually their left hands which are used to do a transformation. Can't Mayu just change into Mage and break away?
They use their left hands to transform, but each of them has been shown using their RIGHT hands to actually summon the Driver. That's why their right hands are the ones that are chained to the pillars, or so I assume.
magma_blaziken
Adventure

Post by magma_blaziken »

Don't mean to be rude or anything but there is still going to be a 720p release for this episode right?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's coming, it's just going to be released after 1080 from now on.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I'm just releasing them as they get encoded because it saves me a little time on my end. I also figure that few people will complain about the long distro/release period since it's like super early in the morning where I am. By the time people get home, it'll be all seeded and stuff
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Two more episodes left til its all over...can't wait to see what the writers have in store for us.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

In this week's episode of Kamen Rider Beast, Nitou's partner in crime fighting, Haruto, is kidnapped by Wiseman as his master plan comes to a close. Can our hero save his friend before he is sacrificed to revive an innocent little girl?
FaeQueenCory
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider ΑgitΩ
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: Kiryu
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: H0mestuck
Quote: FAA: i think
FAA: it was m0re likely just an0ther inevitability
FAA: a pr0duct 0f c0llusi0n between the disparate f0rces at play
FAA: a bargain struck between what skaia kn0ws already and what the g0ds demand up fr0nt
FAA: t0gether they 0rchestrate trials sufficient t0 ensure
FAA: that in 0verc0ming them we w0uld be pr0ven w0rthy
FAA: 0f inheriting the ultimate reward

Post by FaeQueenCory »

0_0
What.... did.... I just.... see....

This has really been one of my long standing beef with Wizard: The lack of consequence.
Has a Gate ever been in any danger of actually becoming a Phantom? No. They always are saved by Haruto-sue.
Except when they turn into Mages...
So there has never been any real danger... because everyone will ALWAYS be saved because they always have been.

And here comes this lovely gem of a plan: Sabbath all of Tokyo, causing those with the Seeds of Agito to insta-Phantom/Mage (just like the natural eclipse)... and the normal humans... without the Devil's taint... just get killed.
Finally...
49eps before there's actually SOMETHING at consequence...
And then no one died....
:/
No one even Phantomed or Maged...

And... I like Nitou and all... but Kimaira just... Deus-ex-machina saving everyone.... without any tole on anyone... and then just being like "meh, I won't eat you... I'll just fly away to go to devour Hawaii."
But the worst part.... is that I know... nothing is gonna come of that...
No one will say ANYTHING about releasing a giant ppl devouring monster on the world....
The most that will come of it is "well I'm glad you're not dead Nitou."

Lack. Of. Consequence.

I will be really shocked if Koyomi isn't magically revived to full with the magical mary-sue-god-level power of the Infinity ring.
I really hope she stays dead and everyone has to deal with her loss...
But I know that will never happen.....
Because this is Wizard...
There is no consequence in Wizard.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

FaeQueenCory wrote:This has really been one of my long standing beef with Wizard: The lack of consequence.
Has a Gate ever been in any danger of actually becoming a Phantom? No. They always are saved by Haruto-sue.
Except when they turn into Mages...
So there has never been any real danger... because everyone will ALWAYS be saved because they always have been.
You may be right... though it seems to become a trend in recent Kamen Riders.

Spoiler
I think W started the trend with dopants not actually dying when defeated; although there were some deaths in the show, they have been plot-significant ones.

Then Fourze one-upped the trend with almost no danger and death at all. Zodiarts return to normal, commanders "discarded" by Virgo just end up being held in stasis up in orbit, the only major/significant deaths were very plot-significant ones like Virgo and Leo.

Now Wizard's job is to top Fourze, and they seem to be on track with this.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

takenoko wrote:Also, I thought they were trapped because their right hand were chained up, but it's actually their left hands which are used to do a transformation. Can't Mayu just change into Mage and break away?
Blame it on budget, and they just fished those props out of some random prop discard room? I notice the chains looked like they were just plastic props, and there's no way those extra-large bands could hold someone's wrist -- the actor could just remove his ring and slip his hand right through.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

FaeQueenCory wrote:because everyone will ALWAYS be saved because they always have been.
That one guy in the Myna bird arc wasn't. :P

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”