Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by Dengar »

So... The Starscream outlives the Big Bad (Nope, there's no way he's upgraded to Big Bad status. This is just a "Starscream-becomes-the-final-boss-instead-of-the-big-bad" thing. Some people saw it coming (I wasn't necessarily one of them).

I do think Koyomi will be saved in the end though. The writing in general seems to be very positive rather than cynical.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

That actor who plays Haruto SUCKS BALLZ! A WHOLE BLOODY LOTTA BALLZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 His voice and reaction to Fueki's death was an instant mood kill to me.

Ahhhhh, both father and daughter, dead. What a huge, surprising difference 10 years make /sarcasm

Koyomi's got more than 1 minute of death talk. I don't mind, she has been given a pretty poor dialogue treatment for a year. Poor little loli ;__;

On the bright side: guess Gremlin is a villian I hate like a viewer's supposed to. An annoying, underdeveloped yet cunning and insane character. They did a good job making me hate you, now die quickly.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

After watching this episode for the second time I realize why I didn't feel anything for Koyomi and Fueki's death. It's been overdone too many times. First it was Philip, then Ankh, then Kengo. It just doesn't work anymore.
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

I've always wanted Fueki dead since he annoys me like crap. But I did feel sorry when he died (but didn't like that lame cause of death though.) Sometimes parents really do crazy things for the sake of their children. And I'm gonna agree with the others about Koyomi staying dead til the end. It should end that way.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

squashy wrote:That actor who plays Haruto SUCKS BALLZ! A WHOLE BLOODY LOTTA BALLZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 His voice and reaction to Fueki's death was an instant mood kill to me.

Ahhhhh, both father and daughter, dead. What a huge, surprising difference 10 years make /sarcasm

Koyomi's got more than 1 minute of death talk. I don't mind, she has been given a pretty poor dialogue treatment for a year. Poor little loli ;__;

On the bright side: guess Gremlin is a villian I hate like a viewer's supposed to. An annoying, underdeveloped yet cunning and insane character. They did a good job making me hate you, now die quickly.
It's more like, the father and the girl he tried to kill to revive his daughter are dead.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's almost as if that last scene before Fueki dies is supposed to make me feel sympathy for him. If it wasn't for the fact he was a colossal ass-hat to everyone, it might have worked.

And, if his sword cane thing was so powerful that it could be used to retrieve the stone, why leave it in Gremlin? Koyomi wasn't going anywhere in a hurry.

I hope she doesn't get revived. She says she doesn't want to, so it would be kind of shitting on her last request. Also, Phillip and Kengo both got revived, and it is implied that Ankh eventually does. Hopefully the last mysterious side kick stays dead.
silver arrow
Gao
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: All of them :3
Favorite Band: The Black Mages
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: One Piece

Post by silver arrow »

Next time.
Gremlin uses the Philosopher's Stone to become human. Then Rinko arrests him and he goes to prison for life for being a serial killer. The end.
That should totally be how they end it.
Henshin a go go baby!
-Joe
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Hmm, not the direction I was expecting at all, which is nice in it's own way.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Catastrophe wrote:And, if his sword cane thing was so powerful that it could be used to retrieve the stone, why leave it in Gremlin? Koyomi wasn't going anywhere in a hurry.
He wanted to get out of Gremlin but he was holding onto tightly. Also he cares about Koyomi greatly. He wasn't going to let her run off regardless if she could have or not.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Wow. They killed off both Koyomi AND Fueki? That's pretty interesting. I figured Koyomi would go, but not Fueki.
As for Fueki's death....really?? Really?! Mutha fuckin Gremlin?! Come on, Sora isn't even interesting. Aside from his keeping his personality and being a serial killer. They could have shown all that and killed him in a random 2part arc. But they kept him around. Ugh.

Since I can't read Japanese or anything, do all the official sites and terms still refer to Fueki as White Mage? Is he even classified as a Rider? Cause I feel like he's a Rider. So what exactly is he classified as?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/wizard/s_mahou/index.html

Notice the lack of 仮面ライダー in front of his name. Mayu and the other two are Kamen Riders but the White Mage is not a Kamen Rider.
miryoku
Adventure
Quote: Blacking tosh.

Post by miryoku »

Very nice! Double kick strike!? THE BEST!!! :lol:

Aside from that, I would have like that wizard ended in this chapter but they had extended more...
Gremlin as a final boss doesn`t sit right with me i don`t know but he doesn`t seem to me to be final boss material and Koyomi should stay dead.
It`s better they don`t pulled another W`s/Fourze ending on this one with koyomi reviving and everyone living happily ever after.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I appreciate that Gremlin is like the Pawn that makes it all the way across the chessboard and turns into a Queen. In the midst of this elaborate plot Fueki wove, Gremlin avoided being manipulated by him (he played along briefly but he knew what was up...) and in the end got exactly what he wanted. Gremlin is WINNING.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Post by DekaBreak »

Yamamoto is just like Fueki. He's fine with killing others for his daughter. Same for Yamamoto. Koyomi can die as long as he can get back to his family. The "Daddy Logic" here is one of extreme effort to keep the family together, not one of mutual understanding. But the whole lack of Mayu understanding that technically Fueki murdered her sister is a HUGE waste. I really hope Koyomi will personally reject her revival. However if she's going to be revived, there's only one way that we've seen that will be able to save her. Haruto's gonna have to drag her out of Gremlin and then, do what Fueki did. Manually transplant Gremlin into her and help her suppress him. If Fueki was around, or if she was in Magic Land, she could wear a Mage belt and be a Rider, but instead, she'll feed the Stone with her suppressed Gremlin. That's the only way he can save her going by our limited education in Wizard Magic.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

It's possible to understand the link between Fueki and the death of her sister in her mind, but given all that's going on, it's understandable if her heart couldn't keep up with it. If you're looking for a possible explanation why she didn't swear vengeance against Fueki. I mean, the thing that's important here is that her desire for revenge was taken advantage of by Fueki, and it feels right for her to not to want to be involved with him anymore.

Basically, [desire to get away from it all] > [desire for revenge]

Topic Change Go!

So can anyone speculate why the White Wizard's driver goes "Understand" instead of "Saikouuuuuuuuuuuu!". There seems to be no relation between the words the same way with "Yes!" and "Very nice!" or "Please!" and "Go!" or "Now!".

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”