Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

The only thing that was keeping me watching this was the fight scenes and stunts. They're the best I ever seen for a Kamen Rider show since Kabuto. Then again that's only my opinion.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

takenoko wrote:Something I didn't pick up on before is that, yeah, white mage did give Haruto all the spells he had. Since as white mage/Wiseman, he was giving those magical stones to Wajima. The one exception to this being the Infinity Ring.

Also, seems like a waste that they didn't have a scene of Wajima suffering during the Sabbath, dying from the ring that he made for Fueki.
You know, that's a pretty good point. One thing I'd always been wondering ever since the show started was how/where Wajima had received the ability to create the rings, which is something I don't remember them even vaguely trying to explore before now. It was already said that even Wajima didn't know what the effect would be of any ring he had just made, though presumably Fueki knew all too well that the Eclipse Ring would be the result from the stone he gave him when he visited the store.

I guess Fueki must have just been "feeding" Wajima this ability somehow the whole time.
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

I think I'm taking a shot in the dark here, since I don't understand japanese well enough and the language is different, but something about Haruto's acting seems off all the time. I know it's a kids show, but his acting always seems too over the top, or too underplayed. Again, I can't fully judge, but this is how i feel when i watch it.

As for the episode, everything lines up as predicted by many. I was hoping Koyomi would've told Haruto that he has saved her, but it was still a good scene, with damn nice effects. With Gremlin as the final fight though, it feels less like haruto being heroic, and more just vengence. He could just leave Gremlin alone, unless there's something else to the story. I bet gremlin needs his own sabbath to save his life, so the stakes will be validated. Regardless, this should be an interesting conclusion, where the lines between right and wrong are fairly blurred. Gremlin is just as in the right as Haruto is, as everyone's lives were ruined by Fueki. Anyways, the episode was nice and transitions well into the finale.

side note, if they do bring back koyomi, then they need to make it ACTUAL koyomi, so that she doesn't know the cast and goes about living her real life, and fullfill her father's wish. Sure, she won't have her father, but this way the real koyomi can live and we don't go on forgetting these are two different people, and puppet koyomi doesn't have to come back when she said she didn't want to
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I agree with a lot of the comments here. The ending felt flat. It's not bad per say. But everything we saw felt like a waste. Since White Mage caused everything. Their where no real villain goals. No back plot. It all came down to saving Kyomi. Who is basically a freaking object. Everywhere she went, someone is telling her what to do. Or how to feel. She really was a puppet. And I really didn't care that she died. She even says it herself. She is already dead. So why should I really care? This is a fake Kyomi after all. White Mage I hated, period. So I had NO remorse to his death. It just felt lame. I would of preferred Mayu kill him. Something more drastic. We all get revenge isn't a option for the good guys. But in this case, it would of been justifiable. Gremlin killing Fueki off sucked.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

I can just understand how Yamamoto felt here. Add to the fact that he was being forced into collaborating, I'm sure he's mad (There's also the fact that he still has a pregnant wife, who is most probably worried sick of him).

Even if it's a desperate father at work, is it worth it to sacrifice many for the life of one? Keep in mind that Fueki ruined most families with his sabbath.

I guess that being a ball of despair, a phantom's life must be empty just like OOO's Greeed. We know how Eiji felt when he was at the brink of being a Greeed, so maybe Sora feels this way and wants to get back to being a human.

That said, this is the first time Haruto failed to save someone, but knowing the plot, he won't be despairing anyway.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

What the hell happened to Yamamoto's wife? I feel like they wasted a cameo appearance from Miyuu Sawai. Anyways, this was a good episode. Enjoyed the final battle between Haruto and the White Mage. Loved the double Rider Kick spot. But I also agree that the ending felt a little flat. So Fueki's plot got ruined and there was a repercussion for it? He just took a final blow from Gremlin and dies? I was kinda expecting more. Also, Sora is the final villain of the show. Didn't see it coming at all.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Ah, I just thought of something... If Sora, who is a Phantom, becomes a human... Would that make him a mage, a Gate, or would he lack any and all magic?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
TAKBonez
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Luka Milfy
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: Punk & Crust
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Hime hime hime, suki suki daisuki, hime hime
Type: ESFP Performer

Post by TAKBonez »

All I gotta say is Gremlin is my FUCKING HERO. I literally hopped out of my bed screaming and laughing when he killed Fueki. I don't care what any of you guys say Gremlin is such an awesome villain.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

TAKBonez wrote:All I gotta say is Gremlin is my FUCKING HERO. I literally hopped out of my bed screaming and laughing when he killed Fueki. I don't care what any of you guys say Gremlin is such an awesome villain.
But he is a good villain. Hell I haven't felt so much hate for someone in the Kamen Rider series except for Kusaka Masato from Kamen Rider Faiz
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I think he'd be better if the actor wasn't so lame. >>
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I enjoy Gremlin, but he's not really integrated into the plot very well. His motivations either don't make sense, are unclear, or are made up on the spot to suit the episode. I like seeing him torment the heroes since he's a pretty good troll, but he's pretty underused and not really final boss material.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:I think he'd be better if the actor wasn't so lame. >>
Matter of opinion, I happen to think Maeyama Takahisa is a wonderful actor. Out of curiosity (as someone who has actually seen him do more than just this role), what is it about him that makes you call him lame? :(
takenoko wrote:I enjoy Gremlin, but he's not really integrated into the plot very well. His motivations either don't make sense, are unclear, or are made up on the spot to suit the episode. I like seeing him torment the heroes since he's a pretty good troll, but he's pretty underused and not really final boss material.
Is that really so different from any other Surprise!Final Boss? The one that most readily comes to mind is Utopia Dopant in W. Where the hell did he come from? What is he doing? Why are we supposed to care? Only Utopia Dopant just pissed me off, while Sora... I dunno, I don't think I'm supposed to, but I feel for the guy!

I've seen a few people in this thread mention why his wanting to be human doesn't make sense. Doesn't it? He was happy as a human. A psychopathic murderer, maybe, but happy and generally well liked and he had friends and a job. I think people are forgetting that Sora is in the same boat as Haruto, on the opposite side: He was kidnapped and used as part of a ritual sacrifice in the first Sabbath, just like the rest of the Phantoms, only unlike the rest of the Phantoms, he remembers that, or at least remembers it as being something that he did not want. Unlike Unamori Misa or Fujita Yugo or any of the others, Takigawa Sora is not dead.

In episode 34, when he said to Haruto and Rinko "It's not like I asked for this", I absolutely do not believe he's lying to them. He didn't want to be involved in the Sabbath any more than Haruto did, but he got the Phantom end of that particular conflict.

Could they have been more clear with him, used him more, set him up better? AB-SO-FUCKING-LUTELY I would have loved to see more of Gremlin, more of Sora, and hell yeah, more of his motivations. BUT does that mean I don't think he's worth being the final boss? Nope. Hated Fueki, his motivations were incredibly clear but totally limited. Plus, as I mentioned in a previous post, he kind of had to die or he never would have given up on bringing Koyomi back at any cost, but having our Ostensible Hero kill a 'normal human'? Not likely. Someone had to do it, and who better than the one character who has been explicitly established as not having any problem with killing unarmed average people?

/Sora rambles
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Lunagel wrote:
Dengar wrote:Topic Change Go!

So can anyone speculate why the White Wizard's driver goes "Understand" instead of "Saikouuuuuuuuuuuu!". There seems to be no relation between the words the same way with "Yes!" and "Very nice!" or "Please!" and "Go!" or "Now!".
The only thing I can think of is that they are just using quotes they heard from their English lessons, cause those are probably the words I use most :/
I think it does play in with the tone of the White Wizard's belt in general: it's rude and brash and BOSSY. It's never asking, it's giving orders, and so- UNDERSTAND

Also I think it's pretty explicit that White Wizard's finishers are NOT actually SAIKOU, since... Well, Haruto's are, and they can't both be the best.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Shoot, I got spotted. D:

Maybe "lame" was the wrong word but, I just didn't find the character all the entertaining and just kinda defaulted to assuming it was just the way Maeyama was playing him. I'd be more than happy to admit I'm wrong if he's better in a different show, though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I guess we're just going to have to disagree here. But personally, I think a good antagonist should have a meaningful relationship with the rest of the cast. Fueki does. Gremlin is just kind of off doing his own thing?

Yeah, I guess the hero shouldn't be cutting down other humans. But... no? We've seen plenty of shows where it's okay to kill off the bad guy, human or not. And it would have been a more meaningful decision for Wizard to make if he was forced to do it to stop Fueki's madness. Having Gremlin do it was kind of a cop out. Like Fueki killing Medusa so that Mayu didn't have to do it herself. It breaks the basic revenge story convention and only leaves us with an unsatisfactory impact on the viewer.

As for Gremlin's actor. I really never blame the actors for bad performances in these shows. If the director decided to go with a bad performance instead of redoing it so that it was better, that's more on the director's head.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”