KR Wizard 50 released

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizaaaaard
Forum rules
Image

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
User avatar
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:56 pm
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.
Location: New England
Contact:

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by butyoumight » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Another thing I really appreciated about the relationship between these last two episodes is the way Fueki's cane-flute was explicitly established by Kousuke as being strong enough/powerful enough to destroy a Driver (not a very common occurrence). And then, the second thing Sora does with it is destroy Fueki's driver. Haruto's going to have to watch his waist.
Image
Image

StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:09 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: everything...
Location: Under the radar...

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by StagBeetle » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:55 pm

DekaBreak wrote:Yamamoto is just like Fueki. He's fine with killing others for his daughter. Same for Yamamoto. Koyomi can die as long as he can get back to his family. The "Daddy Logic" here is one of extreme effort to keep the family together, not one of mutual understanding.
No, Yamamoto is NOT like Fueki. He's not sacrificing anyone. He's just the first of them to accept Koyomi's fate (understandably because he's the least closest to her). He's just making the others realize that their attachment to Koyomi who's already dead, causes suffering to everyone, including themselves. So, it's the Wizard gang that's very much more alike to Fueki.

User avatar
Dengar
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Posts: 1878
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:18 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gaim
2ndFavoriteSeries: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good
Location: Unknown
Contact:

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by Dengar » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Only from Yamamoto's POV

User avatar
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Posts: 3128
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:33 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gaim
2ndFavoriteSeries: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Deadly Premonition
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by Kogashi » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:20 pm

Yamamoto's stance is less about willingness to sacrifice others for their own family's sake, and more a comment on the ease of which it is to say 'it's someone else's problem' if the person is a stranger. The only relation he has with Koyomi, or at least the largest connection, is she's the reason he was kidnapped away from his family, be basically mind controlled/magically forced to use magic to beat the shit out of Haruto, and nearly killed in order to kill thousands of more people. True those were all Fueki's actions, but stuck in his mind is 'it was Koyomi's fault'.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

User avatar
Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
Posts: 7896
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gekiranger
Location: Japan

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by Lunagel » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Dengar wrote:Topic Change Go!

So can anyone speculate why the White Wizard's driver goes "Understand" instead of "Saikouuuuuuuuuuuu!". There seems to be no relation between the words the same way with "Yes!" and "Very nice!" or "Please!" and "Go!" or "Now!".
The only thing I can think of is that they are just using quotes they heard from their English lessons, cause those are probably the words I use most :/

ViRGE
Save the life
Posts: 1557
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:35 pm

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by ViRGE » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:11 am

Well I'd say that was a great episode, but then I'd be lying. The action was a fantastic follow-up to last week's mayhem. The story scenes were forgettable and unmoving at best, so I am (sadly) still looking forward to being done with Wizard.

And good riddance to White Mage! :twisted:
OOOKaiser wrote:After watching this episode for the second time I realize why I didn't feel anything for Koyomi and Fueki's death. It's been overdone too many times. First it was Philip, then Ankh, then Kengo. It just doesn't work anymore.
I'm not sure if I agree with the cause, but the effect was the same. I completely understand the angle they were going for on this episode, but it didn't move me in the slightest. This has for the most part been a boring series with a weak overarching story, so there's been very little to invest into. Stuff happened; I have no idea why I'm supposed to care.
silver arrow wrote:Next time.
Gremlin uses the Philosopher's Stone to become human. Then Rinko arrests him and he goes to prison for life for being a serial killer. The end.
That should totally be how they end it.
And that's one of the bits that confuses me. If we were to draw out a venn diagram of the abilities of humans and phantoms, phantoms would be a complete superset of humans. Gremlin has it all: he can be human when he wants to, and he can be a superpowered evil-doer when he wants something else to do. What does he gain from being human? Because I'm certainly not seeing it.
Yaiba wrote:They better not revive Koyomi in the next episode.
They will. You just know it. That's how Toei rolls. This has to be a happy ending.
butyoumight wrote:Haruto's going to have to watch his waist.
If Haruto was even the slightest bit interested in watching his waist, he wouldn't have been eating all of those donuts for the last 50 episodes. :lol:
Last edited by ViRGE on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kobayashi
01
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:11 pm
Male: Yes

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by Kobayashi » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:35 am

With being new to the Kamen Rider series, I guess I'm lucky not seeing so many comapnions killed off and revived again, eh?

What I liked in that episode:

SpoilerShow
  • SpoilerShow
    • Gremlin steals the show from Fueki; I think it fits perfectly with how Gremlin acted throughout the whole series.
    • Haruto getting Infinity back through Koyomi. Felt not too forced.
    • Nitou's feelings for Yuzuru being intact and vice versa. It was a bit touching that Yuzuru wanted to keep fighting for Nitou.
    • Grumpy Yamamoto just wants to get back
    • Mayu overcame her desire for revenge and don't want to use magic anymore (she would be too late anyway, with Fueki gone)


What I didn't like in that episode:

SpoilerShow
  • SpoilerShow
    • Even with him remembering that the (real) Koyomi and (fake) Koyomi reminding him in some sort of a way and his plans foiled, he kept on... I don't know. Sure I can understand his desire and this just doesn't go away, but keeping on with "Well, than we need another Sabbath" was just bananas. I gather he is intelligent to know, that now everybody knows, they would double their efforts...
    • Koyomis speech. Though I think the speech was vital to Haruto to not fall into despair, it felt a bit cheesy.


My thoughts on Sora getting Human again:

SpoilerShow
I remember that Phoenix said he even can't taste anything more. So I guess Sora is out to restore his human body, so he can have ordinary pleasure... Maybe it's thrilling for him, being vulnerable. I also think of the episode with the starlet, where he didn't show to her, that he was Gremlin. He enjoyed doing it in his human hull and I guess he wants to enjoy it further...

However I guess that the Philosopher's Stone won't act as he wants. He came this far by guessing and gambling and guess his luck will run out eventually... however maybe this was also a ploy (mostly for the viewers). I guess the episode starts off, with Germlin realizing, that the stone won't work as he pleases and is somehow connected to the mages. So a fight is forced... I don't know. Still being puzzeled / confused about this part a bit...


Anyway I'm looking forward to ALL three episodes. Maybe the epilogue episodes will bring some sort of further explanations or so. Also we are closer to Kamen Rider Fruit Basket, which I'm excited about ;p

User avatar
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2ndFavoriteSeries: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"
Location: Cumming, Georgia

My Thoughts on K.R. Wizard 50!

Post by Enter the Meteor » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:04 am

Hello~

Sora will be the last villain for the last episode of Kamen Rider Wizard! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! :)
OOOKaiser wrote:After watching this episode for the second time I realize why I didn't feel anything for Koyomi and Fueki's death. It's been overdone too many times. First it was Philip, then Ankh, then Kengo. It just doesn't work anymore.
I'm not sure if I agree with the cause, but the effect was the same. I completely understand the angle they were going for on this episode, but it didn't move me in the slightest. This has for the most part been a boring series with a weak overarching story, so there's been very little to invest into. Stuff happened; I have no idea why I'm supposed to care.
Because you are human, that is why you should care. If you see a fellow human looking sad, do you not try to cheer them up?
silver arrow wrote:Next time.
Gremlin uses the Philosopher's Stone to become human. Then Rinko arrests him and he goes to prison for life for being a serial killer. The end.
That should totally be how they end it.
And that's one of the bits that confuses me. If we were to draw out a venn diagram of the abilities of humans and phantoms, phantoms would be a complete superset of humans. Gremlin has it all: he can be human when he wants to, and he can be a superpowered evil-doer when he wants something else to do. What does he gain from being human? Because I'm certainly not seeing it.
He wants to be in control of his own actions. He never wanted to become a Phantom.
Yaiba wrote:They better not revive Koyomi in the next episode.
They will. You just know it. That's how Toei rolls. This has to be a happy ending.
Yep! I know! Instead of crying tears of sadness for five minutes, I will cry tears of happiness for [insert number of time] minutes.
butyoumight wrote:Haruto's going to have to watch his waist.
If Haruto was even the slightest bit interested in watching his waste, he wouldn't have been eating all of those donuts for the last 50 episodes. :lol:[/quote]

Not just any doughnut! Plain Sugar!
The only thing I can think of is that they are just using quotes they heard from their English lessons, cause those are probably the words I use most :/
This may be true. But, I thought it would be to characterize Feuki as a rude person. After all, he made his WizardDriver be rude and he was evil, morals!
And now that the source of her magical energy is forcibly ripped away from her, she gets a 3 minute death speech? Bullshit!
Maybe the Stone has some effect where it makes the users live for a certain period of time. Or, maybe the amount of energy that she still had with her caused her to retain that amount of life.

Translation Choice Question: At 09:43, Koyomi says "chigau", I would put "You're wrong!". Just having "No." there makes it...sound off.

I cannot wait for the finale!

Later~

User avatar
Joosche
Go Go!
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:39 am
Male: Yes
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: High Fantasy
Location: Brazil

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by Joosche » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:31 am

I don't get it. Why Sora wants to be a human if he is already half of it? What he gains with that?

Karoum
7X
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:55 am

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by Karoum » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:04 am

Dengar wrote:
Topic Change Go!

So can anyone speculate why the White Wizard's driver goes "Understand" instead of "Saikouuuuuuuuuuuu!". There seems to be no relation between the words the same way with "Yes!" and "Very nice!" or "Please!" and "Go!" or "Now!".
I think it's actually pretty simple.

Haruto's driver is polite and makes "requests".

Fueki's makes demands and gives orders. I guess understand should be taken in the context of a drill Sargent shouting "Understood?" after giving an order.

User avatar
Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
Posts: 7896
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gekiranger
Location: Japan

Re: My Thoughts on K.R. Wizard 50!

Post by Lunagel » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:04 am

Enter the Meteor wrote:
OOOKaiser wrote:After watching this episode for the second time I realize why I didn't feel anything for Koyomi and Fueki's death. It's been overdone too many times. First it was Philip, then Ankh, then Kengo. It just doesn't work anymore.
I'm not sure if I agree with the cause, but the effect was the same. I completely understand the angle they were going for on this episode, but it didn't move me in the slightest. This has for the most part been a boring series with a weak overarching story, so there's been very little to invest into. Stuff happened; I have no idea why I'm supposed to care.
Because you are human, that is why you should care. If you see a fellow human looking sad, do you not try to cheer them up?
There's a difference between seeing someone in person and seeing something when you're removed from it. Something happens to us, we care. Something happens to someone we can see and interact with, we care. But if we aren't close to someone then it's harder to care about something. And that's Wizard's big failing. It tells us that we should care for something but it doesn't tell us why or give us any sort of investment. And that's why it's really hard to care about the feelings of a character when the story hasn't really given us any insight into his feelings up to this point.

W, OOO and Fourze, all the characters who died were integral to the story. They took up a huge chunk of screen time and had tons of dialogue. Koyomi wasn't hardly there half the time. You could replace her with a dog for most of her scenes and I don't think the story would have changed at all. I can't care about Koyomi's death because the story hasn't given me any reason to.

Karoum
7X
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:55 am

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by Karoum » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:05 am

Joosche wrote:I don't get it. Why Sora wants to be a human if he is already half of it? What he gains with that?
Maybe phantoms can't get their jollies off?

User avatar
OOOKaiser
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Posts: 1359
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by OOOKaiser » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:01 am

Joosche wrote:I don't get it. Why Sora wants to be a human if he is already half of it? What he gains with that?

Now that you mention it... why in the world would he o_O he kept his humanity why not use his phantom form to kill more woman? The writers really messed up a lot..
Last edited by OOOKaiser on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

qedins
Go Go!
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:10 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2ndFavoriteSeries: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Riisa Naka
Favorite Band: L'arc en Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: "Where's our eccentric?"
"I'm right here!"
"No. I mean sempai."
"Oh."
Location: Filgaia

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by qedins » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:54 am

Gremlin reminded me alot of the first Pirates of The Caribbean movie where the enemy
also wants to become human again. So, I suspect his reason is similar to that

User avatar
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Posts: 2928
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:18 pm
Male: Yes
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:19 am

Lunagel wrote:W, OOO and Fourze, all the characters who died were integral to the story. They took up a huge chunk of screen time and had tons of dialogue. Koyomi wasn't hardly there half the time. You could replace her with a dog for most of her scenes and I don't think the story would have changed at all. I can't care about Koyomi's death because the story hasn't given me any reason to.
Yep. Also doesn't help that Koyomi's actress was part of an idol group and therefore couldn't have been around for filming a good portion of the time.

Post Reply

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”