Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Wizard Complete Series Discussion

Post by OOOKaiser »

DrowningFishy wrote:"At least Decade had a reason for being bad."

Gokaiger made that reason mute; they could have made Decade awesome if they didn't veer so AU. However when I say "IMHO it was better then Decade" it means I can just bear watching it. I am disappointed Gremlin didn't turn out more. Usually the harder fights go to the ones who are scheming.
What's wrong with Decade? I mean the plot holes were bad in the end but it was still enjoyable to watch during its early episodes ^^
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Wrong forum to discuss Decade, plus what I have to say about it it's safe not to say it to people who are not friends with me.

AH plot holes, we can be certain KR is riddled with those and they don't even care to try to seal them up. Hell just look at Kiva.

Other then the incomplete story lines did Wizard have any plot holes. I can't think of any amusingly enough.
Karoum
7X

Post by Karoum »

DrowningFishy wrote:Wrong forum to discuss Decade, plus what I have to say about it it's safe not to say it to people who are not friends with me.

AH plot holes, we can be certain KR is riddled with those and they don't even care to try to seal them up. Hell just look at Kiva.

Other then the incomplete story lines did Wizard have any plot holes. I can't think of any amusingly enough.
Plot hole:

Why did White Wizard bother giving the driver to Haruto in the first place? When you think about it it's pretty stupid. He needed mages, not mages with active drivers. Also, the more mages with drivers you have running around, the less phantom you have available to do your bidding and the slower the process of creating mages. He could've given Haruto the driver and the please ring and left his daughter with him for her energy needs.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Karoum wrote:[

Plot hole:

Why did White Wizard bother giving the driver to Haruto in the first place? When you think about it it's pretty stupid. He needed mages, not mages with active drivers. Also, the more mages with drivers you have running around, the less phantom you have available to do your bidding and the slower the process of creating mages. He could've given Haruto the driver and the please ring and left his daughter with him for her energy needs.
If he didn't give them the driver there would be no show lool
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I think he means from an in-universe POV, not from the staff's side.
Karoum
7X

Post by Karoum »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:I think he means from an in-universe POV, not from the staff's side.
Yup.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

He gave Haruto the Wizard Driver so that Haruto could give his magical energy to Koyomi/The Philosopher stone and so he could be the first flesh pillar for the final sacrifice. He also knew that if he gave Haruto a reason to fight (IE facing the Phantoms) he wouldn't just give up being a mage.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Kamen Rider Wizard Complete Series Discussion!!!!

Post by Enter the Meteor »

I LOVED this program!

I am disappointing that Sora was not introduced earlier in the show! I will miss you forever, Sora! He, Haurto and I all have the same problem; we are all forced into something against our will. I have my vision, Haurto has the Wizard deal and Sora is a Phantom who wants to be human.

The whole Mage controversy is just dumb. They are all supposed to be "inferior" to Fueki and Haurto; that is WHY that are not as polished.

The Gates are all likeable; expect for Arai and Nemoto. My favorite was Takagi.

Kousuke was the best thing ever, besides Sora! It is good to see that he and Yuzuru are traveling buddies, long live mayonnaise!

The revelation that Wiseman was the White Wizard was nice, but easily spotted as of episode 02.

Koyomi...I cried for her. Long live the Hope Ring!

Overall, I loved this show and I cannot wait for the other two episodes! More product placement!
Karoum
7X

Post by Karoum »

Kogashi wrote:He gave Haruto the Wizard Driver so that Haruto could give his magical energy to Koyomi/The Philosopher stone and so he could be the first flesh pillar for the final sacrifice. He also knew that if he gave Haruto a reason to fight (IE facing the Phantoms) he wouldn't just give up being a mage.
It didn't matter, did it? White Wizard can brainwash you and he will abduct you whether you like it/want to be a mage or not.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Karoum wrote:
Kogashi wrote:He gave Haruto the Wizard Driver so that Haruto could give his magical energy to Koyomi/The Philosopher stone and so he could be the first flesh pillar for the final sacrifice. He also knew that if he gave Haruto a reason to fight (IE facing the Phantoms) he wouldn't just give up being a mage.
It didn't matter, did it? White Wizard can brainwash you and he will abduct you whether you like it/want to be a mage or not.
He COULD have just brainwashed him; but he would not have felt that connection with Koyomi. On the second Sabbath, it was much more emotional and caused Haurto to really give into the true, utter despair. He would have not been able to level up the way he did; he formed a contract with Dragon and it made the second Sabbath stronger.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Such a bland show. Why was this 51 episodes long? What was taking up all that space? Wizard could be pretty tight if they gave it a Decade-sized run, you know? I would love to know what happened in the writer's room that made this show so flat and uninspired. It mostly just felt like someone who was writing about things they did not care for. "Oh, I've got to have the script ready for tomorrow morning, better start writing it."

Haruto feels somewhat like they wanted another Tendou Souji, and whiffed hard. He's stoic, he's smug, and he spends the whole time hanging out with a girl he cares for deeply, but who isn't really human and goes missing towards the end, prompting him to scream her name in anguish several times. Maybe if the show had been structured more like Kabuto or Hibiki, where the guy whose point of view we follow most often isn't the titular character, Haruto would have felt more cool, his non-emotions coming across as mysterious instead of dull.

I think not having interesting villains was a problem. If you have recurring villains, they need to hold your attention, like the Horrorscopes, the Greeed, that awesome puppeteer Fangire, Lucky Clover, etc. Phoenix was exactly that, but then they wrote him out and it was almost impossible to give a damn about Medusa, Wiseman, or even Sora. Medusa had zero personality, Wiseman was just a grief-stricken dad who almost was a good villain if they had just done anything with him much earlier in the series, and Sora was so poorly handled it boggles the mind to see. (Seriously, Sora should have been one of Haruto's old friends, like his soccer-playing buddy with the bum knee. That would have been perfect for the themes Sora kept trying to invoke.)

Wizard was probably the weakest-written Rider series I've ever seen, which is out of a group of all the shows TV-N has completed. I doubt I'll remember much about it by the time we get to see Wizard in Magicland some months down the line, so it'll be exciting for once!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

dancercotillion wrote:Such a bland show. Why was this 51 episodes long? What was taking up all that space? Wizard could be pretty tight if they gave it a Decade-sized run, you know?
Or a 24-26 episode run like Garo. The only episode I liked from Wizard was the very first episode.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

See, I think Medusa actually was pretty good but mostly when she was used in foil with Mayu. Her scenes with Mayu were spectacular but apart from that she was pretty one-dimensional. If they had used Mayu more, I think a lot of problems would have been fixed in the show in general, not just their characters.
Karoum
7X

Post by Karoum »

Enter the Meteor wrote: He COULD have just brainwashed him; but he would not have felt that connection with Koyomi. On the second Sabbath, it was much more emotional and caused Haurto to really give into the true, utter despair. He would have not been able to level up the way he did; he formed a contract with Dragon and it made the second Sabbath stronger.
That's still an extremely stupid plan if White Wizard really thought it could work.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Apparently Haruto is meant to feed Koyomi's mana consumption, so he needs to be the battery mage, rechargeable and upgradable. What bothers me is why Fueki gave him the stones from time to time rather than just dumped the heap of stones on him.

To me Wizard has been a series hard to love. I mean, it started off really neat, the cast is fine, all the designs have been well done, amazing action sequences and a more serious tone, or at least that's what they initially promised us. And then ...

Although at the beginning the show seemed captivating, it soon got trapped in the 2-arc format. The number of interconnected episodes were barely more than 10, hell, maybe less. I remember when ep 25 got subbed, and people asked themselves, wow halfway already? The first half of Wizard was more or less an excuse to demonstrate all the forms (then again, that seems to be the way things' done nowadays, much to my dismay). Things just got picked up around ep40, by then I was already watching just for the sake of completing it. Boy was I disappointed. How dare they tried to recycle Ryuki's plot. And worst of all, they did not pull that off well.

The gang this year... hmm, is so-so, I guess. Haruto and his deadpan got boring fast, infact I might be biased toward Wizard just because how boring I find the protagonist.
Haruto feels somewhat like they wanted another Tendou Souji, and whiffed hard. He's stoic, he's smug, and he spends the whole time hanging out with a girl he cares for deeply, but who isn't really human and goes missing towards the end, prompting him to scream her name in anguish several times. Maybe if the show had been structured more like Kabuto or Hibiki, where the guy whose point of view we follow most often isn't the titular character, Haruto would have felt more cool, his non-emotions coming across as mysterious instead of dull.
Ditto.

Nitou is great, though a bit forced at first, but he is the last Kamen Rider I would want to be: a bum with no ride, an outsider of the main plot, declaring rivalry on his own yet never managed to surpass Wizard, and got to Rider Kick only ONCE. Wait, Beast? ...Amazon anyone?

The girls are all cute, but given how sexist Kamen Rider has been, I should have known better. Koyomi was mostly not there, and her important ability was soon ignored, ironically making her hardly anything more than a show mascot. Mayu was developed nicely, but constantly jumped from action girl status to distressed damsel D: Rinko's a fortunate bright light, probably one of the most lovable female companion of a Rider. Lastly I guess we all love Kaba-chan <3

Did I miss anyone? Any particularly annoying, useless, childish people?

Nah...
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”