ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Re: KR Wizard 53 released

Post by Mandalori »

Dengar wrote:Yeah Agito is slightly different. Although his origin is at the very least -similar- to the Unknown.

I don't think Kuuga is a Grongi either, although he is very much connected to them.
Same for Hibiki, his power doesn't come from Makamou.

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
ShadowThePika wrote:Wait... Beast died. What happened to Beast? Is this is a time paradox now? Old beast died and now the past is altered?
According to Shou Aikawa, who wrote these two episodes, Beast returned to his own world.
Like I said in the previous episode thread, the part where Beasts was sucked in this world was already in another eps, I don't remember which one, but I do remember the 3 Ghuls being eated and the children calling for help and Beasts seeking the source of the voice, so this story is still on the continuity and planned within the series, since it also invoke Haruto being able to save Koyomi, something he wasn't able to do in his world.
dat20091 wrote:WHY YOU GIVE HIM THE INFINITY RING, HE'S SUPPOSE TO START WITH FIRE
Because he's using them to summon others Riders, and it was established that Infinity was Haruto's own power, and not something he was given by Fueki.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Dengar wrote:I don't think Kuuga is a Grongi either, although he is very much connected to them.
They talk about this far later into Kuuga then they probably should have. Not going to repeat what they said since it's been a while, so my memory of it is vague, and I think it might count as a spoiler...

Anyway, yeah, Agito and Decade are Riders who don't draw their power from the same source as the monsters. Hibiki doesn't either, but he's an Oni, not a Rider.

Spoiler
And I think we can half-count Kiva, since using a Kivat to transform isn't exclusively a Fangire thing.

Was hoping Tsukasa would be more involved, but I suppose some early Gaim action kinda makes up for it. The suit looks decent in motion.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Now the Kiva comment is just silly since the Kiva armor is suppose to be
Spoiler
the armor of the King of the Fangire, KIng of VAmpire, Kiva, all that. Seriously if you include Faiz as a Rider who pulls his power from the enemy of the series than Kiva should be included as well.
Meanwhile, Deace is
Spoiler
more of a call back to the Showa era where it was a system made by a captive Dai Shocker scientist/inventor meant to be used by their ruler, if the Decade All Rider movie is taken as canon.

Agito it's less clear really, it's sort of... well...
Spoiler
It seems more the other way around, what with the Unknowns mainly being used to hunt down and kill those who could become Agitos but that's still not drawing their power from each other <<;
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I don't think this was a Gaim x Wizard more of an Episode 32 and 33 of Decade. The world in the gem has a similar setup to all the Decade Parallel dimensions with monsters running amok and the world's rider is a kid.

The two parter didn't bug me that much, but it has gotten my hopes up for Gaim, his fighting style is really great and I love how orange juice splattered the screen when he kicked.

My only beef is with Den-O's upgraded form... I've said this before in the net movies topic for SHTZ. Momotaros should only be able to be in Sword Form, since he wasn't able to be a part of Liner Form and can't Climax without the rest. It would've been funny if Momo looked around and went. 'Wait! I don't get a super form!?' Might've been funnier.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

This was pretty cool. I just wished that it was handled a lot differently.
I think most importantly, for me any, was that the concept was really cool. It could have been a good Dissidia styled game or a full movie.
Also if it had a competent villain and a sense of urgency for the Riders to win it could be pretty badass.
I love seeing the Riders come together and just fight shit. On of the reason that Battride War was so appealing to me. But what I feel these big ass Rider crossovers need more than anything is more legit interaction between the Riders.
Something like Tendou and Tsukasa could bump heads and Ryoutarou and Wataru are just in the background nervous as hell saying stop fighting. That's just some random example but something that stays true to their personalities and interaction spread out evenly between the 14 Riders. That's something I believe could actually be done.

What I would LOVE, but the odd of it happening are pretty much non-existent, would be for all the original actor to reprise their Rider roles in some amazing movie.
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

I don't know why but I feel contented after watching this episode. For me, Amadam was hilarious with cosplaying stuff but got creepy for a second because of the cut. Decade was badass as usual, but I just wish that the other riders didn't speak unless it was the original actors' voices that were used. It was a bit bothering. Damn you Gaim, I wanna see how you henshin. :lol:
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Mandalori wrote:Like I said in the previous episode thread, the part where Beasts was sucked in this world [..]
Yes but, the question was whether or not he died in this one; to which I answered that he didn't.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

They must have had some budget left over - so odd, really - because not only did they do all those guest rider SFX, wizard's own elemental sfx were much nicer than usual.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

When Haruto gave the kid his Infinity ring I was like wtf is this! Then I remembered it was a special episode and wasn't canon to the show. Or am I wrong..
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:the scheduling seemed okay?
Well then I guess it was just genuinely and unnecessarily dragged on ._.
ling023
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by ling023 »

Mandalori wrote: Same for Hibiki, his power doesn't come from Makamou.
In Japanese myth, Oni and the Makamou are Yokai demons. But in Hibiki's case, the Oni have allied with Human. In Decade, Hibiki himself turned into Makamou when he overpowered and out of control.
TheLastTatlFan wrote: Anyway, yeah, Agito and Decade are Riders who don't draw their power from the same source as the monsters. Hibiki doesn't either, but he's an Oni, not a Rider.
Please, don't be "racist". Wizard and Beast are not rider too, they're wizard.
Another example is Agito. Agito is not a rider, he's a "monster" whose power came from God, the good-God.
The last part of this episode revealed that Gaim himself doesn't know if he addressed as "kamen rider".

The idea of Kamen Rider is warriors who protect human freedom. When someone cries for help, a Rider will surely come running. At least that's what Haruto said.
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

amadam said while losing : " I dont know how you won...we are born from the same power".... ITS FUCKING 15 VS 1!!
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

Noooooo. :(

I really, REALLY liked Wizard. But, like with others and favorites of mine in the Kamen Rider series, all good things must come to an end for new beginnings. Gaim looks interesting, yet I'm TRYING not to throw in a lot of fruit jokes, which I have plenty of, lol (dont get me started, heh). Wizard will be greatly missed but I'm looking to see how Gaim will fare.

This two part special wasn't too bad; par the course for the fight scenes which were good to see.

The Riders vs monsters part was screaming a major splash page from a comic book. I'm ok with that at least, heh.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

DarkCrusnik wrote:amadam said while losing : " I dont know how you won...we are born from the same power".... ITS FUCKING 15 VS 1!!
What did you expect a boss enemy who had been ranting on and on about being the source of all powers to say? 'Welp, I was wrong, good on ya, see you when the next 'I am the ultimate power' villain shows up in like 3 months'?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

samelf wrote:jesh adaman took a lot of rider kicks before finally dying its got to be a record.
I think the record for most rider kicks to a single enemy would technically go to Shadow Moon since he took over 20 of them at once in all riders vs dai shocker. Though Shockers great rock leader could sorta be argued if not for he got hit by a bunch of bikes(Kamen Rider, teaching children that when your problems can't be solved by a kick, getting friends and running it over in a 40 formation is the next best choice :mrgreen: )

Over all I liked the episode and thought it was funny when Momotaros told Amadam that they weren't under any control from the rings and were just protecting the weak. Looking forward to gaim.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”