Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Re: KR Wizard 53 released

Post by archer9234 »

It was a okay qouta ending. I mean, we really didn't need it. They could of jsut left two weeks blank. I think if they really wanted a good team up movie. They have to restrict the cast to 4 or 5 riders. that way, they can get all the mains back. And then can have dialog together. Without having 400 rider kicks to pay for, at the end.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

ling023 wrote: And Tsukasa, his journey for the last 4 years has made him so mature.
I'd rather have the old arrogant Tsukasa back XD
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

So, it was a crossover so it had a random and flashy enemy and lots of strong riders and monsters being beaten easily.

And yet I liked it. The whole "even if you're using the power of monsters you can still be a hero" and that whole plot is what Kamen Rider is all about.

So, about Wiz in general.

Haruto is a great Rider. He's a true hero. I also liked how he's strong but doesn't have a terrible personality, like some riders (like Tendo). He's friendly and funny. And besides the terrible belt voices and the hand belt, the suits are all very good. Unfortunately, he didn't have much development as a character (at least he had some, unlike Shotaro).

2nd has a great concept. With crisis comes chance. He was also a very heroic and funny character. Unfortunately, they overdid his weirdness and downplayed his crisis/chance thing. He also didn't get much development.

As for the villains, I really like how they didn't do the Lucky Clover routine and the commanders that needed to die died when they should. The others started to flee when Haru got his last upgrade. Though Medusa did waste lots of chances to kill the riders.

Phoenix was boring and Gremlin had an interesting concept, but he was mostly irritating until the end, when he showed how he could be a great villain. I liked how his ambition was to be human again since he became a Phantom unwillingly.

Medusa was AWESOME. She was a cool, competent and no nonsense villain. And that evil smile! She's the best.

The main villain was just ok. He spent most of the series being a mystery and while his intentions where interesting, as a character he was just a plot device.

Normal Phantons had good design and they cast the strangest actors to play them. That was cool.

The supporting cast was interesting. Wajima was just there. Shunpei is the uncool, goofy friend with no coordination. He didn't become more than that. And most of his antics overlaped with the 2nd, so he became even less relevant.

Koyomi was cute and played her part of damsel in distress very well. She showed a lot of fiber when she needed too. She was a good character. But besides the main plot, she was rarely used in the series. A waste

Rinko was awesome. A strong, competent, funny and beautiful woman. And yet she was also wasted. She didn't help as much as she could and didn't get a lot of development. a total waste.

The characters had great chemistry between themselves. Their moments were good, but the show didn't rely on that as much as it should.

The choreaography was excellent. Wizard's moves were very cool, though they overdid it sometimes and it lost the roughness a good fight needs. Since Wiz as precise and fluid, 2nd had the sloppy fighting style, which was also ok, but not as cool.

As for the plot... The finale was interesting. They didn't use magic to solve the drama, which was a huge plus. Gremlin's ambition was interesting and the main goal of the main villain was also very interesting. But that doesn't erase weeks of boring and formulaic 2 eps arcs that focused on nobodies and forgot to develop the main cast (just like in 4z). Sure, not all arcs have to move the plot forward or develop the cast, but they almost never did it and in the end they lacked moments to shine. And the plot twist could be seen through early in the series.

Wiz had great action and characters, the main plot (near the end) and ending were good and the villains were also good or at least ok. But it just followed the formula too much, lacked time for the characters and didn't have a really complex plot, so it ended up having lots of style but lacking substance.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=4 ... DwbfAZ5.99
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

OOOKaiser wrote:
ling023 wrote: And Tsukasa, his journey for the last 4 years has made him so mature.

So would I. His lines from this really could have been given to any rider.
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

AxemYellow wrote:
OOOKaiser wrote:

So would I. His lines from this really could have been given to any rider.
Definitely. Tsukasa was so much fun in Decade and seeing him be just generic here was sad. It was a waste of a cameo really.
Last edited by ShadowThePika on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Dude you mixed up the quote names.
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

OOOKaiser wrote:Dude you mixed up the quote names.
sorry, i'm not fully used to the format of this thread. I'll fix it.
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.
JapzLapeno

Post by JapzLapeno »

I could never really get into Wizard. Maybe i'll try again in a few years and find that i like it (like i'm doing with OOO now). I remember seeing the post for 51 saying that the series was wrapped and i was wondering why there was such a delay between Wizard and Gaim. Then i saw 52 up and got all confused. I downloaded 52 (after reading online what it was about) and then watched this. I didn't really like the drawn out setup of 52, but i liked seeing the 2000 and later Riders together.

My favorite moment in this is
Spoiler
when Den-O turns to the guy and calls him an idiot for thinking they were bound to obey the person who summoned them.
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

kogashi... he could have zipped his mouth... wtf it makes no sense.. its not 1 vs 1 not wonder... its 15....15!!!!!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

JapzLapeno wrote:Then i saw 52 up and got all confused. I downloaded 52 (after reading online what it was about) and then watched this.
Episode 52 and 53 are TV Specials.
DaiMomotar
Humongous
Favorite series: Kamen Rider V3 !!
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Miu Kazashiro
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Miyauchi
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: Tatakau seigi no...

Post by DaiMomotar »

I liked Wizards series. I kept a loose open mind while viewing. The beginning of the series 4th quarter I was anxious to see the climactic ending. It was fun, over the top and spot on some times but there have been better seasons. I sort of dismissed the movement of the 52 and Last episode thinking it was a cheesy reason to place him and all riders together. I am of course, all for all riders - but this time it seemed a little forced and has a miss use of Decade. I was touched by that last minute of the last episode and sort of thought - scrap everything in those 2 episodes but that..... Alternatively, Its good to know somewhere out there some friends of yours are doing well living stress free - Thanks Wizard !!
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

I only watched this episode two days ago. I like cross overs. I like Decade.

These past two eps really felt like they had a left over movie plot. Both in the positive sense and in the negative sense. Like usual they have to make the new rider seem extra powerful. I do like his armor and effects though. :)

The worst part for me was how weird everything was cut and I don't mean the jump cut with Amadam, I mean how they went from the riverbank to a dam to a cave. For a moment I thought I had missed an episode and was watching a recap. :(

I find it amusing to see that OOO's ultimate form is the Super Tatoba combo from the movie. :)
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Did Den-O use Liner Form at the end? I didn't get a great look at it, but it sure didn't look like Climax, which is surprising; for years, I guess because Liner is just Ryotaro and Climax is all the Imagin, Toei's been more or less pretending Liner Form doesn't exist. And that's sad, because Liner is a gorgeous suit and really awesome thematically.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It was Den-O Liner Form.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Which doesn't even make sense since Ryotaro isn't Den-O anymore. It's also inferior to Chou Climax Form.

As for OOO getting Super TaToBa, he never actually had an ultimate form during the series. Unless you count PuToTyra.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”