Go-Busters & Ultimatum Theatrical Cut?

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizaaaaard
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >

Should there be a Theatrical Cut released?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4
Zelalem
Infinity
Favorite series: EHH...TOO MANY!
2nd Favorite Series: EVEN HARDER!
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama
Favorite Actor?: Joe Odagiri
Favorite Band: The Seatbelts
My boom: Cowboy Bebop
Quote: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time.

Go-Busters & Ultimatum Theatrical Cut?

Post by Zelalem »

I understand Takenoko said that they were most likely not going to do a Theatrical Cut of Ultimatum, but I personally think it would be great to have one. Reasons being that the DC version of Ultimatum, for me that is, drags way too long and has several unnecessary bits. I've seen both the Theatrical Cut and Director's Cut of Megamax and I have more fun watching the TC version rather than the DC version. I've always believed in the philosophy that less is more and it shows in these movies.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Go-Busters & Ultimatum Theatrical Cut?

Post by Phoenix512 »

For us, it's more work to do the adjustments of the script. For the Go-Busters movie and Ultimatum, they released both the TC and DC at the same time. We rather do the DC since it's the more complete version. Also they were released on Blu-Ray so you are getting the best quality possible. For almost all of the Heisei KR summer movies, they released the TC in Blu-Ray while the DC is still in DVD. If there were Blu-Rays for the DC, we wouldn't bother with the TC. Also it comes down to timing which TCs are usually released first and then the DC is released 9-10 months later.

That basically explains why we sometimes do both and other times just the DC.

Also I don't really want to watch two versions of the same movie especially when there's only 3 minutes of new footage.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Go-Busters & Ultimatum Theatrical Cut?

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, in an ideal world we'd do both. But I think we can put our resources towards better things by just doing the one. For the most part, I think director's cuts aren't too bad. There's probably only a couple movies where it feels like the pacing is obviously worse for it that I can think of.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”