24%
* A Ghoul
5%

Total votes: 76
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Wizard

Post by TokuCasual »

Shunpei with the bird in a cage followed by Haruto soccer trip. Yea, it's a 2. Lots of decent moments all around, but not enough focus ruin this series.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

5? Alright, who's the Toei employee? :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Defend yourself!
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I put a 5 because it's the only Kamen Rider Series in which I watched the Raw on reguar basis (I began when Mayu was introduced, then during the Infinity arc and then every episodes since Mayu came back) because I couldn't wait for the sub. To compare, I've only watched the raws in Go-Busters for the Gavan crossover, and some important eps in Kyoryuger like the movie-related one, or the ones during the Bragigas' and KoryuSilver's introduction, the first been the one when Torin come back to life.

I liked the plot and the intractions between characters, mostly between the 6 Mages and Koyomi. Even if I agree that there was too much filler, I still liked it anyways, because it just show that the plot was going on while they had to protect the Gates and defeat the week's Phantom.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I would class this as the worst KR that I've seen. It still had a lot of good moments and I did enjoy a lot of it, so it gets a 3.
Sukeroku!
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto, Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Sukeroku! »

I didn't hate Wizard, but I can't vote higher than a 2. The first half of the season had well choreographed fights and the villian trio of Phoenix, Medusa and Wiseman seemed interesting. I appreciate the way they handled the ending, too.

Way too much filler for me to ever attempt a second viewing of the series. A shame, because I really wanted to like this series because I liked the theme and the Wizard suit is one of my favorite rider designs.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Yhea. Wizard does indeed have one of the coolest, if not coolest appearances.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Late to the game, but it's a 1. Two if I was feeling generous, but betrayed expectations and wasted potential have left me with no generosity towards this series what so ever.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

Knight of L-sama wrote:
Bomyne wrote:I really wish people would stop hating on Wizard... That show is still one of the best shows TV-N has subbed. It makes me sad to see the hate it gets :(
You are kidding right :shock: Of the Kamen Rider shows I've seen (starting from Kiva and skipping Decade) it is easily the weakest by far. Goseiger may have been bland but that's its only fault. Wizard was ultimately rather bland as well but unlike Goseiger that blandness ultimately wound up undermining and betraying the far more interesting ideas that it tried to set up. Being boring is one thing, promising being interesting and then being boring is in many ways far worse.
No, Knight of L-sama, I am not kidding.

Kamen Rider Wizard is still the strongest and ultimately best Kamen Rider show I've watched, and I'd even call it one of the best show TV-N has done. Not even Gaim or Drive, both of which I love, or Gokaiger, can live up to Wizard's awesomeness.

What did I like about the show?

1: Haruto's actor. Haruto was really well played and the emotional scenes really drove home the point.

2) Koyomi Fueki. This girl was unbelievably well played, but more than that, she was an unexpected plottwist. She was more than just Wizard's assistant, she was the ultimate reason why the attacks were occurring.

3) Wiseman. The main villain wasn't just "Hahaha I'm evil and going to kill everyone"... The main villain was trying to revive his daughter. It's a perfect example of "The ends don't justify the means"... Reviving his dead daughter is a noble goal, but he was willing to sacrifice hundreds of people to do it...

4) Magic. Come on, Everyone loves magic. The show had a different feel to Mahou Sentai Magiranger (Due to being based off a different practice than Magiranger) but it still had things in common with Magiranger. Elemental magic, random tricks, the lead power being a Fire power.

5) Female Rider. Come on, you have to give it points for that. Mayu was ultimately more fun and enjoyable than Yoko (KR Gaim). I feel that her role as a female Rider was not used enough in the series though.

6) The Driver and collectable items relied on something else to function.

In most KR series, the Driver and collectable items are all you need to fight. Not so in Wizard. All 6 TV series Riders required Mana... If they ran out of Mana (Which happened to Wizard a couple of times, and Beast once) they couldn't fight. More over, Wizard's phantom was directly attacked once, rendering Wizard powerless.

7) Dragon. Oh boy. Awesome design. Great voice. Awesome personality. Dragon really excels at KR's theme of turning a negative into a positive.

8) The suits. Wizard and Beast were both excellently designed.

9) The story. It was a serious story, not a throw-away story like OOO or Fourze. I never once had a reason to complain about Wizard's writing. It was fun, exciting and really hit the mark.

10) The ultimate sacrifice. Something I hated about the show was how under powered Beast was against the later foes. He had no chance to stand up to Wiseman/The White Wizard... but the way he dealt with the problem in the end, by sacrificing his own powers in order to stop White Wizard's plan.

11) Catch phrases. All Rider shows have catch phrases, but I really love the "It's show time" "It's lunchtime." ones.

12) The music. Oh the music. I had that theme song as the ring tone for my phone during Wizard and Gaim's run.

13) The show was fun. There was no boring bits... It was exciting and fun from start to stop.

Now, for the things I hated about the show. Yes, even a 5 star show has things I didn't like.

1) That kid... I forget his name. I feel like he had no purpose in the show other than comic relief. I hate comic relief.

2) Beast being overly weak. They always seem to come in strong with the secondary Riders and then downplay them towards the end. Beast isn't the only one they are doing this with. Look at Chaser in Drive. Mach. Basically any Rider in Gaim that isn't Baron or Gaim. Meteor. Birth. Accel. This isn't unique to Kamen Rider, as Super Sentai does it too. The 6th Rangers come in strong and than get downplayed in favour of the main heroes. Or more often than not, in favour of Red.. I hate that... I think the secondary heroes should get power ups and boosts to keep them in line with the main heroes/Rider.

3) No second series. Come on, if a rubbish show like Akibaranger could get a second season, why can't the number one show get a second season? Toei? Hello?! Toei?!
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Bomyne wrote:3) No second series. Come on, if a rubbish show like Akibaranger could get a second season, why can't the number one show get a second season? Toei? Hello?! Toei?!
No Kamen Rider series has had a direct follow up since Kamen Rider Black got Black RX. Don't expect that to change any time soon, regardless of the quality (or lack thereof in Wizard's case :mrgreen: )
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I actually agree with you on a lot of these points but I have to call you out on a few
Bomyne wrote:2) Koyomi Fueki. This girl was unbelievably well played, but more than that, she was an unexpected plottwist. She was more than just Wizard's assistant, she was the ultimate reason why the attacks were occurring.
No way. The actress decently played her but the main problem was she just wasn't fucking around. I'm pretty sure that the donut shop assistant got more screen time than her. Koyomi had barely any screen time and when she did, she was always with at least 2 or three other people. Pretty sure Rinko got more alone scenes with Haruto than she did. Koyomi was almost always in the shop and did pretty much nothing until the last 10 episodes. She may have been the reason everything was happening but it certainly wasn't due to anything she was doing, her role could have just as easily been fulfilled by an excitable dog.
Bomyne wrote:8) The suits. Wizard and Beast were both excellently designed.
I think you've forgotten about the beige travesty that was the Mage suit.
Bomyne wrote:3) No second series. Come on, if a rubbish show like Akibaranger could get a second season, why can't the number one show get a second season? Toei? Hello?! Toei?!
Akibaranger was amazing and Gaim is the number one show!
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Gaim is gonna be milked for what its worth they're just focusing on the secondary riders. I would still want to see Minato in her own Gaiden movie.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

I'm sorry if it's late to post here.

I haven't seen Wizard, so I'm not voting, but looking at the feedback it's gotten is really disappointing. Based on his design, I was expecting this to be a serious and amazing series. But my first disappointment actually came from his cameo in the Fourze movie, which I recently watched.

His big hand spell came off to me as kind of dumb, and his clone spell would've been great if there wasn't a childish popping sound effect to it. It really seemed to me that the character may have been underplayed, but based on these opinions it feels like it's probably not even worth watching.

So maybe I should just skip the series?
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Probably not worth your time.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I liked some of the sub plots, but if your time is limited, feel free to pass this one by.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”