Kyouryuuger 01 released

ZyuRanger without the Jews
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kyouryuuger 01 released

Post by Lunagel »

Gfawkes77 wrote:Overall I think I'll enjoy this show, I've enjoyed the last two in Gokaiger and Go-Busters. That being say I think the phrase Daigo says before the rollcall shouldn't be "you'll be surprised." I think its supposed to be "you'll be shocked." basically the phrase acting as a thinly hidden pun on Electricity.
It sounds nice in English, but the Japanese "odoroku" has nothing to do with electricity. When you get zapped, the Japanese word is "shokku". It's a bit of a stretch to include that pun, especially since aside from the ZyuDenChi, there's not really any emphasis on electricity at all in the show.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

zombierave wrote: I find the dancing henshin to be stupid. (only if they don't explain why they dance)
You know I found it interesting that we only saw King do the dance for the henshin, so I'm getting the feeling (though who knows what will happen in the next episode), that he just did that little dance out of like, excitement ya know? Like he was so pumped for battle he couldn't contain himself, thus likely leading to it just kinda spreading as more people are willing to deal with him and it just kind of sticks... Again that's just the feel I got from the episode.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
zombierave
Adventure
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Inga Blink

Post by zombierave »

Kogashi wrote:
zombierave wrote: I find the dancing henshin to be stupid. (only if they don't explain why they dance)
You know I found it interesting that we only saw King do the dance for the henshin, so I'm getting the feeling (though who knows what will happen in the next episode), that he just did that little dance out of like, excitement ya know? Like he was so pumped for battle he couldn't contain himself, thus likely leading to it just kinda spreading as more people are willing to deal with him and it just kind of sticks... Again that's just the feel I got from the episode.
the more i watch it, the less it bothers me. the actual dance itself feels like it it fits in with daigo's hot-blooded personality. but i don't think i'll get the same feeling when everyone else does it due to their personalities, especially green's.
DarkraiOfDoom
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: TensouSentaiGoseiger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pie
Quote: What is game night?
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkraiOfDoom »

oh boy.

oh boy

this season looks like it may end up being my favourite season yet!

time to look into fine details!

first: that 11th battery that was shown: weren't the bikes yellow? why do i get the feeling they end up being battary powered too? (why cant my motorbike run on batteries? =[)

second: why is there a gap created by said 11th battaries that seperates 10 and 12? surely they could have just put the 11th battaries in one thing, why are they seperated? we can already guess 6 would be whoever 6, but what about 7 through 10? are they other kyouryuuger's too? i mean, their batteries aren't there either.

third: so, we know red/blue/pink make the main mecha, from the looks of black/green's zyuden's they'll end up being attatchments for kyouryujin, and are gun/sword-esque weapons. *squints* why do i get they feeling they'll end up combining with pteradogon (no thats not a spoiler, its in the ending, not the promo for the next episode, still counts) in grand go-onger style? thats just the feel i get.

in other news, i don't... realllllllly agree with some of the translation choices, like "just try to stop me" seems like it should be "us" not "me", and i think i hear him count the ammount of members they have when he runs up to them, but that could just be my ears fooling me, but hey, who am i to say whats correct in moonspeak, i should just be happy for translations at all xD
List of KR/SS shows I've watched:

KR: All heisei era series bar Hibiki.

SS: Dekaranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyouryuuger and Akibaranger (unofficially).

Currently watching: KR Gaim and Tokkuger.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Gfawkes77 wrote:Overall I think I'll enjoy this show, I've enjoyed the last two in Gokaiger and Go-Busters. That being say I think the phrase Daigo says before the rollcall shouldn't be "you'll be surprised." I think its supposed to be "you'll be shocked." basically the phrase acting as a thinly hidden pun on Electricity.
That's rather clever. I wish I had thought of it!

>in other news, i don't... realllllllly agree with some of the translation choices, like "just try to stop me" seems like it should be "us" not "me"

I haven't really seen enough of it to know if that's Daigo's personal catchphrase or if that's meant for the whole group. The ZyuDenchi voice also says it during the super hero time segment after Wizard.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

I went with "Just try and stop me" because that's Daigo's all around catchphrase. He says it in the exact same phrasing in that exact same boastful way in the beginning of the episode like he does after the roll call. I also think that using "me" instead of "us" kinda shows off Daigo's boastful/brave personality, which I think is pretty important.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I thought "Just try to hold me back" would've been okay but, *shrugs*
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

all i can really say is it makes sense to an extent that daigo already knew the dance to transform since he did spend a month training though kyouryuu black feels like he's coming off as a bit feminine to me which is ironic since that's why they didn't want a male yellow. but at the same time, the go onger vibes i've been getting since seeing a preview materials has gotten even stronger now that i've seen the first episode though that's not exactly a bad thing since they're still different in ways. now then bring on engine number si... i mean zyuden number six so we can see green and black's mech too.

also kinda don't like the idea of a villain that represents happiness.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

I thought that was a really nice full episode. I've only watched Gokaiger and Go-Busters in full while Go-Onger was my first Sentai (and I stopped at episode 5 or something) so this statement does indicate my dislike for "light-hearted" sentai but I'll try to give this series a chance If not, I'm gonna catch up with some Kamen Rider Wizard and make that my first finished Kamen Rider Series

Daigo does seem to be like a cool guy. Hot-blooded but somewhat like Marvelous in terms of... well not cockiness but more "showy"? So far I'm not going to put my impressions on the other team-mates just yet until episode 4 since it seems they will have episodes based on them. But I'm suprised that Amy's actress just turned 16 in January... then again we had a kid in Dairanger...
Last edited by Lunagel on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary spoiler tag
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

Wait.... Amy is 16.....I feel as wrong now as I did before Youko turned 18.
ReconDye
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by ReconDye »

I noticed how the restaurant that they all meet in is called "Tiger Boy"..

Obvious Zyuranger reference?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

Nah the fact that their Dinos are being shouted before they transform is a MMPR reference.

Tiger Boy is a Gekiranger reference.
ReconDye
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by ReconDye »

Ahh, I was seeing it more as "Tiger Boi" and since the
logos were yellow, I was getting a Zyuranger vibe.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, Tiger "Boi" does make a lot of sense. Good catch. I also speculated on our wiki that Amy might be a reference to Pink Ranger's actress from Power Rangers. I wonder if there's any other Zyu/Power Rangers stuff like that.

And Ian's title is "Dan"gan no Yuusha. But that's really pushing it, so I doubt that.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, Tiger "Boi" does make a lot of sense. Good catch. I also speculated on our wiki that Amy might be a reference to Pink Ranger's actress from Power Rangers. I wonder if there's any other Zyu/Power Rangers stuff like that.

And Ian's title is "Dan"gan no Yuusha. But that's really pushing it, so I doubt that.
I thought it was Gangan, cause of the sounds guns make or something to those lines

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”