Why there's no KyoryuYellow

ZyuRanger without the Jews
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Re: Why there's no KyoryuYellow

Post by locuas »

TBustah! wrote:
locuas wrote:i see, thank you, now power rangers are gonna have to make blue/green/black a girl instead of the tradition of making the yellow into a girl...
Not necessarily.

PR has a history of "cross dressing" rangers, but there hasn't been on in a long time because there hasn't been a 4 guys, one gal Super Sentai team in a while. Gekiranger was the most recent, but they didn't make Chopper or Violet a girl in Jungle Fury.

The most recent "cross dresser" was over ten years ago, in Wild Force. I don't think they're suddenly going to revive the practice, especially not when male action figures sell better than female ones.

From what I read, I should reread the rules about spoiling because I don't know them at all
it was just a bad joke, sorry.
JT515
Infinity
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: mao ichimichi
Favorite Band: M.O.V.E

Post by JT515 »

Im not sure why but i guess i just dont see what the big deal is. ite not like the series is going to be bad because of a lack of yellow. from the look of of the suits it seems like that yellow would look tacky with the yellow on yellow. So i really dont see it being a problem and i seeing it as theres just no yellow this time around. Also for the people who are taking this seroiusly it is no diffrent as there wasnt a pink buster or a goki black or goesi green you get the point .

i guess im just tired of people making stuff like this bigger than what it really is just how like when gekiranger first came out and people were complaining there they had no belts like come on. to me i think the complaint is dumb and i usually see this type of responce from PR fans ( not all are like this but the majority i see are like this and if you have to respond with "its not me " or "its not all" then i know it applied to you because if you know it does not apply to you then you shouldnt have to respond because you would know that im talking about the majority and not just you).

im starting to see it more within the sentai community and that is something that i do not want to see because it kinda ruins the fun like its ok to state that there is no yellow but dont make a big huge deal out of something so minor and make it like the series is not going to be good. the people who will disagree with me what im saying apply's to them and to the peole who dont then they will at least somewhat agree with me but that what i think of this topic and other than that i cant wait till the episode comes out. :)
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

The problem is not that there is no yellow. the problem people has problem with is the reason they say they didn't do it. if they had said "since we decided to have a team of 4 males and 1 female, we decided to not include yellow since it has been associated with the girls, and we did not want viewers to get confused" then there would be no problem. some people would wonder about that logic, but not to this extent
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

People aren't complaining because there's no yellow. They're complaining because the reason they were given is so stupid. Frankly, if that guy hadn't said anything at all, that would have been better.
JT515
Infinity

Post by JT515 »

takenoko wrote:People aren't complaining because there's no yellow. They're complaining because the reason they were given is so stupid. Frankly, if that guy hadn't said anything at all, that would have been better.
I seen both complain for the reason and the fact there is no yellow and for the reason just think its dumb and move on. people dont have to take it literally to the point that its going to ruin the show and future series. so ive seen both and both things should not be taken literally just think its dumb and move on. If thats what they think for this series than it is what it is .
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

Thats Actually Really Reallh Stupid :/ ...It Gives You A Second Thought About Watching The Series
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

JT515 wrote:
takenoko wrote:People aren't complaining because there's no yellow. They're complaining because the reason they were given is so stupid. Frankly, if that guy hadn't said anything at all, that would have been better.
I seen both complain for the reason and the fact there is no yellow and for the reason just think its dumb and move on. people dont have to take it literally to the point that its going to ruin the show and future series. so ive seen both and both things should not be taken literally just think its dumb and move on. If thats what they think for this series than it is what it is .
I think you're overblowing the reaction. I don't think any of us are thinking that the lack of yellow would ruin the series, and instead, I believe that we're all just disappointed that the producer would use an excuse as lame as the one he gave for explaining why there isn't a yellow. It's more of a disappointment at a foot-in-mouth moment, although I'm not sure how the Japanese fan-base is reacting towards this. For example, people were annoyed about Power Rangers Samurai because, despite the theme being Samurai, there was only Asian cast member AND the casting call explicitly stated they were looking for a Caucasian to play Samurai Red, but this didn't deter fans from watching the series. No... it was definitely the poor writing along with other factors, but that's for another thread.
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

Don't tell me you're realizing now that Japanese are generally sexists? Basically, the simple fact there are boy or girl targeted shows is sexist! There actually are some strong female characters, of course, but remember Shinkenger and the fact that the super powerful artifact, even when given to a woman for her competence, ended up being used by a male character? Wasn't that a give away?

Japan has a lot of preconceived views on how people should behave according to their age, rank, and sex. So yes, it's all in all a sexist society among other things. It's a cultural thing, and it's way more serious there than in our western society that are also still sexist in many ways. Don't get me wrong, it's not a "West is better than East" argument.

Also, Japan often conveys a vision of foreigners that would be considered plain racism in our Western culture. If you disagree, look at the portrayal of Westerners in tokusatsu shows. Again, there is a great example of that in Shinkenger. Another Kyoryuger related example? OK, in the first episode, a scene takes place in Europe, we know it is so since it's written on screen. The characters speak English. Now, Europe is made of over 30 countries in which only 2 have English as a native language (UK and Ireland). So it was a 2 out of 30 chance that these characters in Europe would speak English, they would have most likely spoken Russian, French, German or Dutch. Besides that, no English-speaking European country has native speakers with an American accent so obvious. Of course, it's not an important detail, but it's like having a random Asian guy and assuming he speaks Mandarin. That's racist by westerner standards.

I'm just saying that a lot of Japanese cultural point of views raiser ethical issues. It doesn't make them less good at making action or anime shows (I personnally like Shinkenger very much, despite these points). But if you're gonna get startled everytime you face one said ethical issue, you should stop watching Japanese shows!
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

I think you misinterpreted my post because of a bad example. What I was trying to say is that there have been plenty of kick-ass male yellows, and to use an excuse like "oh, guys playing yellow will be perceived as being girly" is just a lame excuse.

As for those other issues, just because I make a point about it doesn't mean I'm trying to say "Oh no! Call the U.N.! We've got humanitarian issues!" Jeez man, no need to get so riled up.
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

JT515 wrote:im starting to see it more within the sentai community and that is something that i do not want to see because it kinda ruins the fun like its ok to state that there is no yellow but dont make a big huge deal out of something so minor and make it like the series is not going to be good. the people who will disagree with me what im saying apply's to them and to the peole who dont then they will at least somewhat agree with me but that what i think of this topic and other than that i cant wait till the episode comes out. :)
Unfortunately, there are a lot of narrow minded people, idiots and even the odd troll in the tokusatsu fandom. You wouldn't think that there would be, what with it teaching about justice and right from wrong, but at the end of the day it's just like most fandoms on the internet. The only fandom where the people seem to be mostly nice is the Sims. There don't seem to be many bad people there.

There are a lot of cultural differences with Japan, like whaling, but I genuinely think that Japan is trying to make the same movements towards equality for people that everyone else is making.
Of course it's going to be much harder over there, because they have a culture of everyone being the same. And they don't have political correctness.
Deka_Night

Post by Deka_Night »

I've read most of this thread but I didn't read the spoiler rules and now I got a 1 week ban.
Last edited by ReversedSentai on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spoiling
merlin 1
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: dragonlance movie
2nd Favorite Series: d & d series
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: i call power of brass dragon

Post by merlin 1 »

battle fever j , jakq , changeman have no yellow member
merlin 1 the master of the brass dragon magic
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Since I banned a second person for spoiling, I should probably remind people to stop spoiling future events in Kyou. I shouldn't have to but I guess you guys need the reminder.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Blackcondorguy wrote:Don't tell me you're realizing now that Japanese are generally sexists? Basically, the simple fact there are boy or girl targeted shows is sexist! There actually are some strong female characters, of course, but remember Shinkenger and the fact that the super powerful artifact, even when given to a woman for her competence, ended up being used by a male character? Wasn't that a give away?

Japan has a lot of preconceived views on how people should behave according to their age, rank, and sex. So yes, it's all in all a sexist society among other things. It's a cultural thing, and it's way more serious there than in our western society that are also still sexist in many ways. Don't get me wrong, it's not a "West is better than East" argument.

Also, Japan often conveys a vision of foreigners that would be considered plain racism in our Western culture. If you disagree, look at the portrayal of Westerners in tokusatsu shows. Again, there is a great example of that in Shinkenger. Another Kyoryuger related example? OK, in the first episode, a scene takes place in Europe, we know it is so since it's written on screen. The characters speak English. Now, Europe is made of over 30 countries in which only 2 have English as a native language (UK and Ireland). So it was a 2 out of 30 chance that these characters in Europe would speak English, they would have most likely spoken Russian, French, German or Dutch. Besides that, no English-speaking European country has native speakers with an American accent so obvious. Of course, it's not an important detail, but it's like having a random Asian guy and assuming he speaks Mandarin. That's racist by westerner standards.

I'm just saying that a lot of Japanese cultural point of views raiser ethical issues. It doesn't make them less good at making action or anime shows (I personnally like Shinkenger very much, despite these points). But if you're gonna get startled everytime you face one said ethical issue, you should stop watching Japanese shows!
yeah, i think you are being a little unfair. the age, rank and sex thing? i think that's something every single culture in the world has. for example. if i told you americans are a bunch of trigger happies that can have guns with no problem in their houses. who have an undying fans of football and baseball. need to have bats in the door every night in case someone try to steal their things. hispanic people can only work as servants, and the school has a caste system were the sport star can make the nerd's life hell with no consequences, you may feel a little insulted(unless you are not american, in which case you would act surprised), but that's the perception an outsider can have, regardless of their country of origin.

my point is, japan may be ignorant of some cultures, and may do some things that may look sexist or racist, but so is every single culture ever.

also, my little pony is a girls show. Ninja turtles is a boys show.
JT515
Infinity

Post by JT515 »

EndlessWaltz24 wrote:
I think you're overblowing the reaction. I don't think any of us are thinking that the lack of yellow would ruin the series, and instead, I believe that we're all just disappointed that the producer would use an excuse as lame as the one he gave for explaining why there isn't a yellow. It's more of a disappointment at a foot-in-mouth moment, although I'm not sure how the Japanese fan-base is reacting towards this. For example, people were annoyed about Power Rangers Samurai because, despite the theme being Samurai, there was only Asian cast member AND the casting call explicitly stated they were looking for a Caucasian to play Samurai Red, but this didn't deter fans from watching the series. No... it was definitely the poor writing along with other factors, but that's for another thread.
Im actually not overblowing it if this this disappointment has now become a trending topic not just on here but all over places to talk about toku but even on here if it was a little dissapointment it wouldnt be a main post on the website.

Also it seems you did not understand what i said in the post you quoted because if you did i basicly addressed your argument before you typed your responce . but for your convience i will explain it again but in more "simple terms" ready? i already addressed to the people who are complaining that there is no yellow in that they (may not be you but there are people out there) pretty much just have to get over it. As it seem that there are more people complaining about the responce of why there is no yellow (as this applys to you EndlessWaltz24 ) may seem dumb but you dont have to take it so literally just be like thats a dumb statement and move on if thats what they felt about this series on why theres no yellow then i hate to break it to you it is what it is.

Now is seems like you responded and started with im overblowing the reaction because it seem my post applied to you because if it didnt apply to you , you wouldnt have responded with that so i rest my case with that. also im tired of people complaining about dumb stuff and making it a deal breaker im just saying either just watch the show or dont and yes those people are going to watch the show anyway but if those people are going to watch the show then they need to look past the the minor problem because at the end of the day this is a minor problem with the producer making a minor dumb reason and a good amount of people making it seem its going to effect the series.
Tomos wrote:
Unfortunately, there are a lot of narrow minded people, idiots and even the odd troll in the tokusatsu fandom. You wouldn't think that there would be, what with it teaching about justice and right from wrong, but at the end of the day it's just like most fandoms on the internet. The only fandom where the people seem to be mostly nice is the Sims. There don't seem to be many bad people there.

There are a lot of cultural differences with Japan, like whaling, but I genuinely think that Japan is trying to make the same movements towards equality for people that everyone else is making.
Of course it's going to be much harder over there, because they have a culture of everyone being the same. And they don't have political correctness.
ya you are right about that. lol
Also it just seems to be like that everywere there is just tons of culture diffrences like how in the US lots of the more poplular music is rap and most of those lyrics consist of B**ches and H*es and people dont complain and if that were to be somewere else it would fly so theres just a matter of culteral diffrences. it seems that japan is not complaing about this because if they were than we would of seen an article already but it just seems that its just fans in the US because that would not fly here. but anyway this could go deeper with beliefs and stuff like that it just depends but for the sake of keeping it on this topic i will not go any further.
Last edited by JT515 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”