Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kyouryuuger 02 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_02

Oh sweet, reoccurring characters. Kinoshita is really keeping busy post-marriage. It's also that guy from Gokaiger 6. For some reason I really like Gentle. It's kind of nice to see a butler who's neither super handsome and Tendoulike nor super old and western. He sort of reminds me of Kaoru's Jii from Shinkenger. Maybe Gentle will have some comedic parts.

Oh man, Nobuharu is keeping secrets from his sister. Wait, he's taking care of his niece. What is this, Abaranger?

Haha, the combination is so stupid. Why does Gabutyra have to "eat" each of the subcomponent batteries first? That took so long to do. I'm glad KyouryuuJin isn't as ugly as the Abaranger mecha.

Amy's pretty great. I'm enjoying her a lot.

King is growing on me. I still think he's a bit annoying though, but he's doing a pretty decent job slowly rallying his sentai.

Also, Nobu's a dumb guy for breaking that statue so readily, just after his niece risked her life to protect it. ???
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Kyouryuuger 02 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Eh? You don't like Abaranger's AbarenOh? I actually prefer that over KyouryuuJin.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

They're both ugly dinosaur guys with a head or a tail for an arm.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote:They're both ugly dinosaur guys with a head or a tail for an arm.
I wonder how the Beast Wars fans will respond. :lol:

It was interesting to see how this year, the visuals in the show are toy accurate. The toy designers must have worked closely with the show's crew to achieve this.

The civilians seem awfully cool about Daigo walking around in public with a weapon strapped to his leg.

I've missed having personalized weapons for each team member. It is nice to see them make a return this year.

There is something so insane yet satisfying about KyouryuuRed throwing a ZyuDenchi into a volcano (that is possibly on the other side of the planet) to summon Gabutyra.

The pacing for this episode left me dazed. They crammed so many scenes into this episode that the only place to let it all sink in is during the commercial breaks. I really hope they slow down once the entire team is established.
zeta_gundam
Save the life

Post by zeta_gundam »

The thing I find really irritating is the transformation sequence for KyouryuuJin. It's so long, and really noisy. ><
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I'm starting to love the storytelling in this series. Not only do we see both Blue and Pink's reasons for why they don't want to be revealed as heroes we start to get a decent amount of back story. I really do hope we get more than a few episodes featuring their families. I also like how the end of the episode sort of teases the next one even without the Next Time bit.

The Transformation sequence is amazing and a welcome sight. The dance I can get used to.

The gattai isn't bad. Long and noisy, yes however it's not bad. The finishing attack however is unique... It seems like Red will be the one that finishes everything while being powered up by the others. He did it for both the MOTW's forms.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Great episode. Daigo still gets his fair share of screen time, but this was clearly Nobu and Amy’s chance to shine. I like what we saw of both of their personalities, how they interact with each other out of suit, and what motivates them to fight.

But who cares about Blue and Pink...little Rika is adorable and stole the episode. Nice to see Jasmine too, I guess. I’ll learn her new name eventually, but she’s been in so much toku the past three years that it’s easier just to think of the character name she held the longest than learn each new one. Between her and Nao Nagasawa, I don’t think they worry about casting female guests any more.

The monster growing sequence had my eye twitching a little bit at its sheer oddity, but I guess it’s not the most bizarre method sentai has used. It’s also nice to know that Luckyuro has a purpose other than to be Candelira’s lackey.

Speaking of our merrily skipping villainous duo, I noticed during close-up shots that there’s a zipper on the black covering over the bottom half of Candelira’s face. I wonder if her motto is “keep smiling” because if the zipper is closed and her smile is hidden she goes berserk.

Mecha is mecha. I found it a little visually jarring that the fighting moves the team was doing inside KyouryuuJin did not match in the slightest to how the monster was being attacked. If someone is kicking inside, the outside shouldn't be throwing a punch.

So, yeah, good episode. Green and Black weren’t around much, which looks to change next week for Green, but the action sequences they were in were pretty neat. Everyone has pretty distinctive fighting styles, and I’m looking forward to seeing more of that.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm not sure if anyone else pointed this out yet or not but Chaos is a twisted version of the Statue of Liberty. He's just missing the torch. I like Amy's character very much and Nobu is okay. KyouryuuJin's combining I like since it wasn't CGI but the henshin music during the combining I wasn't a fun of. I don't mind it for when Daigo and others transform but for this, it was annoying. Looks like it's the return of backdrops for everything. I'm so sad now.
zeta_gundam
Save the life

Post by zeta_gundam »

Phoenix512 wrote:I'm not sure if anyone else pointed this out yet or not but Chaos is a twisted version of the Statue of Liberty.
I pointed this out in one of our QC threads I believe, though it was just a hunch at that point in time and I only noticed the Liberty motif when I read about it at a Japanese wiki...
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

The robot formation is Dricera literally eating Gabutyra’s ass to become an arm?
Oh Japan. The only place in the world where we can have dinosaurs vomiting into each other’s mouths and a triceratops giving a tyrannosaurus a rimjob, and all of this in a kids show.

I like the villains all representing a different emotion. Kind of reminds me of the old theater mask thing. Also Candelilla looks like a box of Valentine’s Day candy.
So Aigaron’s monsters make people sad to put energy in the thing to revive the big bad and Dogold’s presumably make people angry to do the same. Okay.
So when it’s Candelilla’s turn, is she going to make monsters who go around… menacingly cheering people up? That sounds kind of interesting, actually, but how do you get fight scenes out of that? Is one out of every three Kyoryuger episodes going to be about our heroes hunting down and murdering a harmless children’s entertainer?

I love the idea of them trying to keep their identities secret from each other. I kind of wish they’d have went longer on it for the WHOLE team, because it opens up some interesting storylines.

All in all, I REALLY dig it. Unlike Go-Busters, which was more serious and actually took me a few episodes to get into, this one has me enthralled from the start. The silly atmosphere, the brighter colors, the samba dancing henshin… it just FEELS good to watch, you know? I’m thinking it’s gonna be one of my favorites.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Candelira episodes are probably ones where her monsters would help greedy people and making them happy instead of making the average person happy. It's seems weird that there are three gauges of energies instead of one giant one. I wonder what's the purpose of that.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Maybe there are three different forms of the big bad?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So, the main robot is a three part combiner? I can only imagine what clusterfucks await us.

Also, considering abarenoh did it, and better, its kind of a cop out.
Cthulhu
Infinity
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Go over time and space

Post by Cthulhu »

Still can't get used to the narrator yelling in Portuguese ... now i know how the English speakers felt with Gobuster

Also as a Brazilian i can say this freely , samba just doesn't match the gatai scene

I am glad they started giving some more screen time to the others and the battle scene is way better but ... you just doesn't hit someone in the groin with a dinosaur head
Blaze Dragon
Infinity
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: W/Fourze
Favorite Band: TETRA-FANG
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Dejimanz

Post by Blaze Dragon »

Ugh, this episode. After a great first episode, this was just bad. The pacing was AWFUL, and that basically ruined the whole thing for me.

Nobu and Amy are great characters, definitely a nice sight. This was their episode to shine, their entrance. It's handled...really poorly. Everything is just rushed hard, which makes it absolutely unbelievable. There's no point to a flaw if you introduce it to discard it five minutes later, so the whole "keeping a secret identity from Rika/Gentle" is completely pointless.

I would say they should've given Blue and Pink separate episodes, but they could've done this in a single one. You know why they couldn't?

Because of the ridiculous amount of stock footage. I might've gotten unaccustomed to it thanks to Go-busters beautifully cutting down on it, but holy shit this episode was a bunch of stock footage with a few original scenes in. Not only was the Rider-style transformation we saw in the previous episode completely thrown aside for yet another stock footage one, but also the weapon summoning, the constant battery scenes (which also showed in the previous episode and were just as boring there), and oh my god. I need a paragraph for this alone.

That combination. That fucking combination. Not only was it stupidly long, and holy shit was it stupidly long, but it was boring beyond belief. The BGM was awful and unfitting, the kind of thing I expect in a YouTube Poop. The whole battery exchange thing was useless, and the ridiculous attention to detail just made it unneccesarily long.

And then the battle. I admit, I'm a sucker for mobile mecha. I loved Ace in the previous series, and found everything else a disappointment. GekiTouja is probably one of, if not my flat out favourite mecha in the whole of Sentai. And as such, as much as I hated the combination scene and will probably skip it from now on...I like Kyoryujin. HOWEVER, that Kyoryu Brave Finish attack was boring as hell. Part of me really hoped that Gabutyra would just spit his battery. That would've been funny at least.

And...err...what more...oh yeah, the weapons! Boring. I really like the armoured arms, but the weaponry itself looked pathetic. Amy's Dricera Lance was not a lance at all, Daigo's Gabutyra Fang looked more like a puppet than a weapon, and the Ganretsu Punch should've been a physical attack, just like it was weaponless in the previous episode. Nobu's shield is...a shield. The best out of the three because of how low my expectations for a shield are.

Hopefully the next few episodes will be better, but this one was an absolute failure for me, because it had a lot of potential. Potential it proceeded to waste to show us HOW COOL THE FUCKING TOYS ARE OMG GO BUY. Toei, there's better ways, seriously. I've been watching your 30-minute commercials for years now, so I know you can do better.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlazeDragonEternal My Youtube channel. Has whatever I've uploaded that I know Toei won't delete and close my account with!

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”