Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kyouryuuger 02 released

Post by takenoko »

>Edit: I really should make a game out of figuring out if Koichi Sakamoto was the director for any given episode. Watching it again I noticed the wirework; looking up the director, and yep, it's Koichi. Everything's better with wires

Oh, I play that game. I usually wait for flying bikes. But yeah, otherwise I watch out for people hanging in the air too long. I mean, I like wirework fine, it's just that it usually lasts a split second too long, and I get irritated that gravity hasn't kicked in again.
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

Thus begins the first clip/movie I will be making of the series' mecha. I use editing software to capture and make clips of every debut of every mecha combination. With 26 mecha in this series the final product may be longer than five minutes. I just hope that there's an ultrazord combo down the line. Yes I like my zords to become one great big mech at the end. I'm old-fashioned that way.
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Sefiros »

has anyone else noticed that the mech's head is smaller when the helmet goes on and twice as big when the mecha does it's little dance a second later?
haarek82
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by haarek82 »

After two episodes im beginning to fall for this show! Just as with Gokaigers this is a fun lighthearted action series, Go-buster was cool but lacked the fun and pure entertainment value. Cool to see personal weapons again and King is just awesome! :-)
PolarPhantom
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
My boom: It changes so often.
Quote: It's time for Toku!

Post by PolarPhantom »

Clearly dinosaurs can resist gravity because they have brave or something.

Evil watering cans.
Best show ever.

Edit: Wire Fu rarely bothers me in Toku. I subscribe to the Linkaran view that they're superheroes anyway.
Blazordra
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Dreamy: Yumeria Moegi
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Here's to us (Drink)
Here's to those like us (Drink)
Dang few (Drink)
And there all dead (Drink)

Post by Blazordra »

I waited for the second ep to comment.

I think the only bad thing about this series is the mecca, but this is something we need to adjust to for the foreseeable future. from my understanding, the Takara
guys are designing the super robots now and that is why there so gimmick driven. It will take time for them to realize that this is a bad thing. We saw it with Transformers, now it's in Sentai. While they've learned with one, It will take time with the other. That said, they made that choice to avoid things like G 12 formation, so I am still hopeful.

As for the rest.....

OH THANK GOD! :P :P :P :P

I love the plot and thinking they put into this one! Also is it just me, or is this meant to be an akin to the brave series that were around in the late 80's early 90's. I have to ask because the enemy's scream Gaogaigar to me! also the constant "Brave" being stated a lot. I know Sentai did that with Jetman so I was just looking for confirmation.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

After a pretty negative impression from the first episode, I'll start with some positives:

- I like that they can't use all their attacks all the time. That battery running out thing is a nice change, it feels quite game-like actually.
- It's nice, if there has to be only one female character, to have her be strong and rough despite looking prim and proper. The same with GokaiYellow, it's fairly progressive for Sentai to have female characters that aren't excited for sweets and love and other stereotypical girly things.
- I appreciated that the mecha transformation used practical effects rather than be CG, I love practical effects! It just looks much more cool.

Saying that, i was disappointed that:

- they immediately turned about on the keeping their identities a secret thing. It was the only thing I haven't seen story-wise before, and was looking forward to seeing where that was going to go.
- I think they missed a trick by having Blue be a brother and uncle, how great would it be if he was a husband and father! I'd really like to see that. Also his niece thinks of him as her real father? Knowing her Mum is his sister?
- I guess I'm most disappointed at what I said about last weeks episode, that it feels like Sentai-by-numbers after the attempt last season to refresh and reboot all the Sentai tropes.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
zombierave
Adventure
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Inga Blink

Post by zombierave »

this series'll take some time to get used to for me assuming I even continue watching it. So I've gotten used to the dancing henshin itself but I guess this shows that they won't explain the point of the dance. When Daigo did it, I figured it was because he got excited and just wanted to do something that stereotypical cool heroes do. He wasn't instructed that that was how he was supposed to henshin. But here Blue and Pink both dance to henshin and given their personalities/situation, it doesn't really seem like they'd be the type to do something just cause it looks cool. If they show Green doing the dance henshin next week....I don't even...

Also starting to find Pink's "Wow!" to be annoying like it's the only thing she says when she fights. And Dricera is pretty ridiculous looking with it...going backwards...to drill things.

Kyouryujin is pretty ugly. In fact, I have the urge to buy the toy just to throw it whenever I think about it. Though I did like the gattai itself even if it was unnecessarily long.

so yeah, I guess I'll wait for the sentai to really come together before I really make any decision to keep watching this. I mean, for something that visually looks exciting and is easy to get into the mood...it's actually kinda boring to me.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Sefiros wrote:Yes I like my zords to become one great big mech at the end. I'm old-fashioned that way.
I'm not entirely sure something like Samurai Haoh is old-fashioned. ^^;
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

harpdevil wrote:After a pretty negative impression from the first episode, I'll start with some positives:

- It's nice, if there has to be only one female character, to have her be strong and rough despite looking prim and proper. The same with GokaiYellow, it's fairly progressive for Sentai to have female characters that aren't excited for sweets and love and other stereotypical girly things.

Nah, they're just drawing circles around that.

Let alone that over the top statement about not having a male yellow because of the very same stereotype that could counter any level of progress shown look at the whole picture:
Gokai Yellow had Gokai Pink as a counter and the latter was as stereotypical as they come.
The difference is that in Gokaiger they were simply following the team-of-five rule while in this one the message is very blunt:
Pink is a girl, but she's not the typical girl. Because the typical girl is weak.

This Sentai seems exclusively aimed at kids this time, with silly moves, plenty of colours, dancing, screaming, etc.
I'm fairly sure that any little kid would find this more exciting that GB and that's what they were going.
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Sefiros »

I grew up with Mighty Morphin and the original Ultrazord. That's the old school source.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Oh ok, that's not as bad then.
qedins
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Riisa Naka
Favorite Band: L'arc en Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: "Where's our eccentric?"
"I'm right here!"
"No. I mean sempai."
"Oh."

Post by qedins »

To be honest, i feel little joy from this show, at least from this 2 episode alone
Granted, that might have something to do with never seeing any sentai show that is so 'colorful'
and over the top like this (Shinkenger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Busters, Gokaiger, Dairanger),
but this show is too much, like they don't care about logic at all (yeah, of course you can throw batteries
with bare hands across the globe like that, it doesn't weird at all)

I miss Go-Busters already. Hope it'll get better
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Sefiros wrote:has anyone else noticed that the mech's head is smaller when the helmet goes on and twice as big when the mecha does it's little dance a second later?
You're right. The head on the model is rather small, whereas on the suit it's appropriately sized (a real head has to fit in the head, after all).
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

So, in this episode, Eiji-kun becomes friends with Abared and Batman...
Now that i have taken that bad joke out of my system, i'm gonna talk about the episode.

again, i love how they are handling the characters. none is a jerk, and they have good reasons to not reveal their identities. in both ways. I'm not looking forward to have a little kid as a recurring character, but at least she has a purpose as a daughter figure to blue instead of just being there(i'm looking at you, goseiger).
i don't know why, i really like the cat boy...thing...he amuses me...

But let's go to my big complain...the ending...king. You...are an idiot. The guy told you that his sister did not like the kyouryuugers and that he did not want her to suspect he was blue. and even if he hadn't tell you, do you really think a REAL dinosaur is really a good idea? didn't you think parents would be worried about the idea of having their childrens near a giant carnivorous animal? not to mention that and expo needs more than ONE dinosaur. you did not fix the problem, you just called your companion because you were LAZY. and why is NO ONE bothered by the fact that a GIANT ROBOT is near the museum? shouldn't there be like a million cameras around the place now that they have a chance to record gabutyra without having to worry about the monsters attacking? i'm sorry, i can't get over this. i feel they handled things so well until this point that i can't get over it!

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”