ZyuRanger without the Jews
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Kyouryuuger 03 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_03

Decent episode even if the pacing was all over the place, at times. That said, Junichi Haruta made up for a lot and I hope we get to see more of him.

What's a "Deinosaur"?
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Re: Kyouryuuger 03 released

Post by butyoumight »

I loved this episode, but I am already biased towards loving Souji so that's probably got something to do with it.

Souji's mom had better show up in a future episode, I am just saying. The plot potential is too much to go to waste, I think.

I love how the mecha are sentient but don't speak. They remind me of giant puppies (especially the way Zakutor comes running when Souji enters the bamboo forest. So cute!).
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

Hmm good episode although I think it happened twice, Pink going "wow"... I hope that doesn't become too overused because it'll end up being like this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koXPRj1LOmk
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Hopefully Nobu is just being ironic with his clothes. The fashion trend of wearing overalls using only one shoulder strap died out in the nineties for a reason.

Once again, the dramatic story moments have jarring tonal shifts. One moment Souji's dad is telling them to get out. The next moment he is gushing about his strained relationship with Souji.

It looks like Green is once again going to have an pretty unorthodox fighting style. The twist is that it is based around swordfighting.

I'm not sure if I can get used to Dricera being swapped out for Zakutor but having Pink remain inside the control room. Having Pink there feels a little redundant since only 3 ZyuDenRyuu are used.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Another solid episode. I’m really enjoying how each episode continues to build on the relationships from earlier episodes as well as interactions that happened off screen. Case in point - I really liked that Amy and Souji have a passing familiarity from seeing each other in the restaurant during that month period when Daigo and Gabutyra were playing tag. It gives more context to why Souji was so willing to jump into the fray in the episode one encounter between Ian and Amy.

The willingness of Souji's dad to leave the fight to Red was hilarious - you expect someone who’s been so strict to that point in the episode to be stubborn and insist on staying to fight. To be honest, based on the wording from the episode preview, I expected the dad to run into Souji when he went to transform behind that corner and disapprove of Souji fighting as a Kyouryuuger, but I’m glad they waited until after the dad approved of his new technique to reveal his alter-ego.

Minor Thoughts:
-I can’t help but think of Simba every time I look at Dogold.
-Souji is so reasonable, like accepting that he never said the duel with Red was limited to swords
-Oh, Nobu’s puns. It’s no wonder everyone’s calling him (N)ossan.
-I love all of Green’s sword techniques, but especially the throw from behind the back.
-I notice that Green (and Black, it looks like) finish the gun-dance a little differently than Red-Blue-Pink; they bring their legs together, while the other three keep them spread apart.
-It’s interesting that pretty much everyone on the team has significant experience with English. Amy’s half-American, Ian has used English as much if not more than Amy in the episodes so far and spent at least some time in Europe, Daigo has traveled all over the world, including at least New Zealand so presumably understands English, and Souji was reading a (pretty complex looking) book in English in the first episode. Nobu is the only one that hasn’t demonstrated some English competency so far.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Ah, I enjoy reading your posts Phurricane, they always tickle thoughts in my brain that I didn't know I had.

Also, mac, it's not dinosaur. The bikes are based on a dinosaur called Deinonychus.

The guest for this week is Haruta Junichi. I guess I've seen him in a ton of toku shit, but never realized who he was before:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Haruta_Junichi
He was Hirose's dad in Blade, the bad guy in Kamen Rider Eternal, plus in some Sentai stuff.

I also liked Souji's dad just basically turning around and leaving it to Red. It's unexpected, but it really makes a lot of sense. I guess both father and son share a sense of practicality that they won't admit to. (He was fighting with a wood sword after all!)

And while I'm thinking about it, Souji's dad is named Genryuu, which sort of means "founder of the way" or "founder of the school". A little on the nose, but that's how the language is sometimes.

I like how Souji's technique involves circles. It really reminds me of one of my favorite episodes of JustiRisers because of it.

I'll have to watch the way green and black dance, I didn't notice that they're different. But it makes sense. Since we're basically using the Go-Onger formula, their Green and Black also were slightly different from the core three.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote:Also, mac, it's not dinosaur. The bikes are based on a dinosaur called Deinonychus.
I see; I was mostly joking with the dinosaur quip but, nice to know it's not dumb Engrish.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

PHurricane wrote: -It’s interesting that pretty much everyone on the team has significant experience with English. Amy’s half-American, Ian has used English as much if not more than Amy in the episodes so far and spent at least some time in Europe, Daigo has traveled all over the world, including at least New Zealand so presumably understands English, and Souji was reading a (pretty complex looking) book in English in the first episode. Nobu is the only one that hasn’t demonstrated some English competency so far.
I remember getting an international vibe early on from the team as well.

You know this is a work of fiction if the kitchen staff called in sick. Most people that work in restaurants work even if they are sick because they can't afford to take time off.

Ian's date seems really weird. She just gazes longingly into his eyes, devoid of personality. She must be a Twilight fan.

So far, we have never seen the actual creation of a Debo Monster from the pile of junk that Luckyuro collected. I guess there isn't any time for that since there is a lot of exposition to get out of the way.

Debo Rouyarouya's capture method reminds me of the flying guillotine.

I didn't realize the DeinoChaser was actually two ZyuDenRyuu kissing until I looked at it again.

Every time Pink does her roll call pose, I imagine her saying something along the lines of "I'm glad I remembered to shave my armpits today". The dark sleeves of the suits always draw my eyes toward that area.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I still want to know why Amy works in a restaurant. She's obviously got loads of money, seeing as she has a butler and that freaking huuuuge house. It really makes no logical sense.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Green is definitely my favourite.

I wonder what is going to happen with future combinations for the robot. Kind of funny to have a three man man combination when the main team is five.
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

They really like that circle sword attack don't they? I feel like I've seen it a bunch of times now. Also, considering that pink did get "subbed out", I wonder why she got to stay in the mech-space? I hope that they continue with these character expansions, and don't leave them as one-off episodes.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Man, I'm getting a lot of Wataru (Seto Kouji) vibes from Souji. Not so much characteristic-wise, but definitely looks.

Wataru/Seto Kouji

Souji/Shiono Akihisa
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

So the black guy's last to get a backstory, huh?

http://i.imgur.com/O5gveoC.png
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

To the back of the bus, black guy!
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Lunagel wrote:I still want to know why Amy works in a restaurant. She's obviously got loads of money, seeing as she has a butler and that freaking huuuuge house. It really makes no logical sense.
I gotta disagree, there are some people who just like to work for the heck of it even if they are rich.

I once saw on the news that this guy who won the power ball lottery of $100,000,000. And what did he say? He said he would still keep working his old job. Some people just dont wanna sit on their riches, some still wanna work regardless how wealthy they are, and I commend that. Besides she probably owns the resturaunt herself.

But I digress. Anyways this episode was pretty good.

Not much to comment on I've noticed from this season.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”