2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Kyouryuuger 04 released

Post by Kuchiri »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_04

We finally have an official Sentai in just four episodes. AkibaRed is now crying pain is strength in the corner.

So it appears that KyouryuJin works like OOOs where depending on what mecha it combines with it changes the name and the theme.

Anyone else surprised with how serious this episode got... I mean we watched someone die. Then Ian and King talked about how they want to die.

I also love how they are beginning to set up for the big rivalry between Black and Aigallon. I said this in the last topic. I don't mind how fast they are going with these early episodes. It feels like they want to get all the pre-story out of the way so we can have an epic story for the rest of the year.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Kyouryuuger 04 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

They sure like to mention that they're a sentai. I don't think I've ever seen another series where they constantly bring up that before.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

While watching this episode, I got the feeling that the writer really wanted to work on Wizard instead of sentai. You have a Debo monster trying to figure out what would make people sad to lose...seemed a lot like trying to figure out what would cause people to despair. The most blatant exchange of dialogue referencing that was followed up by the team coming in on motorcycles. And then you have Ian’s backstory that he was conducting research on ancient civilizations. I was expecting to find out that his partner was Nitou, not a forehead-less Gunpei.

All joking aside, this episode felt a little weaker than the previous three. I think it’s due in part to Ian’s backstory being pretty simple to resolve - despite his bluster he needs to regain his confidence, so he gets an opportunity to shoot and not miss this time against the monster that killed his partner...or so he thinks. That was a nice twist at the end, and hints that we may get additional plot development on both the villain and hero side over that jewel. Plus maybe more Gunpei-filled flashbacks to Europe. (Poor guy - I had trouble recognizing him with his forehead covered. His voice hasn’t changed a bit, though.)

Although, I’m confused about one thing...are there lots of Debo monsters from the past, or are they all being created in the modern day after the Ice Age guy from episode one? Because Luckyuro gathers materials to create monsters in episode two, but this episode’s monster got the mantle in front of the castle where Ian was over a month ago.

Other points:
-The opening scene was a nice world-building moment between the team members. It makes sense for Daigo to take turns helping the other team members. Assuming that other people are students at Souji’s doji, it’s probably only a matter of time before he tries to help teach there.
-I’m loving Nossan’s puns. The moment where he’s horrified by Souji picking up on the nickname was pretty funny too.
-I really like that needing time to have the ZyuDenchi recharge gives them a very valid reason for civilian fights. This group seems athletic enough to make the fights impressive.
-The scene transitions were really rough this episodes. From Tokyo Dome to rural warehouse to the explosion field (for the roll call when they’re “on the roof”), and they were treated as if they were all part of the same location. I know I’m analyzing this as an adult, but a little less pressure on suspension of disbelief would be nice.
-Aw, Ian came with his holster already on. No wonder Daigo knew he had decided to join the team.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Although, I’m confused about one thing...are there lots of Debo monsters from the past, or are they all being created in the modern day after the Ice Age guy from episode one?

Doesn't it take Daigo like 2 months to beat Gabutyra. There's some passage of time going on that might not be obvious to the viewer.

-I really like that needing time to have the ZyuDenchi recharge gives them a very valid reason for civilian fights. This group seems athletic enough to make the fights impressive.

Finally, an actual reason for them to fight without their powers

I like their combined weapon attack, but does that mean we're not going to see the ZyuDenRyuu that they get that power from?

Their mecha usage is pretty funky. It's like they forgot to show them jumping into the mecha or something. It's fine if they were piloting them in the first place, but in this case, it would have been nice to see them enter the giant robot that's formed. They go from "Robot's formed" to "Oh, they're already in the cockpit" with no transition inbetween.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat

Post by Kuchiri »

The Debo monster in this episode was just created. If you notice you hear them say 'Why did he get picked again!' and Luckyroo asking when they will have their first turn.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

They're talking about Aigallon being picked again. That's different from the monster being created in this episode.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat

Post by Kuchiri »

I thought it was the same. The three generals put their emotions into a statue and Deboss creates a monster of their wishes. So far....

Ice Age was mentioned to be around since Prehistoric times.

Aigallon got the Smash dude.
Angry Guy got the Cage dude.
Then Aigallon got the thief.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Then who's the dude that killed treasure hunter Gunpei? He can't be created in this episode if he's already active a year ago.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

GUNPEI WHAT DID YOU DO WITH YOUR HAIR?! You look like you stole Sousuke's hair dye :/

Also, Green has the most awkward roll call pose ever. Even worse than GokaiGreen. Just try to recreate this pose without dislocating something, I dare you.

zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Lunagel wrote:Also, Green has the most awkward roll call pose ever. Even worse than GokaiGreen. Just try to recreate this pose without dislocating something, I dare you.
I can do that.
Yaiba wrote:Then who's the dude that killed treasure hunter Gunpei? He can't be created in this episode if he's already active a year ago.
Aigallon? We did see Aigallon passing the mantle to the MOTW, and he also has the jewel that the pair were looking for.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah, if you listen to that scene, you can hear Aigallon crying.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What? I think you guys are misreading Yaiba's question. Aigallon didn't kill Gunpei, that was his subordinate.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

They never actually show the face of Gunpei's killer in the flashback, and if you listen close, it's pretty clearly Aigallon's voice there. Coupled with the fact that he still has the jewel and it was his mantle to begin with, it seems to me like we've still got some revenge to be taken.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I think they are right. Rewatching it I can hear the crying sound, and the "gap" in the mantle shows something blue (like Aigallon's body) rather than the MOTW's golden plate. This would fit the timeline of Aigallon giving the MOTW his mantle and him possessing the jewel

It was the same "octopus attack" that confused me. Maybe that's an attack of the mantle and not the user, or maybe that's just done deliberately to confuse.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, so it's not the same guy? That just went over my head then.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”