Re: Kyouryuuger 12 released

Post by Lunagel »

いざ尋常に
(Iza jinjou ni)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Is it me or has the action been really well done in the last few episodes? More so than the previous 6th ranger introductions, even. Of course this means someone is probably blowing the budget and they'll have to go cheap to make up for it at some point, but I'm enjoying it thus far.

In any case, I second what everyone else is saying about the audio mix. The samba and Gold's transformation jingle just do not mix; they're so dissimilar in style and in BPM that it's a painful mix. The samba's in a pain in the viewer's ass for 12 episodes now - not unlike King and his gun :lol: - so they badly need to cut down on using it.

Also, Black badly needs to snipe that little green bastard. He won't, of course, but it would be nice to mix things up by pegging Luckyuro before he can use that can.

Finally, the classroom cutaway. I'd go "oh you crazy Japanese", but she's 16. So instead a *facepalm* is in order. :|

Edit: And just as a heads up, there's a very minor error on the subs. 11:36 in, "Die four time, die five times"; four needs to be plural of course
WoodBetweenWorlds
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger, Kiva
Favorite Band: Relient K
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Big Hero 6
Quote: "So, physics! Physics, eh? Physics! Phyyyysics! I hope you're all getting this down!" - The Doctor

Post by WoodBetweenWorlds »

That henshin sequence would have been perfect if not for all the overlapping music and sound effects. Oh well, the action scene just after made up for it; that was just too epic for words. I also really liked the camera pan during the role call (I notice weird details like that).

Also, the song playing during the mecha fight had a rocking percussing section. Does anyone know what song it is?
Check out my Tumblr where I review shows that I watch and talk about other random nonsense!

http://codenamewaffle.tumblr.com/
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote:Edit: And just as a heads up, there's a very minor error on the subs. 11:36 in, "Die four time, die five times"; four needs to be plural of course
Thanks for mentioning, it'll be fixed for 1080
WoodBetweenWorlds wrote:Also, the song playing during the mecha fight had a rocking percussing section. Does anyone know what song it is?
KyouryuuGold! Iza!!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

so...dogold's plan is to make kids into raging berserker beasts.........in other words...teenagers...
no matter how angry they are, those swords should be too heavy for them.
WoodBetweenWorlds
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger, Kiva
Favorite Band: Relient K
My boom: Big Hero 6
Quote: "So, physics! Physics, eh? Physics! Phyyyysics! I hope you're all getting this down!" - The Doctor

Post by WoodBetweenWorlds »

Lunagel wrote:KyouryuuGold! Iza!!
Thanks Luna! You're the best! :3
Check out my Tumblr where I review shows that I watch and talk about other random nonsense!

http://codenamewaffle.tumblr.com/
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

takenoko wrote:It's interesting that they use the term Boy's Day since we live in a PC world and apparently girls are important too (I don't remember the last time I heard it referred to anything but Children's Day)
I don't know a lot about japanese holidays, but maybe they have a boy's day AND a girl's day? i don't know.
ALso, something i wanted to mention.
King: Sentai members cannot not be underlings!
*Cut to Shinken Blue crying in a corner*

And mecha kicking the enemy trough a mountain...nice.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

There's Hina Matsuri (Doll's Festival) which is also referred to as Girl's Day. Children's Day is just an old name for Boy's Day.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Funny each time that robot does a kick attack I remember this and have a little nostalgia.
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

I agree with what most of you guys said about the 6 person henshin. Ucchi's dance actually looks pretty cool to me, and the Samba looks pretty fun, but I really wish they'd thought of the music for both beforehand so it was at least something that wasn't... painful :p
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I've been holding off on this till the time was right, namely when gold fully teamed up with the rest, so now is the perfect time.

Ucchiiiii KITAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

locuas wrote:no matter how angry they are, those swords should be too heavy for them.
How heavy do you think a sword is? A katana is probably only about four pounds at most. I think a ten-year-old can swing a 4lbs stick around, don't you?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

dancercotillion wrote:
locuas wrote:no matter how angry they are, those swords should be too heavy for them.
How heavy do you think a sword is? A katana is probably only about four pounds at most. I think a ten-year-old can swing a 4lbs stick around, don't you?
okay, i admit i have never hold a real sword. so i may be wrong. maybe the metal confused me.
kamenriderotaku
7X
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: GOOOOOOOKAIGER!
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shu
Favorite Band: Weird Al
My boom: Making KR Suits
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by kamenriderotaku »

Plus a katana is genreally made for the user to use, the cutting edge is typically from wrist to armpit of the user. the handle is one and a half of their palm. the folding methods used genrerally packs alot of steel into a thin profile so it has strength and weight for the edge.

And the fight transformation has confirmed something for my headcannon for this series. The changers for the sentai translates the kinetic energy from the dancing and action into power for the transformation and adds a charge to the Zyudenchi like an alternator for a car battery. The power they have displayed definitly goes up when they move more after spinning the chamber [or closing the mouth for Gold's changer] than the few times they have done a running change.

TL;DR DANCING IS POWER DE GOZARU!!!

also my final review for this episode was stated best by Uuchii. "Perfect de gozaru."

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”