ZyuRanger without the Jews
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuuger 18 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_18

Yeah, pretty obvious weakness there. Let's add one more trope to the board.

I really liked how Dogold was trying to make Ucchii angry. Glad to see the writers haven't thrown away that particular plot point. It also makes me wonder if maybe we'll get another possession later on in the series. Maybe of King, that'd be pretty interesting.

Identity of hippie dude was pretty obvious if you closely looked at his face. Even under all that hair, he's still got a pretty damn distinct facial structure.

...I'm not really sure I want to watch next week's episode. Yes, it's an Ucchii episode, which is awesome but that monster freaks me the hell out.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kyouryuuger 18 Released

Post by takenoko »

Kind of predictable, but fun nonetheless. I like how Ramirez is just hanging out by the waterfall to give off one line commentary.

Kyouryuujin seems really mobile this week. Nice kicks!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I really enjoy this episode. Although predictable, I like the way the story is presented. It really shows that Daigo has gone though a journey of self discovery (his illusions are unable to hurt him later on), instead of just having the power forced out of him during peril

It could have gone down the other formula of "Daigo goes sulking in a hole, the team goes to battle and lost, Daigo realizes what's most important and hurry to the scene, and brings out his new power when desperately trying the save the team"

That would have less of an impact on Daigo's growth, I think

And Ucchii is mighty cool this episode, stopping Torin from telling the team then went to fight alone, and laughing in the face of Dogold.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I really like Kyouryuujin Kung-Fu especially the introduction with the clones of it in the background doing the same thing. I really love the "Bring it on!" gesture and didn't realize that Kyouryuujin actually has a hand instead of the hand being whatever weapon attachment.

Ramirez is great as always.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I was hoping Grey would smack around some paramonsters with Bruce Lee/Meteor sounds to boot. Oh well.

I liked the end. Ramirez has his own team now. That was the best part of the episode for me.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Lunagel wrote:Identity of hippie dude was pretty obvious if you closely looked at his face.
Yeah...it was this guy, right? Thom Bombadil?
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

:D ... I almost spilled my juice after seeing that band-aid on Tessai's bald head. ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

The thing that really stuck out to me was Tessai's last words when he said "Pluedon will return soon." I'm curious as to whether or not he's related to the movie or not since we know there'll be a red and blue one in it.

As far as the episode goes, it was cool watching Uuchi laugh at Dogold as he tried to make him angry enough to repossess him. Though it seemed like a bit of a topic change for Daigo to go from having no weakness to needing to find something he's afraid of, but then again I may have just misinterpreted what they meant by weakness and they could have meant weakness as in kryptonite instead of weakness like the lack of strength.

Glad to see though that Uuchi getting captured had nothing to do with him doing a bad job as leader for them like the preview made it look.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... It's always weird to see Kyouryuujin's hands, I keep forgetting he has them. Like, he always has arms obviously but I thought it was that in place of the hands were the weapon, thingies. Still, nice fun little use of CG for Kyouryuujin Kung-fu... so how likely is it we won't be seeing much of it ><

Next Week
Spoiler
... Kill it... Kill it with fire... My god.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

No, Pluedon is the other "Since when was that a Sentai color?"
Spoiler
And just happens to be played by the narrator, whose name I can't remember to spell to save my life, even with looking it up.

Anyway, I'm betting the suit actor was glad he didn't have to do those moves for Kyoryujin Kung-Fu.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

Sorry for the OFF TOPIC but It's really bugging me now:

What's up with Vitamin C and girls falling in love?

I'm referring to the CM of course and this is the second or third one I've seen so far about Vitamin C products using young girls in such a situation.
WTF?
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

I couldn't tell the hippie. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Dear King: You're in the wrong show to do a rider kick. You want Kamen Rider Wizard next door.:lol:

And BoukenSilver is a lot balder than I remember...
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

So I guess life after Boukenger has made BoukenSilver lose his hair and become a Monk or something. I can dig that career change. In all serious, this was a nice episode. Was interesting to see how Uchii would do as a leader and I thought he didn't do a bad job. Getting captured wasn't as bad as it seemed because it worked out in the end. Daigo's self-discovery was pretty cool too. Thought he was going to fight against the illusions but it's all good.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Wasn't Takaoka a monk to begin with? He had a monk staff and robes didn't he?

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”