ZyuRanger without the Jews
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuuger 21 released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_21

Man this was a fun episode. We start out with SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE and then there's the three Zetsumates who reminded me wayyyyy too much of that Dairanger Trio, but they were a bit less ridiculous. Turning Nossan into a ball was just priceless. Poor Nossan.

Ian got turned down flat. Too bad Daigo's a Dinosexual or else Yayoi might have a chance.

The Doctor's got an interesting suffix there, too bad he didn't try it out on Ucchii. Actually no, I'm rather glad of that because I think my fingers might have spasmed if I had to write Uchiicchi. Kinda sounds like a tropical disease.

I will admit, that was a pretty damned cool transformation sequence. And then came the throwing out of the back and this is exactly how jollyoldsaint would act if he were a sentai member, wouldn't he?

If you were following along with the Official Kyouryuuger Drinking Game (TM), you should have taken 5 shots (one for every one of Amy's "wow!"s, 1 drink of choice (for every time Ian says "Oh my!" and a sake bomb for Nossan's very unfunny pun.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Kyouryuuger 21 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Nossanball!! XD I guess it makes the most sense for Nossan to be the ball, since he's the toughest of them all.

Wait, did they really show Hyougakki freezing up the humans? That's rare, no? To show humans 'dying' onscreen that is. Also, the Zetsumates actually had a plan to stop the Kyouryuugers from using their ZyuDenchi? That's actually a pretty smart plan, considering that the Kyouryuugers depend so heavily on the ZyuDenchi.

Wow, that was a pretty badass transformation... So over-the-top, yet awesome at the same time.

Oh, Tessai-ken again!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Doctor's dance was great.

Oh, so that's who that voice is. Crazy. It seems kind of weird to introduce the narrator as a character on the show at this point.

Might want to watch yourself, Ian. Yayoi's actress is 15. Speaking of which, it seems like kind of a strange addition to the series, assuming she'll be a regular? I wonder what part she'll play in the future.

Anyway, fun series is fun.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

This episode is just awesome

- Turning Nossan into a ball against his will
- The Doctor doing his own voice when henshin, cool henshin, breaking the fourth wall roll call, and then breaking his back
- Nossan naming everything he do - "Nobuharu Scapegoat" lol
- A rocket ZyuuDenRyuu that has an actual hanger and a launching sequence, how awesome is that
- Oh and of course, Doctor is freaking awesome
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

takenoko wrote:Might want to watch yourself, Ian. Yayoi's actress is 15.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent Check the one for Japan : it's 14. Enough said.

Funny eps. I didn't even thought they would make Zetsumates funny. I guess it has to do with the apparition of the narrator. First Go-Buster and now Kyouryuugers. It seems that they like adding the one that's doing the voice for some of their items.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

It would be great if Violet passed his power unto Yayoi. That way we'd have two girls. :D
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

BEST EPISODE YET!!!!!!

Among the various awesome things you have mentioned already, my favorite was interrupting the roll call. THEY STOPPED THE ROLL CALL!!!!
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

takenoko wrote: Might want to watch yourself, Ian. Yayoi's actress is 15. Speaking of which, it seems like kind of a strange addition to the series, assuming she'll be a regular? I wonder what part she'll play in the future.
i heard an interesting theory that says that she may take her grandfather's position as kyoryuviolet now that he is retiring.
the mecha is so awesome that i needs it's own secret hangar.
this makes me wonder where did ucchi's weapons came from? did they hire soe sort of genius blacksmith to forge them? because that would be cool.

I love doc's comment about faking his defeat "of course i'm okay, only a loser would be defeated just by falling to the water"

wonder if the doctor hanged around with the kamen rider club while he was working on the moon.

i'm sure that ball attack is a reference to an old series, but i'm not sure if goranger, battle fever or sun vulcan.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Shigeru Chiba has some pretty good live action acting history, and I remember reading somewhere stage acting as well. Not surprised he makes an appearance. I do wish he would have screamed 'Space Time' or something similar.

Also I reckon this episode gives off a major Sun Vulcan vibe. Absolutely hilarious.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Awesome episode! Loved how the evil trio did the sentai intro but when the heroes try do to theirs they got interrupted xD. The enemies really love to troll the heroes in this show just like Luckyuro doing the henshin times sometimes and the heroes also trolling Luckyuro on the episode 20 with the "unlucky" XD.

Violet is a really cool character and I'm glad that he is not just another spirit.
Final Vent!
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

WAIT, interrupting the roll call is allowed?! LOL hilarious, action packed episode which is pretty much all you can ask for with Kyoryuuger. I just love this series :D
kamen rider scorch
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Wizard
Favorite Band: Soilwork

Post by kamen rider scorch »

i'm sure that ball attack is a reference to an old series, but i'm not sure if goranger, battle fever or sun vulcan.
I think it's a reference to Kakuranger, if only because it mirrors the Kakuranger Ball attack near perfectly.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Kaku did use a ball attack (and even had a plot of a MotW stealing the technique idea and using it against them)* but, the main idea started with Goranger.

*Also amusingly, Debo Nagareboushi is voiced by Ninjaman.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Today I learned the teeth on your chest turn gold when you die.

Thanks, Dentist Sentai Kyouryuuger!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

They interrupted the roll call! That's practically blasphemy! :lol:

This episode is as far out there as Plezuon. I don't really know what to say about a dinosaur that flies in space other than that it's a far less grounded concept than for the other dinosaurs we've seen thus far. On the one hand it makes the episode just a bit more awesome, and on the other hand the wackiness it lends itself to needlessly interrupts the moment of awesomeness that was going on with Violet's introduction.

Has any Sentai series done something like this only 21 episodes in?

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”