ZyuRanger without the Jews
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuuger 24 released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_24

Aaaand relegated to guest member status. It's not exactly "seventh member" if she doesn't actually stay with the group!

Okay, would it really have been so bad to have her henshin in glasses? I think she actually looks better in them. She could totally be the first glasses sentai member, make this a thing Toei. (Cue someone in the comments informing me of a glasses-wearing sentai member that has totally slipped my mind)

"Shall we dance?" made me snort my sandwich through my nose.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Kyouryuu 24 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

Seems pretty cool fights.

So Yayoi is not a seventh member of Kyouryuuger?

Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

(Contains preview talk)

Spoiler
I really hope we get at least a few episodes of the only villains being Happy girl, water boy and the mystery guy. Would make this show very interesting.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Awww, come back Yayoi. Why do you need to leave to make a second lab base?!

I was wondering this during the fight, Ucchii had all this unique stuff. Yet Yayoi seemed like a regular Kyouryuuger minus the bonus armed on stuff.

I guess I'm also confused by how tall she is. Her actress is 167 cm, pretty tall for a Japanese girl. Daigo is 183 and Ucchii is 182 though, so they're super tall. Daigo is so goofy, it's hard to imagine that he's a 6 foot tall guy.

I agree that it is silly to see Yayoi take her glasses off during the transformation

I'm also confused by the flashback sequence. Just how long has Doctor been protecting the Earth from Deboss? And did the dress grow with Yayoi?!

Nice transformation Amy. Ah, Boukenger...

Whoa, random otaku room. Weird! I hope we see that dude again, just randomly. That anime he's watching sure looks cheap though.

Aigallon getting pissed off since he can't cry anymore was kind of funny. Wait, is he dead?

I like how similar yet more graceful Yayoi's pose is compared to her grandfather's.

I love how dense King and Amy are. It can be a little frustrating when obvious things to the viewer aren't obvious to the characters, but Daigo is always so on top of everything. It's nice to see him dense in other areas.

Because some of you will skip the ending:
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kyouryuuger 24 released

Post by Yaiba »

The Hurricangers dancing. That's really the best part for me
takenoko wrote:I'm also confused by the flashback sequence. Just how long has Doctor been protecting the Earth from Deboss?
The Deboss army has been around since the dino ages, just some period more active than others. That's why Torin is continuously recruiting new warriors. The Doctor had probably been fighting for a long time until he went off to space, then Torin recruited the current five
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

For once, real life eating up all my free time ended up being a blessing in disguise, because it meant that I got to watch the entire Violet arc in one weekend instead of over four weeks. (And I can't remember the last time sentai had an arc that long that didn't involve the finale.)

Both Violets are really interesting characters. Dr. Ulshade is hilarious. I loved the way they worked in his voice-over work into the storyline. Yayoi is interesting because she's so different from her grandfather...and pretty much everyone else on the team. She's not instinctively brave, but with enough of a push she's capable of standing toe-to-toe with Deboss. I really got a kick out of Amy ordering Yayoi to save herself from the monster. It reminds me of how Daigo argued back in episode 9 that Kyouryuugers didn't need anyone else to rescue them from danger.
takenoko wrote:Just how long has Doctor been protecting the Earth from Deboss? And did the dress grow with Yayoi?!
Her outfit being the same is pretty funny, but it's starting to bug me that I can't find out how old she's supposed to be (the character, not the actress). Based on honorifics, I'm guessing older than Souji but younger than Ian. That's still a pretty big range.

Anyway, it was a fun arc. I'm not surprised that both Violets are saying goodbye for now, but at least it's guaranteed that at least one will be back. It makes perfect sense that they would be needed to rebuild the lab and train Yayoi to get up to the same skill level as the existing team.

Parting thought about the episode - do you think Ian's "Shall we dance?" was as funny to the Japanese audience as it was to the English-speaking audience? That was his best English line all season.

About the Hurricanegers - pretty cool to see them doing the ending dance. I remember early casting rumors that Nao Nagasawa was going to be involved with Kyouryuuger in some capacity, but it makes me wonder if people saw her around Toei for V-cinema related work and just assumed she was there for the new series.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Does male Violet also have the skirt? For some reason, I expected her change to Violet to use the same suit actor as the male version. I'm glad they picked someone with an obviously more appropriate frame for that (even though that meant making a different sized suit)

I imagine Yayoi and Amy are probably pretty close in age. Amy's probably a freshman in college, so I'm imagining Yayoi is just out of high school at least. I mean, we have Amy's official character age as being 18. Maybe they'll release a number for Yayoi later on.

In high school I saw the Japanese movie Shall we Dance and liked it quite a bit. I didn't really find it that funny, but it might have been because people mentioned it in chat so I already knew the joke was in there somewhere.

It seems like Nao's been in everything except Kyouryuugers this year.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I must be the only one who is disturbed by the mullet helmet that Violet has. It bothered me less when the good Doctor had it but with Yayoi, it's just disturbing to me. I think Amy has the dense thing that some female characters get that they see love around other people but when comes to her own love life, she's super dense about it. Daigo has the general being dense about love.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

To the picture up front, I bring you this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEvMsMEvSLo
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Lunagel wrote:It's not exactly "seventh member" if she doesn't actually stay with the group!
Hasn't the show already been over this? No one would believe a story which has multiple girls acting tough on a regular basis! I mean, really, one's pushing it. But with such threatening adversaries, they can't have the men-children taking care of skirts all the time.
Ginhoshi
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto, Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Decade, OOO
Dreamy: Jasmine Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Maria
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ranger Keys
Quote: Obaachan gaitteita. Otoko ga yatte wa ikenai kotoga futatsu aru. Onanoko wo nakaseru kototo, tabemono wo somatsu ni suru kotoda.

Post by Ginhoshi »

So if you become a kyoryuuger your body automatically dances. So why where there episodes where they didn't do the henshin dance?
swb90
Go Go!

Post by swb90 »

Wait....Yayoi isn't a regular....that's so sad I'm shedding tears!!!!
She's actually really cute both with and without her glasses. Wonder if she will show up in other toku series.
Taken quite a liking to the actress >.>

I find it weird though, why the additional members have no Armed gear. Still can't quite get used to the Explosive Snapping Combination....it just looks....really odd >.>
DarkSwordsman
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by DarkSwordsman »

Lunagel wrote: Okay, would it really have been so bad to have her henshin in glasses? I think she actually looks better in them. She could totally be the first glasses sentai member, make this a thing Toei. (Cue someone in the comments informing me of a glasses-wearing sentai member that has totally slipped my mind)
I believe that the Doctor himself wear glasses didn't he? And another glasses wearing sentai; what about Raita/Yellow Owl from Jetman.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm not actually a big fan of Yayoi. I mean, compared to Kyoru Chiba, she is kind of rubbish. Unless she comes back incredibly hot blooded, then its a no sell for me.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

As to be expected from a Riku Sanjo's writing, eventhough Yayoi is the main focus this time, they didn't forget the plot about Ian's constant hitting on her..... For a moment, I forgot that Ian supposed to be the playboy type, guess now he's just Gai Yuki-wannabe.

Nossan, your gag are lame that even a cold monster feels cold upon hearing them. :lol:

Oh good, now Amy isn't alone among the sausage fest in the show, at least for 1 episode. Guess Sakamoto really sees the flaw in the show, but can't hold the change for long......... :(

Ah well, let's just hope Yayoi returns at least once more. Hopefully at the finale....

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”