ZyuRanger without the Jews
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuuger 25 released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_25

I am so glad there was not a lot of yawning this episode or else I would have probably fallen asleep. Ucchii was a scream, every line he did was pure gold.

In case you're wondering about Nossan's pun this time -
owari (the end), owari (old name for Aichi Prefecture, where Nagoya is)

There's an old saying 「伊勢は津で持つ津は伊勢で持つ尾張名古屋は城で持つ」 "Ise is supported by the harbor, the harbor is supported by Ise, Owari Nagoya is supported by castles." A basic interpretation is that Ise has a harbor, so many pilgrims can come to the temples. Because many people come to the temples, the harbor prospers. Nagoya has many castles, so people come to see them. Broadly speaking, it's a complaint by the people of the time that the castle dwellers weren't contributing to the overall prosperity of the area, but in context of this episode, Nossan's just talking nonsense cause he's so tired.

tl;dr Nossan be trippin
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: Kyouryuuger 25 released

Post by Slowking »

A bit surprised to see Aigallon return - sure, he and Ian haven't squared off one on one yet, but remember that Aigallon's sadness' emotion was the only one which Deboss received to the maximum in ep 22. So it will be interesting to see what the role of his missions will be from now on.

That aside, this was a fun Souji episode which we needed for a while now. We finally get to see more of Zakutor in action too, and not in a Western combo.

The Kyouryuuger are all still making me laugh, and the scene in the spirit base where they try to stay awake was bliss. Nossan is the funniest of course.

3 robots fighting the enemy simultaneously was great. For some reason it reminded me of the various Go-Onger robos fighting together.
Behold the Emperor!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Looks like the Souji episodes are mostly focused on him and his not girlfriend. It's alright though, since he's pretty amusing. He seems fairly underused overall, so I'm glad to see him get some air time.

I guess denseness runs in this group. It's pretty great.

Pretty ironic that Luckyuro's plan to annoy the Kyouryuugers seems like one of the most successful from the Deboss Army thus far.

I wonder why they thought splitting up and trying to stay awake would be a good plan. Have one person sleep as bait then have the others drive them out and beat them up when that happens.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The speedy henshin, rollcall the enemy's reaction is the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while. I fell of the chair laughing :lol:
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

How weird is it that Torin’s first line this episode is to say Plezuon’s second lab is almost done, and then it’s completed 3/4 into the episode? The Doctor and Yayoi just left at the end of last episode to start building it.

This episode had some really fun wacky moments. Ucchii’s entrance during the first fight is hilarious. The fact that everyone decides to try and wake him up by punching and slapping him is even worse. A close second is the Three Stooges-esque scene involving Daigo, Ian and Ucchii. And “exceeding swiftness” is a bit of an understatement. I love that Kyouryuuger isn’t afraid to tweak their roll calls depending on what’s going on in the episode.

The ending had me cackling. "This pattern again" was exactly what I was thinking. I’ve really enjoyed all the episodes where Souji (and Luckyuro, for that matter) have gotten extra focus.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

It's great to see the creative uses for weird ZyuDenchi like Ovirappoo.

Katsuyama's wake up remedy was awfully thick and viscous to be called a "drink". It reminds me more of rice porridge than a beverage.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The Kyou dance is even affecting the characters from Wizard (watch the OP).

It was weird that Luckyrou was mostly using girl bodies during the dream sequences until Ucchii and Amy's dreams had Luckyrou in male bodies which they would be Daigo's body since Ucchii's master looks like Daigo. The very fast pace of the final fight was great that even Luckyrou had to got "WTF?!! That breaks every rule ever!" Rin's drink is more of something you put into a blender and it fail to blend very well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Souji doesn't get much focus. I guess its because there isn't really much to him, but its good to see him do something.
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

I love the lightheartedness of this series, but at the same time the serious undertones.

Did anyone else get really excited seeing KyoryuViolet in the preview for the next ep?
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

That drink looked like it was a very thick cream of broccoli soup...

Anyway, this was a fun episode. I like how they kind of acknowledged Daigo and Amy's (for lack of a better word) relationship by having Daigo dream of her. And hey it's good to see how Souji's as oblivious to love as ever.

Preview
Spoiler
WTF's with Daigo's helmet?
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Last week we got the Hurricanegers, this week we got Wizard cast? Nice. what about next week? Gavan cast??? :lol: :lol: :lol: just a joke

Ucchii's entrance is a surprise for me. For a moment, I thought he and Amy is the only one still good. But after that it was hilarious.

Oh my, Ian got the most horrifying not enough sleep face. And of all Jyudenchi, I thought Ovirappoo is the most useless one, but they had established that its the most useful in various situation.

Oh Souji, keep making her mad. Then her older brother will Rider Kick you too.
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

Lunagel wrote:Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_25

I am so glad there was not a lot of yawning this episode or else I would have probably fallen asleep. Ucchii was a scream, every line he did was pure gold.

In case you're wondering about Nossan's pun this time -
owari (the end), owari (old name for Aichi Prefecture, where Nagoya is)

There's an old saying 「伊勢は津で持つ津は伊勢で持つ尾張名古屋は城で持つ」 "Ise is supported by the harbor, the harbor is supported by Ise, Owari Nagoya is supported by castles." A basic interpretation is that Ise has a harbor, so many pilgrims can come to the temples. Because many people come to the temples, the harbor prospers. Nagoya has many castles, so people come to see them. Broadly speaking, it's a complaint by the people of the time that the castle dwellers weren't contributing to the overall prosperity of the area, but in context of this episode, Nossan's just talking nonsense cause he's so tired.

tl;dr Nossan be trippin
Quite an interesting reference. Also, it's good to know there are folks out there who like Uchii^^ Couple of my friends aren't to crazy about him; I have NO idea why either ; ; I think he's great!
CaptainTalon448
Adventure

Post by CaptainTalon448 »

I feel the need to ask. So we know that Amy lives in a mansion, Souji for more less probably lives at his dad's dojo, King maybe lives in a tent, and Nossan lives with his sister and niece. Where in the world do Ucchi and Ian live it's been bugging me the entire season especially during the time when Ian, Ucchi, and King were slapping each other with the giant fan-like thing.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

My Media Player Classic is hiccuping on this one; the audio starts during the splash and then is way off synch with the actual episode. Anyone else have this problem? (I downloaded the 1080 HD version, which I've never had issues with before.)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Problem on our end. Looks like we'll need to recall and reencode that one.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”