ZyuRanger without the Jews
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Kyouryuuger the Movie - Gaburincho of Music released

Post by Kogashi »

Aaah Sentai movies, always an excuse to go hog wild with your budgets for a bit, though the first fight with Zyuden 0 got a bit... cluttered what with it being in a city and so many large CG dino-robots were flying around. Still, as cheesy as it looked I liked the CG fight between the two mechs at the end, I'm just that kinda nerd at times.

Not, too sure if anyone else brought up this point... But in the museum video... So everyone's standing in front of the moving T-rex status, all of them calling attention to it but uh... Did Souji's actor really mess up and think it was a raptor or did they actually film that in front of a different, very similar looking moving dino model, or was everyone else wrong in thinking it was suppose to be a T-rex and he was right saying it was a raptor? ... Yea I know it's not important and maybe we'll never know but it caught my attention.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I thought it was a small t-rex, but phurricane thought it was a raptor. So I don't know what to believe.
Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Avatar by me.

Post by Dax »

Raptor is a very generic term for a slew of different dinosaurs ranging in size from a couple of feet (60 centimetres) to 20 feet and above (6 metres).

If raptor is used a shortened version of Velociraptor, then it's about the smaller ones, 6.8ft long and 1.6 ft high (2 metres in length and 0.5 metres high).

Reminder, the "Raptors" we see in Jurrassic Park were actually Deinonychus when you compare their size.
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
gumbyx84
Favorite series: Go-Onger
Favorite Actor?: Mikoto Amano

Post by gumbyx84 »

Noticed an issue with ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger Movie HD v2. There is a spacing issue with the subtitles at 25:36. Not sure if this is were I'm supposed to post this but I thought it would be the best place.
Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:Possibly my favorite part was the SpinoDai-Oh Snapping Combination; the tune DeathRyuuger played was ALMOST (but not quite) the tune of DragonRanger's ZyuSouKen, which for me automatically made the rest of the movie awesome.
Was just about to say that myself. It was a nice touch.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's weird, I wonder what happened there
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Movie was too short. I felt like everything seemed so rush and I missed a lot of keypoints. By the time I was trying to catch up with everything, I realized the movie was going to end. The action was pretty cool though. Koichi Sakamoto has got that part of his work down well. Let's not forget the eye candy provided from the females here too since the Kyouryuuger team is one big sausage fest. Lol...I did chuckle seeing some of the Kamen Rider Wizard crew doing the dance in the end too.
silver arrow
Gao
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: All of them :3
Favorite Band: The Black Mages
My boom: One Piece

Post by silver arrow »

Dax wrote:Raptor is a very generic term for a slew of different dinosaurs ranging in size from a couple of feet (60 centimetres) to 20 feet and above (6 metres).

If raptor is used a shortened version of Velociraptor, then it's about the smaller ones, 6.8ft long and 1.6 ft high (2 metres in length and 0.5 metres high).

Reminder, the "Raptors" we see in Jurrassic Park were actually Deinonychus when you compare their size.
Deinonychus are still velociraptors as they are in the velociraptorinae subfamily, even though they aren't in the velociraptor genus. In the same sense that Pumas and house cats are both felines, even though only house cats are in the felis genus, or how gorillas are still hominids, even though they aren't in the hominini genus like chimps and humans. The generic "raptor" term can really refer to any dinosaur in the Dromaeosauridae family.
Henshin a go go baby!
-Joe
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

None of this answers if the moving statue was actually a T-Rex or Raptor. WHO WAS RIGHT? KING OR SOUJI?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
silver arrow
Gao
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: All of them :3
Favorite Band: The Black Mages
My boom: One Piece

Post by silver arrow »

Souji. That's definitely a raptor. Though there's also a moving T-Rex near the entrance as seen in the movie. It's probably the biggest attraction at the museum as far as moving dinosaurs go, so King and Ian may have just been referring to that.
Henshin a go go baby!
-Joe
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

There's no way that tiny thing with the beefy arms is a tyrannosaur. T.rex couldn't win an arm wrassle if its life depended on it.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

The movie was nothing more than an extra episode with the length it has, but as such, it's still entertaining.

If Toei was to leave in the cut material, they could have had at least maybe 40 minute movie, which is nearly two episodes worth of time. Sad that they couldn't.

But the Museum footage was pretty funny. Seeing the actors out of character was interesting and I was really kind of hoping that Torin was there to give his insight on how he liked it.

As for the animatronic dinosaur, tiny-Rex or Raptor, still nice. I think I'll go with Souji and say it's a raptor just because he looked down *which is out of screen for us* so it probably has a plate that has Raptor there for pedestrians.

Fun little show, liked how Haruto and his crew showed up to dance. With that, onto ToQger.
Viresse
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Kyouryuu/Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-On/Blade Den-O
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
My boom: SS & KR
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Viresse »

I liked the movie for what it was but also thought (as everyone else has stated) that it felt really rushed. The Dino Soul song was great.

For those curious, the animatronic dino is a Fukuiraptor. Here's Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum's page on Fuikuiraptors but this site was more useful in naming the animatronic. :)
SS - Watched: Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Gokai, Go-Bus, Kyoryu, ToQ, Akiba 1&2... Watching: Go-On (42), Ninnin (20)
KR - Watched: Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim... Watching: Kiva (37), Drive (37)

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”