ZyuRanger without the Jews
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuuger 26 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_26

First off, I am so disappointed with how Yayoi was treated this episode. She shows up and she even transforms, but she doesn't land a single punch on anyone, she just moons after Daigo and is treated as a glorified child wrangler. There's even a part where Ian is fighting Aigallon and Yayoi is just like "DURRRRR DAIGO-SAN". Not cool, especially after we've seen she's a really competent fighter. And it's just adding insult to injury when she doesn't even show up in Plezuon even though it's her own mecha and she wasn't doing anything in the meantime.

Then there's that weird subplot with Ian being all mopey over Shirou but gets over it after exchanging literally 6 lines of dialogue with Amy. I'd say it's anticlimatic but that particular subplot appeared and resolved itself so quickly I think I got whiplash.

Ucchii got ONE line of dialogue this episode that wasn't only one word or an attack name. Why does an episode with so little Daigo have so little of the other characters talking?

On the bright side, Endolf is clearly a badass and hiding much more up his sleeve then he's letting on. I think he'll be an interesting commander to watch.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: Kyouryuuger 26 Released

Post by Slowking »

Hello MegaBlue.

I actually really enjoyed Ian acting as the temprorary leader. He does have the skills to deserve the role of second-in-command/temporary leader. I particularly enjoyed his plan to use two consecutive finishers on giant Endolf.

I do agree though that while the conversation with Amy started exceptionally well, it ended too quickly. Nice to see the Shirou storyline being brought up though.

So now they will be trying to amplify anger, joy and sadness by combining them with resentment. I kind of like this idea; it would have otherwise been a bit boring if for Deboss to appear again they just needed to carry more of their earlier plans.

Dogold vs. Endolf... I think this will turn out to be very interesting. Endolf also seems to know what's wrong with Aigallon. Speaking of which, I enjoy that Aigallon is serving the story in another way.

Ucchii could have said more but his Gurumonite/Allomerus attack was brilliant.

Daigo, what's happened to you?! Jeez Yayoi, you transformed and I thought that was great, but next time, please fight!

A fun episode. New villain introduced, Daigo goes... Gabutyras and yet this is an Ian ep. This is how you focus on a character and advance the story at the same time!
Behold the Emperor!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

How large is the base that Torin can't hear the "private" conversation between Daigo and Ian about him?

Why would Yayoi take her glasses off during the test? That doesn't make sense considering the function of her glasses. "Thanks for coming back and transforming Yayoi! You're on Daigo babysitting duty!" What? Amy's getting put on that duty too?

Endolf is clearly scheming stuff, which is cool. I like how he's manipulating everyone else. Voiced by MegaBlue too!

I had forgotten that Ian had a hangup with comrades, so it's sorta nice to see him have some self-doubts. I never really thought of him as being second-in-command to Daigo, but if they say so, I guess.
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by jonty »

It's really quite unfortunate that Yayoi is being squandered as a character.

To be honest, Amy is relatively interesting, but even she's pretty one-dimensional (even as Sentai characters go). It pretty much starts and ends with "she's rich, but a tomboy!"

Not that the other characters are that much more fleshed out. Ian probably comes the closest with the contrast between his outer swagger and inner insecurities, but even that's arguably an archetype.

Souji is kind of the typical over-serious young gun. Daigo is the super-positive and great-at-everything-without-really-trying Red. Let's not even get into Nossan.

Actually, now that I'm running through the characters, Ucchi might be the most interesting. He's got the that super-nice personality that's not exactly breaking character development ground, but having that paired with a man-out-of-time warrior type is somewhat novel. I guess I just like kind-hearted slightly goofy characters.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't know. I initially thought Daigo was just a stereotypical red, who gets through all problems with will-power and determination, or whatever. But Daigo's done a few unconventional clever things that has impressed me in the past.

In general, I really like all the characters but Nossan.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The frenetic pacing seems like a return to the early episodes. It seems the writers don't want a drawn out setup for major story arcs or kids will lose interest.

A lot of interesting bits and pieces were mentioned but you can easily miss them if you blink. Torin seems to be an enigma since he has a long history fighting the Deboss Army. Chaos knows not to trust Endolf despite creating him. When the Kyouryuugers dodged Endolf's attack, I wasn't expecting to see the buildings in the background get destroyed.

The team-up between Endolf and Candelira will be interesting. The plan will probably revolve around some kind of jealousy. One person is happy while the other person harbors resentment.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

That growling/biting helmet effect was freaky/cool.

Very kind of Daigo to remind the audience of the dangling plot threads from before the Violet arc.

Neat new commander. The first time I watched the episode, I thought Endolf was going to be boosting the other commanders' powers based on Aigallon's altered voice and appearance. On rewatch, however, from the dialogue it sounded like Aigallon's berserker mode is a side effect of trying to bottle up his tears and/or his failed suicide attack. There's still lots of potential with Endolf, so it should be interesting to see which direction(s) they go with him. As a minor note, I really liked that they had Endolf draw his sword against Souji and Ucchii, the swordsmen of the team.

I don't mind that Yayoi was stuck on Daigo-duty. Given that she had a hand in creating the new battery, it was a reasonable assumption that she might be more useful observing, corralling, and tracking Daigo down than fighting a new commander that already overwhelmed the entire (more experienced) team. The only thing about her treatment this episode that bugged me was that she didn't join the team in piloting Plezuon - she merely called it remotely for everyone else to use. It raises the question of why they need a partner for Plezuon if everyone else can use it.

What come the closest to annoying me was the hand-wringing by Ian over whether he should take charge while Daigo was MIA. Was it supposed to be a surprise to the audience that Ian is effectively the second-in-command? Aside from Tessai appointing Ucchii as leader while Daigo was temporarily off the team, Ian has pretty consistently been the next to step up and take charge - or as Nossan put it, serve as Daigo's right hand man when Daigo is present. I suppose it boils down to a case of unofficially performing a role vs. officially being bestowed responsibility. Reminds me of how the Goseigers decided to choose a leader about 2/3 of the way through the series.

Good episode. Kind of a shame that it'll be two weeks before this arc is resolved.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

This episode was an interesting one. Lets start with Endolf. The line about being created to resent the kyoryugers doesnt make sense to me. He also has a bit of a sarcastic attitude in my mind. As for Daigo going Dino Mode...should be interesting to see how its resolved. I do agree with the comments regarding Yayoi being misused. While she got a transformation, it ended up being wasted to go look for Daigo.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

(You guys may shoot me for this so go ahead and have your Gabrevolvers on standby, lol)

I hate playing comparatives so bear with me, but having Yayoi as a "reservist" is no different than Dekamaster (aka; Doggie Kruger), though I have to agree with Lunagel in the fact that she was rather underused in this episode.

Speaking of which it wasn't too bad of an episode, in favor of Endolf ( *gremlin voice* hello, Megablue XD), who A: looks awesome as hell! and B: his voice and his fighting!! Him and Dogold look like typical ogres which I like though they're infighting was kinda neat too.

Also, for some strange reason after the +1 Battery overcharged and Daigo started going the way of the primitives it did creep me out a little when his helmet "moved on its own." Very strange ; ;.
Liac0s
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: I love Koike Yui aka Ahim De Famille aka Gokai Pink!

Post by Liac0s »

Well, I agree with all of you... What made me go LOL was one of the clips in the ending... Did that couple do the Kyoryu dancing after they got married???
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

It's no surprise that Ian is 2nd in command, but when you saw Ucchi first join you'd have thought he would be 2nd in command. As much as Ucchi is a skilled fighter, he's too shy/nice to lead anybody. Ian is definitely more of a strategist in combat than the others (due to him being a long distance fighter), and knows how to use the various ZyuDenchi in ways we wouldn't expect. Ian was pretty much a badass this episode and I loved how he led the roll call + his strategy in fighting Endolf. I wonder how many more episodes he'll be in charge of, I'd say at most 2 more, probably just the next one.

MEGABLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with previous thoughts about Yayoi.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Did Endorf just pull an Inoue self maim gag? Classic.

Also, I'm glad we got to hear that song that played during Kyoru Chibas transformation again. It's badass.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

For some reasons, I get a Mayu feeling each time I saw Yayoi since she's KyouryuuViolet. Must be the voice and the fact that they're both female warrior that appear almost 10 eps after the 2nd Rider/6th Ranger, and that both actress have almost the same age.

I thought they would have put the preview for the next eps, even with the Super Hero Taisen in between, since they're already streamed on they're websites. But I guess it was too much for them with the other preview. (Just to be clear, I'm not talking about TVN's staff but about Toei or TV-Asahi, whoever is taking care of that).

Again, the Wizard/Kyouryuu joint dance. Maybe they're thinking of making more crossover between Sentai and Rider. I can't say no to that.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Mandalori wrote:Again, the Wizard/Kyouryuu joint dance. Maybe they're thinking of making more crossover between Sentai and Rider. I can't say no to that.
I heard that they're going to make the Super Sentai x Kamen Rider crossover an annual thing.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So why is TV-Asahi airing SHT next week, anyhow? I get the theme aspect, but I don't recall them ever skipping a week of the serials like this. Typically we only get interrupted for sports and New Years.
Liac0s wrote:Well, I agree with all of you... What made me go LOL was one of the clips in the ending... Did that couple do the Kyoryu dancing after they got married???
Yes, that's exactly what it looks like. :lol:

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”