ZyuRanger without the Jews
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuuger 28 Released

Post by Lunagel »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_28

Aww, you mean Daigo taking his shirt off isn't going to be a weekly thing? Dammit

Dantetsu has such gravitas it's a wonder his balls don't fall off from the weight.

Goth!Candelira is kinda odd, but I actually really like the new version of her song. It's much stronger, vocally. Also, for the trivia nerds, this week's MOTW helper guy with the bowl cut was Aigallon's voice actor. (How... random?) Also, the two posters on the wall of his office were sentai in-jokes as well. Nono Nana is HurricaneBlue's idol persona and then there was Youko from GB.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kyouryuuger 28 Released

Post by takenoko »

Hmm, thought they were going to get Luckyuro's balls to save Torin, but I guess Torin is just going to off himself. That was a surprise I wasn't expecting.

Apparently the idol that goes running by was in Kyouryuuger 4 (from the number, I'm guessing she was one of Ian's girlfriends). It'd be pretty sweet if there were some continuity there, but it's probably just a reuse of actors.

We really need a Candy versus Amy episode. The sound effects from them just moving around would be amazing.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

For an episode that is predominantly serious and plot-driven, those first few minutes are pretty funny. Given that Endolf and Luckyuro showed up in suit and Candelira and Aigallon’s VAs were present, were the two assistants in the opening scene the VAs or suit actors for Chaos and Dogold? It seems like the sort of inside joke they would do, especially since they had the Hurricaneger, Go-Buster and Gaburincho of Music easter eggs in the office.

I liked both the new song and the new arrangement of Candelira’s first song. Hopefully they’ll release the dark arrangement version of the Song of Joy, since the other song was already released with the movie soundtrack.

There were also three unintentionally funny moments. First - Ian’s “Oh my” after they see Torin with one of his wings cut off. It sounded so awkward. (DekaBlue’s use of English had the same problem during serious moments.) Second, Candelira (in suit) wiggling her fingers during the dark version of the Song of Joy. Her actress looked a lot less silly doing it because she could change her facial expressions. And finally, I was amused that Deboss basically gave the Kyouryuugers an impromptu science lesson to prove that Torin really was originally a member of Deboss.

Torin being a former member of Deboss was not something I had considered prior to this episode, but it seemed obvious (what with all the hints about Torin’s “true identity”) once things got rolling. I wonder what his original form looked like, and what personality trait he represented that made him sympathetic to the dinosaurs. Endolf’s trait being resentment makes a lot more sense now that Torin’s backstory is (partially) revealed. Chaos and Deboss resenting that Torin betrayed them is a lot more powerful than the Deboss Army resenting that they keep losing.

Oh, and Dantetsu showed up again. Is there anyone other than him even close to being a candidate for the last Kyouryuuger?

Biggest critique of the episode - what was with that jarring scene cut around 12:15? There was no transition from Candelira singing to Carnival fighting.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

One creepy episode. That singer Candelira was a sore loser if that Idol president rejects her.

I was getting shocked by the very identity of Torin... originally part of Deboss Army. So that's how Chaos attempts to turn Torin into his side again.
Lunagel wrote:...and then there was Youko from GB.
By the way, that poster of Youko's actress reminds me of her another role of Angie Sue of GB mission 12.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

DaVinci030 wrote: By the way, that poster of Youko's actress reminds me of her another role of Angie Sue of GB mission 12.
Oh shit, that's the same picture.

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I was a bit surprised that the water didn't restore Torin's wings. Torin being a Deboss makes sense now with his ability to detect their activities and why he has been weak. Dogold really hates Endolf that he was willing to tell the Kyouryuugers about Torin being kidnapped. Ian's "Oh My!" doesn't bother me especially with Mio's "Oops!" in Fourze.
Kamen_Winter

Post by Kamen_Winter »

This episode really surprised me, at first from the trailer from last week I thought they were going to control Torin through song, but with the reveal that he's from the Deboss Army AND Chaos's Brother really knocked me through a loop but it was brilliantly done, Chaos's little science lesson was amusing. The Idol Judge being Aigallon's VA was brilliant and once again I love Kokoro No Sukima World, my favourite Candelira song. I'm still wondering where they are going with Daigo's father and what use the stones are going to be used for
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Phoenix512 wrote:Ian's "Oh My!" doesn't bother me especially with Mio's "Oops!" in Fourze.
Indeed I guess one of the writers watched Fourze and got pissed everytime when Mio said Oops!
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

So Torin was one of Deboss's men... You know, that explains a few things like him sensing them, why his wings keep turning to stone, and why he's able to shoot an energy ball. Most times it's the villains who do it, but Torin did so with his hands instead of a weapon.

Candelira looks hot goth style.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I'm more shock that Torin is Chaos's brother than he was part of the Deboss Army

That totally got me by surprise

And the song lyrics totally match what Torin is going through, pretty thoughtful
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Torin being part of the Deboss Army didn't shock me; I'd actually theorized it after the first few times he detected Deboss activity. (Click spoiler tag for what tipped me off.)

Spoiler
It probably wouldn't have clicked for me if I hadn't recently watched "Gosei Sentai Dairanger"; Master Kaku was able to detect when the Gorma Tribe was causing mayhem because he used to be one of their generals. Once Torin started detecting Deboss and didn't give an explanation as to why, it seemed likely that they would do the same thing again. Not that I'm complaining; it's been a while since that plot twist was used and it was nice to see some nods to previous shows. Wonder if there's gonna be a Dairanger-like twist involving Daigo's father......

All that said, I really enjoyed this episode. It was a standard "hook them in and leave them hanging" type thing to set up a story arc, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. The action was quite well-done, Candelira singing is -always- enjoyable to hear and I loved the fighting roll-call. They keep doing fun little twists on that roll-call and I hope they continue with it.
robinosuke
Shinobi
Shinobi
Favorite series: Kakuranger, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kyoryuger, Garo,KR W
Dreamy: ♥Yayoi & Rian ♥
Favorite Band: JAMProject,Project R
Quote: Nanika wo eru tame ni wa, Nanika wo sutenakya~
-Basco ta Jolokia

Post by robinosuke »

Hey Kyoryugers, I really love your roll call out there. But you guys have surrounded Endolf and Karyuudosu, why don't you just turn around and announce your sentai name. The explosions would be an useful attack sometimes. :lol:

ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

I really hoped their resentment towards Chaos would corrupt their brave and through that their henshin(Like Metal Greymon-Skull Greymon thing) but this is sentai and a comedy oriented one so no suprise:D

I guessed that Torin being Deboss but brother to Chaos... I just wowed like amy:P

BTW correct me if I'm wrong but right now there are 9 known great Zyudenchi; Gabutyra, Parasagun, Stegotchi, Zakutor, Dricera, Pteragodon, Ankydon, Bunpachi, Plezuon.. We have 1 more to revealed right?
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Yep, and what do we always get with a dino series?

Spoiler
A Carrier Mecha.
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

Okay, I was expecting Torin to be a former Chevalier whose purpose was to drain bravery from other lifeforms. But I wasn't expecting that kind of relationship. It also seems to explain how he can hold his own in a one-on-one fight with Chaos.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”