Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kyouryuuger 36 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_36

Torin: Can't beat his better half in a fair sword duel, brings out a gun and shoots him instead.

Wait, he's KyouryuuSilver isn't he? Why doesn't his Revolver stay silver then?

Where does Torin's beak go?!
http://www56.tok2.com/home/hoi/tokusatsu.f/98.html

But in all seriousness, a winged Kyouryuuger is pretty cool. And it's nice to see that the mentor/student relationship is flipped. There's some good reciprocal stuff going on with the students teaching their teacher.

So the new Gigant Cannon is everyone standing around and focusing their energy together? A little disappointing that they don't come together to form a cannon for Gigant KyouryuuJin. They could have taken a page out of the Ika cannon from Shinkenger.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kyouryuuger 36 released

Post by Lunagel »

Quick translator's note, the literal translation of 閃光 is "flashing" or "glinting" but there was no way in hell I was using "The Flashing Brave" so I went with the less accurate but more believable "Shining Brave"

You guys really want to use Deboth, don't you? Sounds like someone has a lisp or something.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

What the heck is a Deboth Hell is what I'm wondering.

Flashing or Glinting would go fabulously with Torin's snap though! The Dazzling Brave?!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Yes!!! I've waited 36 episodes for this and it does not disappoint.

The fact that when Chaos was taunting Torin about his Deboss origin, Torin's shot almost hitting Daigo shows that how much he was bothered by it. Him needing to overcome his greatest weakness to win over his dark self, Dark Link Mad Torin, in order to gain new power makes the moment of KyouryuuSilver's debut so much more powerful

Why is Yayoi always sitting around in Spirit Base?
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I have to admit that despite moving the plot forward these past few weeks, recently Kyouryuuger has felt to me like it’s been dragging. There were lots of things I didn’t like - using Spirit Base as Bragigas’ cockpit, the Tinker Bell-esque clap your hands for Gigant Bragi-Oh/Gigant KyouryuuJin to win scene, and the foreshadowing (or rather, explicit revelation) that Torin was the last Kyouryuuger.

I’m happy to admit that my feelings have reversed on that last point - for the most part. I realized that Torin as the final Kyouryuuger works really well from a plot and character development perspective. My quibble with Torin as a Kyouryuuger is that he looks like the other nine human Kyouryuugers. I know the joke about Doggie’s nose popping off when he becomes DekaMaster (that comic panel never gets old), but DekaMaster undeniably had a different, bulkier body shape compared to the other DekaRangers. I liked the touch that Torin’s wings come out during his specialty attack, but I still feel like the costume design folks took the easy way out when it came to Silver.

Speaking of costume short-cuts, I give the writers credit for coming up with a solid reason why the monsters can keep reviving, but I’m starting to get sick of seeing them defeat the same monsters over and over. Again, it feels a little lazy. Since the hole to Hell was just plugged up, I’m guessing it’ll come into play again during the finale. Probably for an all-Kyouryuuger vs. all-Deboss Army free-for-all.

Hey they remembered that Carnival has different modes. That’s nice.
Yaiba wrote:Why is Yayoi always sitting around in Spirit Base?
Her primary role is tech support. I wouldn't mind seeing her fight more (especially if she's hanging around), but she was more useful fixing the Gigant Cannon than joining in the melee. I really liked her pep talk to Torin. For some reason, it reminded me of the pep talk Naomi gave to Ryuutaros in the Den-O Final Episodes DC.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yayoi is more like Swan in DekaRanger that she is more useful being support than out there in the main lines. She could fight more but I'm okay with her not being out there since that's not her main role. I think the people who say that she should be out there more just want more women out there than having an almost sausage fest with just Amy.

So the question of where the rest of Bragigas when he is combined to form Gigant Kyouryuuzin is answered as it's the body of the Gigant Cannon.

The suit actor for KyouryuuSilver doesn't seem right. He's more bulky than Torin's suit actor is. Doesn't seem very graceful compared to Torin's normally graceful look.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Torin's suit actor is Okamoto Jirou, Jirou-san is famous for his bulky body built. Torin's costume covers it up pretty well but Silver's suit just shows his original built.

I'm fine with Yayoi staying behind as the tech support. My problem is whenever there was a fight, even when she was right there, she will mysteriously disappeared. Like in last episode she was in the Spirit Base, inside Bragigas, with Torin. When Torin and Bragigas recovered and joined the battle, where did she go suddenly? It just feels like the staff is making every effort to avoid her having to fight.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Torin jamming the air guitar was just the icing on the cake. Great episode. Hopefully he sees a fair bit of action.
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

All right!!

This was an amazing episode :), simply because I love Torin. The fact that he learned to overcome his weaknesses to step up to become a Kyoryuger was great; there was great dynamics from how low he felt to seeing what he can really do with confidence.

I must have replayed his transformation sequence about a million times, lol. Rock on Torin, rock on!!

Hmmm, I don't think humanoid birds generate perspiration around their necks but just saying XD No big deal.

Good to see Torin shine finally.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Brachiosaurs are herbivores, aren't they? in which case I find Torin's helmet so explicitly having fangs hilarious.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

i can agree with the comparison of Yayoi=Swan as both only fought when it was really necessary. i actually liked the design for Mad Torin though the name is a little uninspired. it gives good vs evil a visual representation (if that makes any sense). as for Torin being Kyouryuu Silver...awesome and the Trinity Straixer finisher is cool too.

hey Kilowog do you see the pun in the last line of your post lol.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So what were Aigallon and Candy doing in hell, anyhow? I don't recall them having been killed or otherwise sent to the bad place. The last time we saw them was in 34, when they ran off after the Kyouryuugers got the last stone.
Catastrophe wrote:Torin jamming the air guitar was just the icing on the cake.
I have to admit it's nice that they gave Torin a rock theme as opposed to yet more samba. Everything is more epic with rock. :lol:
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

Poor Rika's just always in the middle of trouble, isn't she?

ALSO HUGE DANCING BIRD MAN.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I have to agree with PHurricane. When I watched this I was like "They made us wait 2 weeks for that? Lame."
A lot may have happened in this episode, but since we already had an army of Rangers, I didn't care that there's yet one more. The mecha battle had random explosions that weren't in synch with hits being made and were out of place. The final attack was disappointing as well. I think Toei needs to learn that less is more.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

ViRGE wrote:So what were Aigallon and Candy doing in hell, anyhow? I don't recall them having been killed or otherwise sent to the bad place. The last time we saw them was in 34, when they ran off after the Kyouryuugers got the last stone.
Catastrophe wrote:Torin jamming the air guitar was just the icing on the cake.
I have to admit it's nice that they gave Torin a rock theme as opposed to yet more samba. Everything is more epic with rock. :lol:
If I recall correctly, they disappeared under huge waterfall right when Bragigas revived. Guess the waterfall falls back to the dark land, dragging them into it too. check the ep 34 to see...

I don't think I can stand another Doggie's nose joke here, plus unlike Dekamaster, Torin can summon his wings. when is the last time you got a ranger with a wings?

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”