Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kyouryuuger 37 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_37

Awww, Souji-chan gets all shy when he sees Torin watching him practice. I know that feeling well.

Wow, the reversed Kyouryuu change was pretty awesome.

I love Red's weak kick that he does during the pink pose.

Oh man, that's pretty awesome. Torin makes a badass entrance to save the day, and just gets wrecked by a surprise strategy.

Souji doesn't get enough attention, so I'm glad they did a good story about him.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: Kyouryuuger 37 released

Post by Slowking »

Nice to see this being a Souji and Torin's sword technique focus ep. Last week when Torin used his technique Souji was surprised at how powerful it was, and I wondered whether we'd get an episode based on that. Brilliant stuff.

Really funny to see Nossan being the ONLY ONE ending up next to a Deboss Monster right after everyone returned to their original body.

I liked how Ucchi got a few more lines this episode.

Tie Daigo up, ok Amy?

Spoiler
An episode focus on Gray? Oh yes!
Behold the Emperor!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

For such a wacky episode, it did have me worried a bit when they managed to switch body with Torin

I agree that Souji wanting to learn Torin's technique, and Torin willing to teach him at the end are pretty good character moments

Lol at Daigo touching all over himself when he got his body back at the end
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Time for the annual test to see how well everyone has learned the body language of their fellow cast members. They all did really well, even with the lip-syncing.

Ucchii has gotten to transform under some really fun and unique circumstances. I really liked the attention to detail to the mid-episode change, especially in showing that Souji and Ucchii struggled with the how different the music was that they had to dance to.

I know I complained last week about so many old monster costumes being re-used, but these three working together were a hoot. Having one-off monsters come back and work together to come up with a new strategy was a good decision.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I have a different feeling about the returning monsters then most people though. At this point in the show, I rather have old guys returning than new ones that would be destroyed right there. Also having them coming back makes it more memorable especially they aren't being like grunts for the most part.

When Kibishiidesu used Trinity Straizer, it remind me of DBZ when Gingu was in Goku's body. Even though he was in Goku's body, he wasn't able to use the full capabilities of it so the technique wasn't nearly as powerful as it should have been.

Poor Daigo, he wanted to do so many things on Amy's body but she was smart and had no part of that.

Also Akkumoon is so like Luckyrou.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

That's probably Daigo's first time noticing a woman's body. And it was so funny I had to watch it again.

I hope they bring back the older mechas. Gigant Kyoryuzin is their strongest, but wasted on the likes of old enemies, one of which was destroyed by a regular Kyoryuzin.

I guess with everything Chaos would get tired and need to rest, but there was one thing I was hoping he would notice from last week; all the Deboss monsters came back, he, Aigallon, Candelira and Luckyuro went down there, but he didn't once find or notice Endolf. We all know where he is, but I was hoping Chaos would notice that and pursue his revival since he's needed to deepen the emotions(resentment) they gather. Maybe Chaos knows Dogold's secret and put him in charge because of such.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Great and funny episode, but I feel like that Amy's 'WOW!' coming out of Daigo's mouth was probably the funniest scene. Especially the way he emoted like her.
prowlfire
Adventure

Post by prowlfire »

My favorite part of the ep was the one bit with Daigo in Amy's body when he goes into his typical squatting position and Amy in Daigo's body scolds him not to sit like that. Little things like that amuse me.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

I do love me a body switch episode. All the switched up dancing and sword usage was pretty cool as a whole.

The dancing bird bit grew on me a bit more, and it's nice that they're sticking with the whole wings thing for Silver. What was with him saying humans couldn't use his sword technique though? Was he lying? Just wrong? He was pretty specific about needing a Deboss body for it, and then Souji (as King, of course) just kind of does it anyway.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Sauce wrote:He was pretty specific about needing a Deboss body for it, and then Souji (as King, of course) just kind of does it anyway.
OH, I never thought of that. Maybe Souji was able to perform it at that time because he was using King's body, that his own body wasn't strong enough or something, so Torin will need to find a way around whatever the problem is when teaching him
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Well, King's body is, to say the least, different... Still, nice to see that Amy's smart enough to tie King in place before he unintentionally does anything too life ruining for a girl her age while his mind is in her body.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

And also his body wasn't in pain from the constant practice of trying to use it. It's not so much Souji couldn't use it as much compared to hurting his body since he's human not Deboss.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

So am I the only one to notice the (possibly unintentional) horribly-perverted joke that could be made at 09:12? (Namely, King is in Amy's body and says "I can't pull out!"?)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Oh man, that's pretty awesome. Torin makes a badass entrance to save the day
Torin, bar none, has the best henshin sequence in this show. He gets to rock out, play an air guitar, and he gets an awesome jingle.

And whoever the suit actor is for his bird form deserves significant kudos; those foam rubber suits are unwieldy on the best of days, so I can't even begin to imagine how hard it was to pull off that running air guitar motion.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:So am I the only one to notice the (possibly unintentional) horribly-perverted joke that could be made at 09:12? (Namely, King is in Amy's body and says "I can't pull out!"?)

Notes from my script:

Dialogue: 0,0:13:09.47,0:13:11.01,ZyuDenRed,(Pink),0,0,0,,Huh? I can't pull out! {that's what he said?}

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”