DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Kyouryuuger 38 released

Post by DekaBreak »

Phoenix512 wrote:I don't think it's weird that there isn't a double sword wielding person. You have Shinkenger where none of them dual wielded.
Conventionally, Samurai didn't dual wield until Musashi Miyamoto came along. The Shiba Clan and their vassals may have stuck to the older form.

But it's not entirely true that Shinkenger didn't have dual-wielders. Takeru does dual wielding vs Juuzou and Ushirobuji in their battle royal in Act 11. He does the same with the Rekka Daizantou using Tanba's Double Disc in Act 49 to distract Doukoku. Genta KINDA dual wields in a sense, though his sheath works more for defense than offense when he's not using Iai.

While I don't think it's weird not to have a dual-wielding Kyouryuuger, I'd have liked that mixed with Koichi Sakamoto's sense of fight choreography. Speaking of swordsmanship, I wonder how things would have been if Shinkenger's Action Director did Gaim?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I know of the exceptions in Shinkenger but I was mostly focusing on people who dual wield blades as their primary method of attack which is none of them in Shinkenger.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

This is such a mixed episode. It did a good job of developing some character for Tessai, which I think was needed since, imo, he's the least developed of the ten Kyouryuugers. I find it lame, though, that he didn't get the opportunity to save the day. It should have been him and Amy eliminating the monster. Daigo and Ian didn't have much to do with the events in the episode and, out of the seven of them, probably had the least to do. Why them?

Also, why do we never see Tessai and Ramierez inside their partners?

They missed a golden opportunity to show Nobuharu, Souji, and Ucchi untransformed with their beauty taken away. That could have been especially funny for Nobuharu.

Why does Daigo say everyone is there now when Torin is not there?

Hey Torin, thanks for showing up at the very last minute.

Mediocre episode that could have been something much better. Hopefully Ramierez will get his own episode too.

Preview:
Spoiler
Aww, isn't that cute, Yayoi getting jealous about Daigo. And didn't we already have an episode that touched on stuff from the movie?
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>They missed a golden opportunity to show Nobuharu, Souji, and Ucchi untransformed with their beauty taken away

Probably for the same reason that their "ugly" forms are just a stripe of gray on their suits, it was easier and cheaper. They could have probably just removed the color from the suits with effects or something.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Torin is a ranger now and Daigo still gets to pilot Bragigas from the captain's podium. But that is just how KyoryuRed rolls, I guess.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro

Post by AxemYellow »

Did their budget run out or something? First they repeat monsters and now we just get Zorima.

I did like this episode, but the main plot seemed disjointed from the Deboss' plan. Seeing an episode devoted to Tessai was nice.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

AxemYellow wrote:Did their budget run out or something? First they repeat monsters and now we just get Zorima.
That's a good question. The last couple of weeks of Gaim has been MOTW-less too. Perhaps something happened with Toei's foam rubber creature shop?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It could be that they want to try something new with the formula. Not everything needs to be related to money. I think it's nice that they aren't creating new MoTWs at this point in the show.

As for the Gaim angle, the Inves isn't the focus of the show. It's the Riders themselves.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Everything is about money, lol
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro

Post by AxemYellow »

I was just thinking that while there are a few big name female shonen manga artists, I've never heard of a male shojo manga artist.

(Maybe they're like male romance novelists who always use a female pen name.)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I know it's kind of a trope to have a male shoujo manga artist. I've seen it appear in a few series besides this one but despite that I still don't know of any real male shoujo manga-ka so maybe the trope is true and there are some of them who pretend to be female?
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Phoenix512 wrote:It could be that they want to try something new with the formula. Not everything needs to be related to money. I think it's nice that they aren't creating new MoTWs at this point in the show.

As for the Gaim angle, the Inves isn't the focus of the show. It's the Riders themselves.
I agree with this from the beginning this shows only continues to support toys sales and you don't see each MoTW's toys so they maybe trying to save some budget for more sale-able things while giving out plausible reasons for their lack of new non-sale-able MoTW's.

Same for Gaim but they put the focus on riders from beginning to keep things simpler.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

This episode was far less painful than I was expecting. The preview last week made it seem like it was going to be a weird episode about Amy dating someone who looks like Tessai, and Tessai deciding that he had feelings for her, too.

Thankfully, it was about kicking people's heads in.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Anyone know the name of the song when Tessai was taking hits from the Beautiful Zorima?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Wasn't it "The Brave - Inheritor of the way of the Dino" or something like that? I know there is 3 parts on it, one for Cyan, one for Gray and one for Violet.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”