Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuuger 40 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_40

So. Many. Puns *_*

Oh man I loved this episode. It's nice to see a return to the classic "member falls in love with a monster" trope and hallelujah it's not the girl getting an arranged marriage for once. The monster was interesting and the riffing on various genre tropes was downright hilarious. Torin's really getting into Amy's stuff, isn't he? First Love Touch and now her kaijuu dramas.

And of course it must be said. EEEEEEEEEEEE DEKARANGER SIRENS OMG
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kyouryuuger 40 Released

Post by Yaiba »

This episode is surprisingly good. The main plot flows well, the action is awesome and the whole thing is just damn hilarious!

Rolf at school hoolgans scene, Souji staying the same and need to unbutton his jacket to do the pose; and Ucchi is freaking cool with the shotgun

Onore Decade Amy!

AND YAY Dekaranger reference! Ucchi's perfect! and of course, Police sirens ringing when DekaYellow Yuuko fights!

So is this the Ramirze episode (kind of) we didn't have last week? And he's going to live with Yuuko now? I noticed they also used a new backdrop for their simultaneous attack
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Ucchii's wearing the same stuff as in the earlier episode when he's trying to threaten Souji's girl.

It's nice to see that Candelira and Luckyuro might turn over a leaf
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

What a fantastic episode! Nossan is my favourite Kyouryuuger, and I loved how he was chosen as the one that would reach into the heart of Candelira. Some great acting from those two.

Great gags as always, but this time what was funnier was Candelira finding them funny! XD

Nossan always gets serious before transforming, he and King have some of the best single person henshin scenes so far.

Get those Zourima with your Ramirez weapon Yuuko! Turn those sirens on! Emergency!

The scene where they attack the monster with Gigant Kyouryuujin (that switches back and forth from "film style" to "normal style") was very nicely done, particularly with the BGM chosen.

I love this show.

Next:

Spoiler
Oh my! Tobaspino returns! All the ZyuDenRyu assemble! I guess it really is MINNA ATSUMARE KYOURYUUGER!
Behold the Emperor!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

This was a fantastic episode. So many puns, as befitting a Nossan episode, but so many running gags involving the other characters (well, mostly Amy - they love to capitalize on the fact that she leaves her stuff around the Spirit Base) that were laugh-out-loud funny.

I think what made the plot work so well was that Nossan and Candelira recognized each other right off the bat. There was no time wasted on revealing their identities to each other or feelings of betrayal. Nossan chose to trust Candelira because he knew she was likely up to no good, but had the capacity to worry about him when he was hurt and enjoy his puns anyway. Which reminds me - Candelira's actress was adorable when she was retelling the puns, and the way Nossan perked up whenever she laughed was so sweet. They're so lovey-dovey, as Yuuko noted, that you can't help but root for them.

The Debo Monster's dialogue was really clever. His power was an interesting take on the heroes-thrown-into-movies plot that pops up every few years in sentai. I think I liked the high school version better than the police drama (although Detective!Ucchii was awesome). Poor Souji was really thrown off his game by the fact that everyone except him was dressed as old-school delinquents. Having him try to unbutton his jacket to look scruffier was a nice detail.

Other thoughts:
-Was that the earliest we've ever gotten an out-of-suit roll call? It was fun, but it caught me by surprise.
-Geez, hi Jasmine. I don't think that scene was supposed to make me laugh as hard as I did.
-It wasn't exactly breaking the fourth wall, but it was neat how they used the show's actual logo, episode preview BGM, and narration style for the "movie" in the final fight.
-Thanks to that last scene with Ramirez in an apron and holding a frying pan, I can't put it out of my head that Ramirez moved in with Nossan and Yuuko. I could see Yuuko wanting to keep a close eye on her brother's team, even if they didn't clearly explain whether Nossan has realized Yuuko's in on the secret.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

For the record, the bgm tune used when the "Kyoryuu Police" logo came on was from "Abare Spirit Forever" sung by Akira Kushida.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's rad. I totally missed that.

Although... wouldn't the Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger theme make more sense? XD
ponkan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Shinken, Blade, Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Time, Akiba, GARO
Dreamy: Time Pink!
Favorite Actor?: Setsuko Hara
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: "Don't smoke too much, drink too much, eat too much or work too much. We're all on the road to the grave -- but there's no need to be in the passing lane. " - Robert Orben
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ponkan »

Best Kyoryuger Episode yet! the running gag between Amy and Ucchii's 'Amy-donoooo' are downright hilarious. will Nobu and Candelira end up with each other? man.. i'm starting to anticipate this, looks like we're gonna have a double Yatsudenwani in a Dinosaur Sentai again. and Ramirez wearing an afron and holding a frying pan with pancakes on it clearly specifies that he'll stay for good at the Udou's.. i guess?

i think this is the most earliest helmetless roll call yet? correct me if i'm wrong. :D
"My heart goes GABU GABU!"
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

really funny episode with all the puns. speaking of puns, couldnt candilira's pun at the end be an old "woman" pun? with the school hooligan scene daigo looked eerily like gentarou from fourze to me with the outfit.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Guess the Spirit Base is Amy's personal hideout place. All in order not to be caught by Gentle. So does this mean everyone else knows about her foot specialty now? Souji already knows about it beforehand....

I had the same reaction with Ucchii when Torin reveals that he watched Amy's DVD. Man, Torin really gets a lot of free time nowadays since Bragigas has awakened back. First Love Touch, now Amy's DVD? what happened to training Souji, Torin? :lol:

No way, 10+- episodes left? Kyouryuuger is such a crazy show. Didn't notice at all.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

This has become my favorite episode of Kyoryuger, even though it feels a bit Power Rangers. They mentioned back when Deboss lost to Bakuretsu Kyoryuzin that it might not be necessary for them to kill Candelira and Luckyuro, and I can fathom how glad they're considering it now what with Amy explaining how humans should survive to Luckyuro; even Torin, who was initially against it and wanted all of Deboss destroyed including himself, is starting to think it over. And I'm glad he's considering it since he's living proof that it's possible.

Nossan says those gags, but I never thought for a moment that she liked them. Maybe I should look back to see if there are any instances where she heard his gags and laughed.

School-Punk Daigo reminds me of Gentarou/Fourze. Also, Torin needs to get out more. If the masters from Gekiranger can so can he.

But despite all this the one thing I'm looking forward to next arc, besides the growing relationship of Nossan and Candelira, is what happened to Chaos at the very end. I shudder to speculate that he may have suffered body takeover from his talking hand.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Even as a kind of filler episode, its really good. This is what I love about Kyoryuger.

Hoping that super evil Chaos doesn't do something the the Happiness duo that forces a mercy kill.
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

Isn't that the voice actress of Luckyuro, as Candelilla's "mother"? It is nice that suit actors and voice actors are getting some recognition. I really hope those two happy-go-lucky bad guys would survive... even if nine times out of ten every sentai villains were ressurectable.

And Souji's WOW!!! is somehow very feminine...
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Looking back, I noticed fully that Yuuko was the one who made that melody, like Tessai's descendant from EP38. If I'm not mistaken maybe Ramirez and Tessai really will be training replacements in offscreen. Yuuko already has the strength to use Ramirez like a hammer.

A second thing I noticed; Nobuharu's friends are cruel. Everyone but Daigo naturally assumed that Nossan would fail in his marriage arrangement, even the supportive Torin who suggested the consolation party, and it made me laugh and feel better for Nossan who has been my favorite for the series to not only get a break but also win the heart of the enemy's token girl.

Third; Ramirez, why are you still there?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

That was an amazing episode. I usually don't enjoy those marriage episodes, but it ended but not being focused on marriage at all, and that's nice. I've always thought that Candelira and Luckyryo would change sides at some point, but at this point, they'll probably just do it by the end of the series, which is a shame, they're really nice characters. I thought Ramirez would be another focus, like Tessai had on his own episode, but he kinda lost his purpose there. I love him anyway. And man, those movies things were hilarious and really criative. That's why I love this sentai.

And looks like shit is gonna get serious, Chaos can't even speak properly anymore.
Spoiler
Altough they can have a Chirstmas episode anyway, so isn't that serious yet, I guess.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”