Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Re: Kyouryuuger 40 Released

Post by Lunchboxx »

This episode made me laugh way to many times to count.

Not much else to say that everybody else has said, but I still loved that call back to DekaRanger with Yuuko.

Candelira's actress is always so gosh darn gorgeous whenever she's on scene.

Next Episode:
Spoiler
Obligatory Christmas episode, but this one looks like it's gonna be a real good one
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Out of all of the regular monster themes in Sentai, movie monsters are by far my favorite. The screwball antics they lead to are always good for a laugh, and it does so in a silly but still sensible manner. In this case both the police and school fights were a blast to watch, and I have to imagine the crew had fun filming them, too.

Woah! Strong lady.

Spoiler
Mecha madness next week. Yay!
Kotei
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
My boom: Photography

Post by Kotei »

Aigallon is going to be pissed.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

I LOVE THIS EPISODE. ALL THE PAST REFERENCES, some not even intended… Or you're a long time Sentai fan

1) All of us DekaRanger fans knew it. IT IS JASMINE!
- Emergency (and her stance is the DekaRanger Henshin)
- PatStriker Sirens.

2) Shinkenger Returns: Cop/School cosplay.

3) Daigo's costume as a student. GENTAROU! Switch On!

4) Amy's: Install, MegaRanger!

5) Camera Monster capturing people: Camera Jigen from the old days of Jetman

6) Forbidden love between a male Ranger and a villainess: Red Mask's love story from Maskman

YAY thank you so much for all these cool references! Speculation: Luckyuro & Candelira leaving Deboss like Torin = GekiRanger Finale 2.0?

Overall great fan service for any Toei follower. There's even one for Fourze. Thanks Koichi Sakamoto!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Heh. Honestly 90% of the things you mention probably fall under generic Japanese TV tropes, but it's nice that you were able to make all those associations.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Amy, why can't you watch and read your stuff at your home instead of Spirit Base? Stop using your feet you lazy bum. Poor Ucchii.

Just only need Dogold and Chaos's VAs to appear on camera now since Luckyrou's VA made her onscreen appearance.

Candelira is an old woman since she probably have lived for centuries.

Ramirez has found love in Yuuko. Strong Lady. And him cooking breakfast live they are living together was great.

Man they didn't want to give Amy a weapon during the cop movie and Ucchii was ballin with the shotgun.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote:Although... wouldn't the Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger theme make more sense? XD
Probably but, I'm not arguing against this choice. XD
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

Wasn't the "monster using something from your mind" thing originally from Ghostbusters? Haha, anyway, AWESOME episode, especially since I relate to Nossan most of all. All the good stuff mentioned, but... an unmasked roll call this early?! Man... I really don't want this series to end!!!
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Phoenix512 wrote:Amy, why can't you watch and read your stuff at your home instead of Spirit Base? Stop using your feet you lazy bum. Poor Ucchii.
One word. Gentle.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

JonSilver wrote:Wasn't the "monster using something from your mind" thing originally from Ghostbusters? Haha, anyway, AWESOME episode, especially since I relate to Nossan most of all. All the good stuff mentioned, but... an unmasked roll call this early?! Man... I really don't want this series to end!!!
Oh yeah. I was totally thinking that while watching the episode but didn't think to comment on it. It would have been great if Amy responded with a "But I thought cop and high school movies were so harmless!"
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Man last year's super praised by everyone here Sentai seems to be already forgotten.

As I said in the last episode's discussion. Ryuji was the focus of the Marriage Interview episode of Gobusters. I think it's more of a Blue member thing instead of a girl thing. Since Ryunosuke was in a wedding dress in Shinkenger.

Speaking of earliest helmetless rolecall. Gobusters also did their first Episode 30 when they destroyed Messiah.

Other than those two things.

Best episode of the series by far, I really do hope we get a 3rd female member before the end. It may answer the question that was posed in the previous topic about the final rolecall.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

Definitely my favorite episode. I wasn't expecting a whole lot from it but now I'm eager to see what's coming next from Candelira. Hope she doesn't get killed off somehow, she's cute. They've already set precedent for Deboss monsters becoming good with Torin, and I just can't imagine they'd get rid of her or Luckyuro like that.

The police/delinquent movie scenes were pretty funny. The "KYOURYUU GAKUEN" title splash and the Zourima with pomp wigs put a smirk on my face.

The Jasmine reference caught me really off guard and I legit chuckled at it, which doesn't usually happen when I'm watching a show or whatever.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote:Looking back, I noticed fully that Yuuko was the one who made that melody, like Tessai's descendant from EP38. If I'm not mistaken maybe Ramirez and Tessai really will be training replacements in offscreen. Yuuko already has the strength to use Ramirez like a hammer.
This is interesting, and I didn't give it a whole lot of thought until you said that. It would kind of make sense to see a brother/sister Blue/Cyan duo and if that's where they're going with it then it would actually make some sense that they stuck Ramirez at Yuuko's house for the whole episode (and potentially future ones, as far as we know).
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

Just read the wiki, that old lady was Luckyuro's seiyuu?! LOL That's just awesome.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Awesome. It's always great to know when people enjoy the content that we put on the wiki. I love finding out cool trivia stuff and sharing it with you guys.
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

Great episode. Question though, when Candelira says "I've had my eye on you" and they have a real quick flashback, where is that flashback scene from? I didn't recognize it at all.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”