Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kyouryuuger 43 released

Post by takenoko »

DekaBreak wrote:What is it with the Tanba surname denoting an opposition to the plans of swordsmen Rangers?
Huh, that's an interesting observation, but it's probably a coincidence. Tachibana Rei -> Tanba Reiko.

I had a bunch of trivia things written down too! Too bad our wiki's still down.

48-51 is a pretty typical series length. If it were 46 or something, then that'd be very short.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

takenoko wrote: 48-51 is a pretty typical series length. If it were 46 or something, then that'd be very short.
The last series to be 48 episodes was Carranger. Then 50 and 49 became the stable number, and since Go-Onger had 50, I expected my dear Shinkenger <3 to have 50, but was quite sad it got stopped at 49, when it's immediate predecessor and successors, who frankly didn't impress as much got 50 each. Ok, ok I know I'm acting up because I love the Shinkengers so much… But it was a big deal when Gokaiger got 51 episodes though Goseiger had 50, as the last to have 51 was 10 years ago at Hurricaneger. It was also huge that Wizard got 51 or 53 (however you wish to count), so it even ended up as news on JeFusion and HJU. So I think it does show something. Kyouryuuger is the shortest series in 17 years. While not too far from Shinkenger at 49, I still think it speaks volumes.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

It's clear that the Black Cloak focuses on Sadness while the White cloak focuses on Joy as it was playing Canderlia theme when it was introduced. Maybe the flag of Candy and Lucky jumping ship to join the side of good is this one.

Considering that Kyouryu will be one of the five shortest Sentai series with 48 episodes, I'm with Axem on it being short.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Eh, I still don't think it's that big a deal. 12 months x 4 episodes is 48. Any more than that is gravy.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... The new assassins or cloaked figured or new faces or yin and yang, or whatever we're calling them... I'm pretty sure I've seen that design before in near everything toku from the 70s to the early 90s :/ I liked when they made stilled or specialized zoumas be the monster of the week since it was getting creative but these new two feel... Like a team running out of money cause it was spent elsewhere.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This is probably the first good Souji focus episode in the series. A pity it came so close to the end.

Also looks like new Deboss goons around the corner.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Eh, I still don't think it's that big a deal. 12 months x 4 episodes is 48. Any more than that is gravy.
Well 52 weeks in a year. We lose a week to New Year's, and normally a week to golf. Where did the other 2 go this year?
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Sometimes episodes last longer for no explainable reason, like Wizard for example and its unnecessary 53 episodes.

The new Deboss guys...
Spoiler
Now that I think about it I read somewhere that there'd be replacement knights showing up. Maybe this will enforce Candelira and Luckyuro to leave for the side of good sooner.

Boy has a mom?! Actually, it makes sense that only his mom would show up. Fathers pop up everywhere in Sentai, mostly as support, but Green's young and Japanese to justify his mother's appearance. Nossan's too old for his parents to be around, the Spirit Rangers are dead, Ian's family is non-existent, Amy's parents are in America, and Utsusemimaru came from the past. Really, the only ones whose parents have appeared are Yayoi, Daigo and Souji.

Torin, be human some more.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote:Sometimes episodes last longer for no explainable reason, like Wizard for example and its unnecessary 53 episodes.

The new Deboss guys...
Spoiler
Now that I think about it I read somewhere that there'd be replacement knights showing up. Maybe this will enforce Candelira and Luckyuro to leave for the side of good sooner.

Boy has a mom?! Actually, it makes sense that only his mom would show up. Fathers pop up everywhere in Sentai, mostly as support, but Green's young and Japanese to justify his mother's appearance. Nossan's too old for his parents to be around, the Spirit Rangers are dead, Ian's family is non-existent, Amy's parents are in America, and Utsusemimaru came from the past. Really, the only ones whose parents have appeared are Yayoi, Daigo and Souji.

Torin, be human some more.
Sometimes it confuses me too...why did Toei give more episodes to series that wasn't making a big return be it in ratings or toy sales while at the same time give fewer episodes to series that was generally a big hit in ratings or toy sales? okay Gokaiger is an exception...

Yayoi only have her grandfather appeared and King's mom is still in question of her status. Besides King's mom, I also wonder why they didn't push for an episode explaining why Yayoi's parents is ignoring their daughter much? You can see that Dr. Ulshade took her in from an early time since she was like 5 -7. maybe a simple explanation would suffice given that episode introducing Yayoi as Violet isn't generally well received...
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

This episode is definitely enjoyable, but bringing Souji's family drama into this stage of the series seems a weird timing. Obviously it was to solve Souji's emotional issue in order to master Trinity Straizer. Still, maybe it's better they had done this earlier.

As for Souji's Trinity Straizer, the wings are likely for display showing Souji has reached Torin's level, but is it really necessary? Torin really has wings, Souji doesn't, unless the wings or their powers are part of the technique, but Torin never used the wings are part of Trinity Straizer(they are mostly for show). They could have just used the green aura for Souji's Trinity Straizer.

I don't mean to question the translations, but Torin not being able to sense Deboss activities due to being in human form made from illusion magic sounds strange. The word illusion means distortion of reality, but it doesn't change reality, meaning Torin's only cloaked in human guise that his form hasn't actually changed, therefore his senses shouldn't be affected. Unless the magic itself blocked his senses, or logic is out of place in this part of the writing.

So we have 2 new Deboss members, who are likely to meant to cause more human happiness and sadness. To introduce these kind of characters at this stage, it probably means they are forcing Aigallon, Candelira and Luckyruo out of the Deboss Army.

Gold's rivalry with Dogold seems to reached a different level as Gold couldn't stand Dogold seemly giving up his pride, perhaps Ucchii has grown attached fighting Dogold and even developed some form of respect for him and hates seeing Dogold lowering himself.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

It's not Candelira's theme, it's the Deboss theme. She sings along to it, but you'll notice it plays in the very first episode when the Deboss are introduced, long before she ever appears and sings to that tune.

And hey, what the hell, Nobuharu is only 30! Why is he too old for his parents to be around?! >:(
question
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by question »

long time watcher first time poster I have watched your sentai subs since go-onger and rider subs since w. Just wanted to comment that this has become my favorite sentai. I wouldn't read to much into the length of kyoryuger it started Feb. 17 and the new season starts Feb. 16 sometimes that's just luck of the draw. I do accounting work and generally people that get a biweekly pay check can expect to get paid 26 times a year but once every 11 years or so because the days of the year fall in such a way that you get paid 27 times a year. unfortunately for Kyoruger they similarly get a shortened year.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I also notice that they don't seem to need Luckyuro's Restoration Water anymore; so Deboss can easily get rid of him.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Not a lot to comment on, but I liked the episode well enough. Started out seeming like filler but gave us good character development in regards to Endolf and Dogold, and then to the Deboss situation as a whole. Souji gets more development, which is nice, but this probably should have come a few episodes sooner. Also, Souji's "model" outfit has me thinking of Kurenai Wataru for some reason.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”