Deboss and Torin

ZyuRanger without the Jews
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Deboss and Torin

Post by DarkRobin »

Anyone ever felt interested in watching a confrontation between Deboos and Torin?

Deboss is basically a God-of-Destruction type villain who creates his army from his own cells. Which makes Chaos and Torin the Deboss army version of archangels Michael and Lucifer, and Chaos is always the most loyal son to their father, while Torin the traitor who rebelled against him. Of course, unlike the mythology of the Bible, Deboss is not the God that cares for creation, and Torin betrayed his father and family for good of beings he admires. Still he did betray, and been betraying his father, yet he always remain cold to that betrayal behind the determination such as "Deboss must be stopped," or "Earth and its people must be protected." Anyone wonders what would happen when Torin finally talks to his creator face to face?

Deboss army's greatest weapon and emotion against Kyouryuugers is resentment, the emotion represented by Endolf. It seems Torin is that source of that emotion, so that power may also represents the depth of resentment Deboss feel toward Torin.

Torin always acts as if he's filled with self-loathing or shame of being a creation of Deboss. I find that part of his character unlikable. Personally I hope Torin will say, "Father I love you, but I also love dinosaurs and humans, I won't like you destroy them!" Not any plain defiant, rebellious words.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Deboss and Torin

Post by Catastrophe »

Except its clear that his love of Earth and the various inhabitants made him realise that Deboss is an asshole, and would probably never say anything like that? To be honest, his self loathing for being Deboss kind of went out the window after his transformation into Silver.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Deboss and Torin

Post by DarkRobin »

Catastrophe wrote:Except its clear that his love of Earth and the various inhabitants made him realise that Deboss is an asshole, and would probably never say anything like that? To be honest, his self loathing for being Deboss kind of went out the window after his transformation into Silver.
Be that as it may, Deboss is still his creator, if not his father.

Destruction is Deboss's nature, so as amoral or wrong as it is, he's acting his role in the universe, something Torin rejected, like Lucifer. At least that the idea the series to giving us. Unless they establish Deboss's motives is as malicious as... entertainment, then it's a different story.

As for Torin's self-loathing, it seems he just ignored it more, it's hard to tell unless Chaos or someone else brings it up again.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”