ZyuRanger without the Jews
ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Kyouryuuger 46 released

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

Oh... How I hated this series when it started. The samba henshin, amy's foot thing, 3 part kyoryuu-oh... there were many things that annoyed me. But somewhere along the series, I started to like it. Their jokes started to sound funny; hell I started to find Nossan's puns funny. I don't know if it was the writing or me but watching this episode made me realize I'll miss Kyouryuuger, like I miss Gokaigers, Shinkengers or any sentai I enjoyed watching. This year was unexpectedly good and next sunday is the end of it sadly.

Anyway, nice resolution to IanXAigallon I would'vee never guessed that Aigallon would sacifice himself(ok preview spoiled it but before watching preview:P) Now Chaos managed to piss of Canderilla, the one he most feared. I really wonder what will happen:D
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Why is Ramirez eating ice cream in that drawing? That is ice cream right, アイス (ice)?

I'm a bit behind on Kyoryuger because I was out of town for the end of December and half of January, was there something in an episode I missed?
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

This indeed was a tearjerker episode and i admit i got teary eyed sitting thru Aigallons death. Aigallon's berserk mode being a effect of Chaos' magic makes some sense...I guess? i was pretty sure there was a good reason for what dantetsu did in the previous ep. Icerondo, you were of little use other than to wrap a long dormant subplot.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

The conservation with Amy and Daigo was one of the best conservations in the episode since they get to known one other for awhile. The parfait tidbit was a nice touch too. Luckyero and Candelira scene was nice too since neither of them to live with the humans since despite all of evil deeds they have done but they deserve a second chance. But Ian and Aigalion revenge part kinda downplayed to series of Aigalion repented for killing Ian's friend and finally when Ian wants to kill him, he shows mercy towards Aigailion. But still an excellent episode to watch as we get to the last confrontation with the big boss himself.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

About King X Amy, the thing that annoys me is that in Violets introduction arc, we got hints of Amy liking him, but then she realised she didn't. Seems slightly forced, but at the same time it was handled okay.

Also, Aigarons death shows how good of a writer Sanjo is. You can't help but feel sorry for him despite all the evil he's done. Also, Solid Bullet out of nowhere is always good.

Souji calling Feather Edge gives me real DaiZyujin vibes.

And we killed our own guy so he could go to hell to kill all your guys is pretty hardcore for what should be a goofy sentai season. Kyoryu never fails to exceed my expectations.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I really don't feel like the romance is forced, because all the characters involved are so immature and naive about it. That makes it work more for me than some overt spectacle where King and Amy are shouting "I love you"'s to each other.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

To be fair, Amy is the only girl Daigo's really had that much contact with in the past year. It would feel more forced if he suddenly had feelings for, say, Yayoi.

What I'm worried about is if Deboss really poses a convincing threat for the finale, considering how strong the heroes are in this series.
Vincearan
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Dreamy: Gokai Yellow
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Vincearan »

I feel really stupid now for not realizing that the chevalier's motifs are based on Wizard of Oz until Icerondo called Aigallon "tin man".

Other than that, I don't think there's anything for me to say that hasn't been said already, however I think Daigo still has a thing for Meeko from the movie, now that I've finally seen it. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, the character design said the main Deboss bad guys are based on the Wizard of Oz. I don't think Endolf or Chaos count. But D is based on Toto the dog, since he has a dog thing in his head or something.
Vincearan
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Dreamy: Gokai Yellow
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Vincearan »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, the character design said the main Deboss bad guys are based on the Wizard of Oz. I don't think Endolf or Chaos count. But D is based on Toto the dog, since he has a dog thing in his head or something.
I can sorta see D being based off of Toto, and yeah I'm not really sure where Endolf would fit but I guess Chaos can be the Wizard himself, or at least one of the wicked witches.
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

So, at the end, the "tin man" Aigallon found his heart :D .... Will Dogold get his bravery? :evil:

... a sudden sentai vision... Luckyero will become a manga writer or at least Love-tic manga assistant. :wink: ...
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I liked how King is all "we've gotten along since the start!" and then praised Amy for being the heart of the team, complete with flashbacks, and it's just hysterical to me because Amy is just the most dull, uninspiring actress on Super Sentai in ages. How would someone that boring and uncharismatic possibly manage to bring together a team of diverse people?
narya100
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Nadeshiko
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kyouryuu Theme
Quote: I will always stretch out my hand...
Type: INFP Healer

Post by narya100 »

Kyouryuuger is ending, and not with the whimper that I feel like the beginning would suggest, but with full on Gokaiger/Go-busters power straight to the finish. I don't understand peoples hatred of Busters either, but thats for another time. Having watched 47 already i have to be careful about what I say. I really love where this is building to. I don't feel like the Candelilla/Nossan romance is awkward. I look on his face during all of it and he just wants to be there for her. To be honest tho, as i remember it wasn't that big of a deal or wasn't touched on much that Aigaron was interested. (Maybe I just missed it. Honestly I really like the whole old man finally can be happy part of their relationship) Building into the brilliantness of the use of Deinosgrander to open his armor. Ian, you did the right thing, maybe Aigaron is even fighting beside Torin in hell. After all of the everything, its an interesting thought wether he is fighting against Torin or fighting with him. Honestly a well done episode. I loved it.
Completed Kamen Riders: Kiva, Den-O, Decade, Double, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Completed Sentai: Magiranger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyoryuger
Completed Other: Shougeki Gouraigan

Current Series: Tokkyuger, Gaim, Garo, Garo: Makai no Hana
Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Avatar by me.

Post by Dax »

I'm a Amy x Ucchii shipper, so to me that little sweet moment between Amy and King was and always will be a symbol of their eternal friendship.

Other than that, I think everything has been said. Sad end for Aigallon, a little sad for Candelira as well. We'll probably never see her and Nossan end up together either (yeah I ship those two as well, sue me).
Can't wait to see how the story ends, even though I'm sad to see the Kyouryuuger leave.
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

dancercotillion wrote:I liked how King is all "we've gotten along since the start!" and then praised Amy for being the heart of the team, complete with flashbacks, and it's just hysterical to me because Amy is just the most dull, uninspiring actress on Super Sentai in ages. How would someone that boring and uncharismatic possibly manage to bring together a team of diverse people?
You be surprised by that. Sometimes it's the boring person who can bring everyone together. I was rewatching the first episode of Little Busters with some friends who thought the main character was a bit boring and dull. The main character is the one who manages to keep the group together for the most part even though he isn't the most charismatic person in the group by far.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”