Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kyouryuuger 46 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_46

Wow, what a good King and Amy moment. Suck it, Amy x Ucchii shippers! But seriously though, that one conversation was better than any of the romance shit in Gouraigan. God that was awful and devoid of any humanity.

It's nice that Amy and Nossan responded to Luckyuro and Candelira, since they have the most developed relations in the series. Then it gets to Aigallon and Ian... then it gets awkward XD

Hey, Ian stole Candelira's flower. WTF.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: Kyouryuuger 46 released

Post by takenoko »

Just thinking about it, if Daigo is Gan Retsu Punch/Rock Burst Punch, maybe Fuu Retsu Punch should be Wind Burst Punch
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

The romance bit only bothers me because I don't feel like either character is well-suited to that sort of thing and it feels mad forced.

Really, the resolution of the Ian-Aigallon thing was done really well considering they put that on the backburner a long time ago and both of them have had really downplayed roles since. Ian killing Icerondo with Aigallon's axe with the intense bgm playing might be the most badass fucking thing in this series, for sure.

I'd be super uncomfortable if I were Candelira. Your teammate confesses his love for you and dies for you, and then some other guy you like comforts you about it? You would think there'd be some awkward guilty feelings there or something.

Torin's return is great because they really set it up hard like an unreverseable end-all death. Sure, the reasoning's kind of a stretch, but it's cool to see him fly around hell punking fools.

Spoiler
There's obviously a lot of exciting things to catch a glimpse of in the next episode preview, but most importantly, is that Gentle throwing fucking haymakers and whooping ass holy shit yesss
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

Alright what Daigo said about the parfait having both pink and red in it was absolutely adorable... But it did feel a little off. I know that they have been hinting at a Daigo x Amy thing, but i don't agree with the logic that because they both like to kick ass they should end up together. Damn it Ucchii don't you dare die and let Daigo get your girl! (。-`ω´-)

Ian and Aigallon's ending was astonishingly badass! Killing Icerondo with Aigallon's ax was a nice touch, and will definitely be one of the more memorable moments of this series. And Candelira's situation with Aigallon and Nossan wouldn't be entirely unusual if they were in a shojo manga.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

That was a very satisfying episode. I'm Impressed at how many plot points they addressed (and essentially wrapped up) in this episode - Aigallon’s berserk mode, eliminating one of the new Chevaliers, Candelira and Luckyuro’s complete defection from Deboss, the reason behind Dantetsu’s actions last episode, the instructions provided by the Earth's melody, Torin’s death...even a couple romantic moments between Daigo/Amy and Nossan/Candelira depending on how you want to interpret things. And aside from the Daigo/Amy moment, the execution of which has always felt a little awkward, everything fit together very smoothly.

In the end, Aigallon got his redemption moment by protecting Candelira. Despite what he said, I think actions speak louder than words and Ian ultimately forgave Aigallon enough that he was willing to show mercy to set his soul free. Icerondo - we hardly knew thee, but your death will be remembered fondly. Just when you think that Icerondo is going to shrug off the group attack, you get the awesome follow-up sequence of Aigallon's axe being wielded by Ian while his character song is in the background.

I doubt it's important in the big scheme of things, but Gabutyra’s head flopping back down behind the mountain after Daigo said he didn’t need him was really funny.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

This episode is just awesome.

Let's start with the heroes' depression. Unlike in previous series, they aren't depressed simply because they're overwhelmed by an unbeatable enemy, they are depressed because they feel betrayed by Earth's itself. Souji gets so angry at it when Daigo said he didn't sense any malice from Earth's melody, as he feels the Earth has warrant Torin's death. Because if what Dantetsu said was true, then Earth has betrayed Torin, betrayed humanity, to save itself from destruction. What hope is there left when the very planet you're living on abandons you?

And then there's the Aigallon subplot, which is one the most memorable moments in this series. The interaction between Aigallon and Ian is really good. Aigallon's voice actor did a good job portraying the character in a bloody mess while retaining his goofy character. And we can see Ian's internal struggle of wanting to hate, but end up forgiving him, and in the end defeating Icerondo in Aigallon's place to protect Candelira. Ian dealing the final blow with Aigallon's axe, the one line lecture, and the walking away from the exploding Icerondo is probably one of the most badass scenes in this series. The show has invested enough in the villains that I actually care about his death scenes

Dantetsu's double-cross is predictable but well played. I'm actually impressed by how this series handle Torin's status as being part of Deboss. Aside from the obvious "turn him back to the dark side" thing, like in the body switching episode he can't be switched with Daigo and co., but he can be switched with a fellow Deboss member, giving Deboss the advantage. And in this episode, only a dead Deboss member can enter the Deboss Hell. So from the heroes side, only Torin can enter the Hell and wracked havoc from the inside. Torin being a Deboss member has been an disadvantage and gave the enemy an edge all through the series, but ultimately it is the trump card to bring about Deboss downfall
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Torin better say something like "I knew I was going to hell but you could have made it less painful, King." But him going to Hell to wreck havoc was a great twist.

I think Ian's actor did a great job with his confusion about his feelings towards Aigallon. Even I was confused to how to feel about it. Killing Icerondo with Aigallon's axe was fitting. Souji is not a cool guy since he watched the explosion as the others did not when they were walking away.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

While I enjoyed this episode, I do feel like the trope of characters not communicating for implausible reasons gets a little tired. It just feels terrible and Faizy when that happens.

I guess you can say, to fool one's enemy, first one must fool one's friends. Which is certainly true since Deboss and the rest had no idea about Dantetsu's plan till it was too late. I guess Dantetsu had to fight Daigo to keep the charade up. Okay, I guess talked myself into a reasonable explanation for the behavior.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

PHurricane wrote:I doubt it's important in the big scheme of things, but Gabutyra’s head flopping back down behind the mountain after Daigo said he didn’t need him was really funny.
Hahah oh my god yes
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I forgot to talk about Daigo and Amy. It's funny to me that you guys talk about how awkward the whole thing is but it makes sense to be like that. They aren't the best when dealing with romantic situations about themselves so when directly dealing with it, they are a bit awkward in the execution of the whole thing. So it isn't bad writing but actually good writing.
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

Sauce wrote:
PHurricane wrote:I doubt it's important in the big scheme of things, but Gabutyra’s head flopping back down behind the mountain after Daigo said he didn’t need him was really funny.
Hahah oh my god yes
If Gabutyra could talk:

G: King, you need Carnival?
D: Nope
G: OK then I'm just gonna take a nap.
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

I am a Shinkenger fan. For this I watch most eps with a Shinkenger lens. This one was written very well, but had so much more potential to be shown if only we had that 2 other eps to make this series 50 eps.

Daigo x Amy: Toei REALLY makes me feel like the Red-Pink ship is a forbidden desire all the creators love but cannot develop because of the times we live in. I started out as a very big Takeru x Mako shipper, and as I look back, there is also the Red Hawk and White Swan case (well she's a pink alternative) so i'm kinda wishfully happy. The Daigo-Souji tensions also, very Chiaki-Takeru like. Losing the leader, another Shinkenger thing.

I really like that Sanjo tried to do his best to show us a myriad of emotions, but because of the lack of time, I felt they were not well developed like Shinkenger's was (5 eps to the finale). Souji being passed the sword, and him using it makes me happy. The killing of Torin is also cool - like Harry Potter's planned killing. But because the emotions were not as well developed as I'd like, or because I didn't grow attached to anyone except a bit to Daigo, Amy and Souji, I didn't really feel much for Ucchi or Nossan's feelings, although Ian had a good scene, I wasn't as moved as I wanted to be.

So well, Kyouryuuger is wrapping up. Nothing I'd particularly dislike except for the annoying samba music and Doctor Ulshade's voice. The villains too didn't really appear too evil looking though they acted the part. But apart from that. no complaints. I'm not all shooing them off the screen, but like Go-Busters or Wizard, I wouldn't miss them. Looking forward to my dear Shinkenger team's ToQger already!
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

So that was the answer... Sending Torin to hell to wipe it out; he's certainly a one man army.

Gabutyra: Don't need me? Alright. *goes back to sleep*

Well, we got our answer to Aigallon's depression state. I was hoping for a decent answer to what happened, and how he survived that self-destruction. I liked him; he was one of those villains in Sentai you can't help but miss. Like Ferb said, 'A hero is a hero, but everyone loves a great villain,' and he will be remembered.

He brought back Amy's sudden feelings for Daigo? Now of all times?! ... Then again, she did say she wouldn't worry about something she didn't understand yet. Crisis like this tend to bring out emotions in people so I get she would speak up now, but I really hoped there would be more hints that properly lead up to it. They did it well with Akashi and Sakura, and could have made progress with Sousuke and Miu, so this pairing could have been done stronger.

But enough about that; the preview...
Spoiler
Next episode, I FREAKIN' CALLED IT IN EPISODE 40!! I KNEW IT!! Gray and Cyan trained replacements in secret, and they're exactly who I thought they'd be!
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well this episode ended up being a bit of a tearjerker (no Aigallon puns intended). The blasted teaser from the previous episode pretty much spoiled Aigallon's death, so I can't say it caught me by surprise, but regardless this episode handled the matter well enough to make the viewer generally feel bad about what had happened to Aigallon. Both with respect to his previous death and his latest death.

Which by the way, I'm glad Aigallon's seemingly random rampages weren't just fodder and actually had an important purpose. I had not been holding the writing of this series in very high regard, and while most of the earlier episodes are still rather scatterbrained, they've really pulled it together here.

On a side note, it never occurred to me until now that the tragic villain death is an outright Sentai trope. We've had a general die like this every year for years and years; Escape, Barizorg, Metal Alice, etc. So I suppose I should have seen this coming episodes ago.

Meanwhile I'm almost a bit disappointed that Torin's death and King Sr.'s betrayal was a rouse. We all knew it was coming, but it would have made the whole matter all the more spectacular if they had played it straight rather than making it a trick. On the other hand, Torin single-handedly rampaging through Deboss Hell has its own charm to it...
Phoenix512 wrote:I forgot to talk about Daigo and Amy. It's funny to me that you guys talk about how awkward the whole thing is but it makes sense to be like that. They aren't the best when dealing with romantic situations about themselves so when directly dealing with it, they are a bit awkward in the execution of the whole thing. So it isn't bad writing but actually good writing.
My thoughts exactly. Romance is absolutely awkward at times, as that's the nature of putting yourself out there. "Perfect" romance is a very fictional thing.
Sauce wrote:I'd be super uncomfortable if I were Candelira. Your teammate confesses his love for you and dies for you, and then some other guy you like comforts you about it? You would think there'd be some awkward guilty feelings there or something.
Clearly she has a thing for blue guys. :P
Last edited by ViRGE on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bowspearer
Go Go!
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by bowspearer »

At the end of episode 45 I felt empty, not because it was a terrible ep, but because everything turned on its head and the heroes were betrayed at every turn. But this episode has been amazing. I'd already seen the preview on facebook for episode 47, but I honestly had no idea how they were going to resolve Torin's death or Dansetsu's betrayal. Boy did I get one hell of an answer- although the line from Jay and Silent Bob of "I think George Lucas gonna sue somebody" comes strongly to mind with a couple of things.

The friction between the team which was only stopped because Torin's sword comforted everyone was a great "from beyond the grave" touch. Even better was the whole "Luke Skywalker" thing going on with Daigo wanting to confront Dansetsu to learn the truth - which took place at a time after his father had killed his mentor. It was interesting with Ucchi almost stopping him from gong too- Daigo bravely facing certain death; Ucchi facing the disstinct possibility of losing another Lord.

Call me a sap but I loved how they handled DaigoxAmy. Here you have 2 people who have had a thing (I count at least 2 stories which have involved Amy's jealousy alone when someone else has eyes for Daigo) but are hopeless at being romantic. Suddenly they're in a situation where they're going to suck at talking about their feelings, but this is the last chance they'll have. So what do they do? The brave thing and lay all their cards on the table. It was awkward and forced, but by the characters themselves and the situation they were now in. It was a great emotional touch- the first of many in this episode.

The interaction between Gabutyra and Daigo was great too and it really did show the bond the two have. Gabutyra ready to face death with Daigo, but respecting him enough to stay back out of the fight unless needed. What follows with what looks like fighting, but is in fact Dansetsu giving Daigo the earth's melody was also a brilliant piece of subterfuge here- even if Deboss turning on Dansetsu was pretty predictable after it.

I'd go onto what follows there, but I really do need to draw on an aside with Aigallon. It's been interesting with the Chevaliers. Two of the first 5 have stayed villains, but the other 3 have at this point at the least, become anti-heroes. Heck, Aigallon died a hero. His death and the way it was resolved with Ian, were incredibly moving. Aigallon discovering love, Ian discovering forgiveness- it was almost the perfect ending. The perfect ending of course came with what immediately followed, and Ian virtually singlehandedly taking down the newly created Chevalier of sorrow- and with Aigallon's axe.

You have to wonder what will happen to him as a spirit, and what happens to Candelira and Luckyru in the short term now they've rejected the Deboss army.

Of course what topped it and really left the episode finishing on a high was learning that the Earth wanted Torin killed as a Kyoryuger so that he could pull and Obi Wan. Wait did I say Obi Wan? Scratch that because unlike passive force ghosts, Torin is essentially Rambo meets crucified Christ- single-handedly destroying every single Deboss monster down in hell. Seeing Mad Torin go first was a nice, poetic touch.

You know, it's ironic. I started out forcing myself through the early episodes - the characters seems to have the flimsiest of pretexts for wanting to stay apart and there didn't seem to be that much depth there. Yet at this point, the series has not only grown on me to the point where I love it, but unless it massively stuffs up in the final 2 episodes, this will go down as on par with Gokaiger in terms of where it ranks with me as a series. I can't wait to see how the end of this amazing viewing journey ends.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”