Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kyouryuu 47 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_47

What? Why did Gentle do a sommersault?

Wow, no opening? It's not the last episode.

Oh, I was wondering why Yuuko had a gun.

LOL. I love how they can kill a million guys without suits when it's not important. But when it is, they get beat around.

Nice. Dual swords Souji and dual guns Ian.

Dogold helping Ucchii. Pretty amazing reversal.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Re: Kyouryuu 47 released

Post by Sauce »

Something tells me Yuuko hasn't had much Kyouryuu Change dance practice. It's really cool to see her become KyouryuuCyan but the whole thing makes it sort of disappointing that Tessai's descendant is played by, well, himself. Is this the first series that has two returning rangers as rangers, though?

Cool to see old man KyouryuuViolet show up again, but for a second I thought Yayoi wasn't going to show up... again. At least she's doing something important with Zyudenchi I guess.

Was really curious how they'd finish off Endolf after all his conniving, and I was satisfied. The Dogold stuff was really well done. Even though I feel like the number of episodes in a sentai series doesn't allow for enough buildup for all the things this one has going on, all the conclusions are well written enough here that it ends up not mattering anyway. On the subject of villains, Candelira and Luckyuro only have to survive one more episode for a happy ending, so that's great.

Spoiler
Why play it up like Utsusemimaru dies if they show him walking alive in the final ep preview? Hoping for something exciting! A big climax! A nice epilogue!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

I don't think Kyouryuuger would have a tragic end for Candelira and Luckyuro. It just wouldn't fit with the tone of the overall story. Plus Luckyuro is just off to the side going "Man, check this out." It really doesn't seem like they'll be in any danger since Deboss is focused on the Kyouryuugers.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I was disappointed at the "go on ahead while I hold them off" cliché used to split the main team up. Thankfully, the action sequences and individual resolutions helped redeem the episode.
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

I hope the split up roll call moments does not mean there won't be a helmetless roll call... I always enjoy those. This episode was overflowing with some great fight action. The moments with Ucchii and Dogold were really great and a fitting end to their story. And I am not going to lie, but I squealed with joy when Yuuko became KyouryuuCyan. As an illustrator I find it amusing that brother is RGB and sister is CMYK. It kind of worked that she hadn't mastered the dance, as she has been given somewhat of a battlefield promotion.

Question... Is that the male suit actors or former Reds dancing at the end of the credits... Wait looks like it is a mix of former Reds and their suit actors... I can identify Keiichi Wada, Kazuo Niibori, but I'm not sure about the other three. It's going to bug me until I figure it out.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Merisusa wrote:Question... Is that the male suit actors or former Reds dancing at the end of the credits... Wait looks like it is a mix of former Reds and their suit actors... I can identify Keiichi Wada, Kazuo Niibori, but I'm not sure about the other three. It's going to bug me until I figure it out.
<Macaroni> the actors of Ryuuranger, OhRed, Red Flash, Ninja Red and Kazuo Niibori,
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I may not be able to read Japanese, but I know what the credits look like from their formatting. When they started popping up on the screen before the recap even finished, I had to check the episode number because I can’t remember the last time the opening song was cut from a non-finale.

We got to check in with lots of people, didn’t we? It was nice to see Gentle period, but watching him take a hands-on approach to defending the city in Amy’s absence was pretty cool. As for Ramirez - given that the last we saw of him he was cooking breakfast for Nossan’s family, and in this episode he was on hand to defend Rika from Zourima attacking inside their house, and must have been training Yuuko to be his successor as Cyan - I’m convinced he’s been living with Nossan’s family since they pulled him out of that alleyway.

Souji and Ian...I could probably write a couple paragraphs about how much I enjoyed their breakout scene. Suffice to say, everything from the dialogue, the weapons, the music and the callbacks to earlier episodes had me grinning like a loon.

Not surprised in the least that Dogold turned on Endolf, but I was shocked to see Dogold not only ask Ucchii to help finish Endolf off, but to literally combine with Ucchii to do so. That was quite the method of bringing everything full circle

That probably takes the record as longest roll call - the core six take half an episode to finish, and that’s not even counting the auxiliary four who did their portion of the roll call before the CM break. I didn’t mind the team splitting up to hold off Deboss, but I thought it was an interesting choice considering how much this show has emphasized that they’re strongest when working side by side - as a sentai.

One thing about their counterattack strategy has me puzzled - they only had one shot with using Victory and Maximum to harmonize with the true melody of the Earth - but when they called on it, they didn’t even manage to destroy a single Zourima. Are we going to get a delayed reaction where everyone who survived the episode drops dead next episode because they got hit by the light in this episode?

Other thoughts:
-Yuuko wielding the Gaburevolver was an awesome moment. I really wish they hadn’t teased her transforming last week so that the full impact of her using in that scene could have been felt.
-One more Yuuko point - I love her line about being able to help out her brother because she’s in the jack-of-all-trades business
-In hindsight, the way Yayoi explained their strategy in the middle of the battlefield so that everyone - Chaos included - could hear it was kind of stupid
-Favorite visual of the episode: Minityra flying after the bikes into Frozen Castle.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

So all the original Chevaliers turn their backs on Deboss. Chaos must not have been paying them enough

Jokes aside, this series has done well in giving a fitting end to the villains and their conflicts with their adversaries. Last week we had Aigallon's redemption and Ian's struggle of forgiveness, and this week we have the conclusion to Dogold and Ucchii. It is interesting to note that Dogold used the same tactic that Endolf used against him - build up the anger and resentment silently and unleash it at the right moment.

Dogold and Ucchi have had a long history. They fought each other back in the Edo period, then Dogold possessed Ucchii for years, then Ucchii breaks out and they continued to fight each other till present. I don't think anyone is surprised by Dogold's betrayal of Endolf, but it's asking Ucchii to help him. They've been together so long that even though they are enemies, they've grown to know and respect each other. He wouldn't rely on Ucchii helping him if he didn't trust and know Ucchi well enough, because Ucchii could very well take advantage of the situation and just destroy both of them. It's a warrior's pride that connects the two, and there is some satisfying matter in seeing eternal enemies fighting together.

It's ironic that in the end, Dogold once again became Ucchii's armor, not to possess him but to protect him.

Interesting to note that Aigallon and Dogold did not explode like a normal monster when they died. Instead, they get to disappear into the light like a hero.

And whoever complained there was no dual sword wielding, here it is, and it's combined with dual gun wielding. Among all the rollcall in this episode, Souji and Ian is my favorite scene.

Oh, and it's clever that they skip the OP so they have more time for the actual contents, since a lot has happened in this episode and that extra 2 minutes does help.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Poor Ucchi. I can't believe he kicked the bucket! Or not... Maybe. Still, I'm so glad DoGold turned on his group thanks to his long time rival. Irritating, but it made me shed so many tears I kept smiling.

Can't believe I was right though; Tessai and Ramirez DID end up training replacements, and I knew Yuuko would become Cyan the moment she let loose that melody. Nice that Ayumi's returned to being a Sentai Senshi, and it fits well with her matching colors with big brother Nobuharu.
Last edited by Kamen_Rider_Shiki on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Please Ucchi, not Itchy. Please.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I was just thinking the other day "you know what? I can't remember the last time they used the freaking bikes."

seems they didn't forget them after all.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Great ep as usual. pretty predictable with Yuuko and Shinya being the new Cyan and Grey respectfully. does anybody else think the title is a little misleading?
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

Damn, I'm getting all sentimental. I really hate to see the Kyoryuugers go since it's been one of my favorite Sentai. Lots to love about this episode, but my favorite was probably the Ucchi-Dogold resolution. I just really like seeing long time rivals settling things, and that combined attack and being able to finish each other all came to a pretty damn satisfying conclusion. I do hope Ucchi's not dead though :( if ever, I guess he could join the last fight as a Spirit Ranger, but yeah, live Ucchi would still be preferable.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

I noticed a misspelling. When Nossan was shocked realizing he was the only one keeping the Kyoryuger a secret from his sister, the translation says Coudl instead of Could.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote:I noticed a misspelling. When Nossan was shocked realizing he was the only one keeping the Kyoryuger a secret from his sister, the translation says Coudl instead of Could.
Thanks. That shouldn't have been there but I'll pass it on.

@Yaiba Yep, thought the same. All of the original Chevaliers are not associated with Chaos anymore. Despite suffering different fates in the end, they all end up regretting what they did or at least regaining their dignity.
Behold the Emperor!

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”