Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Kyouryuu 48 released

Post by Arawynn »

This was a surprisingly entertaining season of sentai. Midway through it it got kinda boring...but the eps 40 onward were really good. The romance angle between King and Amy seemed a bit forced though. The story would have been alright without that pairing. The plot of the final few eps was well done. My fav character was Souji. All the cameos in the end were good too. All in all a fun season of sentai.

Thank you TVN for yet another year of great subs and effects. Looking forward to the new sentai!
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
SisTheWolf
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Enter
My boom: J-Horror
Quote: Takami o mezashite, manabi, kawaru!
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by SisTheWolf »

Finished. I really like the characters in this show. Thank you Tv-N :D
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I kinda felt like the romance with Daigo and Amy felt forced as well. I mean, I don't remember much signs of both of them having a crush on each other throughout the whole season. Or did I miss the hints? Oh yeah, I really thought Nossan was going to hook up Canderilla too. Maybe that will happen in the future as I did feel very bad for him during that one scene. I can't take death scenes seriously in Sentai or Kamen Rider anymore. No one really dies. Lol...And I was hoping for a cool final roll call but I guess we got in the previous episode.
FoxyChan
Gao
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Go-onger
Dreamy: Chiaki Tani
Favorite Band: lots of 'em
My boom: Shogo Suzuki

Post by FoxyChan »

I definitely felt like the Daigo and Amy romance was pushed into the viewers' faces like it was a pie. Aside from Amy's little jealous snit that seemed to come out of nowhere when Yayoi's crush on Daigo was revealed, there was practically no other teasing of a Daigo and Amy pairing. When Mikoto showed up, Yayoi was clearly upset and jealous, but Amy seemed almost indifferent. As for Daigo, he seemed to be equally fond of everyone around him. I also think that he and Mikoto definitely had serious chemistry. The signs were there in Brave 39; he was excited to see her when she came back to Japan, went all out to save her from D, and was beyond upset when Yayoi and Amy stole her away to go shopping with them. I never saw any favoritism from Daigo towards Amy in any form, and suddenly, we're to believe that he's liked her all this time? Please. *rolls eyes*

I really hoped that either Yayoi would finally get the guts to confess her feelings to Daigo in the end, or that Mikoto would be waiting for Daigo and that they would reunite happily. I mean, there was way more teasing of Daigo/Yayoi and especially Daigo/Mikoto in less than 5 episodes total than there was for Daigo and Amy (I dislike the pairing so much that I refuse to give it the "he/she" treatment) across the entire series. I would be way less hostile towards the Daigo and Amy pairing if it had been given some buildup, like Akashi and Sakura in Boukenger, but as it stands, I would have even been okay with Daigo ending up with no one in the end rather than pushed together with Amy.

I guess it might be touched on in that 100 Years Later movie, but for Nossan/Candelira to get some good teasing and then just be left up in the air when the series concludes... that's just wrong.
chronoxiong wrote:I kinda felt like the romance with Daigo and Amy felt forced as well. I mean, I don't remember much signs of both of them having a crush on each other throughout the whole season. Or did I miss the hints? Oh yeah, I really thought Nossan was going to hook up Canderilla too. Maybe that will happen in the future as I did feel very bad for him during that one scene. I can't take death scenes seriously in Sentai or Kamen Rider anymore. No one really dies. Lol...And I was hoping for a cool final roll call but I guess we got in the previous episode.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

There was buildup for the Akashi/Sakura relationship? I never noticed that when I watched Boukenger. So it seemed to come out of nowhere to me.

What's interesting in Kyouryuuger is that in he last two episodes, Daigo actually seems somewhat passionate towards Amy, which had not appeared in his previous interactions with her.
FoxyChan
Gao
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Go-onger
Dreamy: Chiaki Tani
Favorite Band: lots of 'em
My boom: Shogo Suzuki

Post by FoxyChan »

AxemYellow wrote:What's interesting in Kyouryuuger is that in he last two episodes, Daigo actually seems somewhat passionate towards Amy, which had not appeared in his previous interactions with her.
See, that's part of the problem for me; the only girl that Daigo had been previously shown to have had any sort of feelings for was Mikoto. Until it was just squeezed into the last two episodes, there wasn't a hint that Daigo had ever had romantic feelings towards Amy. If anything, he seemed to regard her as one of the guys, so that's why I see this 11th-hour pairing of him with Amy as a complete a$$ pull.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I disagree with that. They always threw in nods to it, but it always came out as kind of awkward and people would say it felt forced. It definitely came out stronger as Amy towards King, but I felt like it was also somewhat reciprocated?

It's been so long that I don't know if I remember any of the Sakura /Akashi stuff being hinted at before the end. Maybe once or twice for laughs, I imagine?
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Decent series... I really liked the enemies this time and Candelira and Luckyuro were my favorites characters. The main characters were really rare and forced in my opinion and the only one that I liked was Yayoi.

The Daigo x Amy relationship was forced and the end after Yayoi was the one that was interested in him since they met and specially that Daigo was more interested in Mikoto.

Daigo was a good red and probably the third best red since Marvelous and Takeru and even a better red than Hiromu.

Having a lot of characters was cool but they gave too little screen time and episodes to Cyan, Gray, Purple and the rest.

Overall a good series but inferior to Abaranger and Zyuranger sadly! Didn't like the whole dancing and singing thing and one more time only the red leader get an ultimate form (they are either way losing ideas or being lazy)
Final Vent!
Zony11
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Ucchi!
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: Kyoryu change!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zony11 »

I agree the Amy and Daigo pair was forced but i saw it coming. I mean he had to pick one of the three. Meeko got no screen time, Yayoi was too shy to confess anything. And Amy i saw it coming from the first episode when Daigo exclaimed to Ian that she is strong. We also have the little duet moment between the two when Torin was in the spirit base "dead"

Ucchi got no attention really during this episode. I mean he said two things the entire episode and he is the freaking sixth ranger!!!!! I am really happy though he didn't die because 1. Finally ended the dinosaur sixth ranger dying streak (includes Time Fire), 2. I mean who wants to kill someone in a dancing happy fun series????

Was it just me or when Ian was on that date at the end, the woman was Nakamura from Go-Busters????

Why didn't they go forward with Nossan and Candellira's relationship i mean that was pretty disappointing.

Overall this is possibly my favorite Super Sentai Series Ever. I loved the characters, and tbh i cried this episode and i rarely cry at anything. I can't wait to continue watching Toqger and to work on typesetting that series as my first ever typeset
*kalypso
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Rio
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by *kalypso »

FoxyChan wrote:
AxemYellow wrote:What's interesting in Kyouryuuger is that in he last two episodes, Daigo actually seems somewhat passionate towards Amy, which had not appeared in his previous interactions with her.
See, that's part of the problem for me; the only girl that Daigo had been previously shown to have had any sort of feelings for was Mikoto. Until it was just squeezed into the last two episodes, there wasn't a hint that Daigo had ever had romantic feelings towards Amy. If anything, he seemed to regard her as one of the guys, so that's why I see this 11th-hour pairing of him with Amy as a complete a$$ pull.
That is quite realistic though; Amy did what she had to as part of the team and then when things looked like they were coming to an end, she pulls her courage together and says 'hey, when this is over, let's go have a parfait', and Daigo's like 'oh wow, this is just occuring to me but okay, let's see where it goes'.

Besides, it's not like they can go back to normal lives and have anyone else understand this big thing they went through together. Meeko and Yayoi are the only other ones who can come close to having a chance of a surviving relationship with Daigo, who, let's face it, is something of a nomad and has a lot of issues. But Yayoi has already shown herself to be a little jealous of Amy, and that won't ever go away, and Meeko just wasn't there for the big dynamic changes that affected Daigo, while Amy was.
meljta
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai and Riders
Favorite Actor?: Junya Ikeda
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japon
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reings, yet by the blade of knights, maikind was given hope.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by meljta »

i like sow much this season!!! i know that Candelira was a good girl! well the romance between King and Amy?? i didn't expect that, maybe with Souji but king?
But it's ok...a wonderfull season.... not us much as Gokaiger of course!!!
Now i move forward to Ressha Sentai ToQger!!
Thanks TV-Nihon for everythig!!!!
We are the two-in-oneKamen Rider

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”