TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Re: Kyouryuu 48 released

Post by Uzur9 »

Just finished. I feel speech-less it was *dare* I say Amazing.... I see i wasn't the only one to be iffy when we first started I thought I would have been pushed away cause I wasn't fully feeling the whole samba-singing stuff but it all grew on me I thank Akiba for that.

Kyouryuu it was a nice fun ride sad to see it end ~ Hope TQ is as good
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

So it's ended. Quite neatly. Good. I'll never miss the characters. It's good he brought the 10 man team together and did so much to hold them together. But he's got this MAGICAL way of changing people around so much that the fun was gone - you always knew he'd turn any jerk around. Good old Shinkenger though, god knows how much people had to struggle to get one stubborn red to open up his heart, Mako especially. And that's where all the fun was, with uncertainty and all. This team was so homogeneously close that they lost a lot of dynamic. It is the hypothetical ideal Sentai, but that's no fun is it?

A crazy year with Samba dances and all, that craziness is fun, but it's all from Daigo. Becomes a bit irritating to hear peppy music before a fight, kills the mood for me. I prefer Mikoto's Dino Soul. Shinkenger's characterization all led back to Takeru, but came from so many varied sources, that was awesome.

Now Daigo x Amy. ABSOLUTELY RUSHED COME ON THIS IS LIKE MAGIRANGER RUSHED ROMANCE. I don't hate them, I think they look fine together. BUT couldn't it have been developed? Second thing. You officialize a weak relationship, but don't do anything for Shinkenger? I never said Takeru and Mako had to get together right away, just at least let him accept somebody for once as a start? Maybe this is me but I think Amy's too uninformed to have settled on Daigo, by comparison you can see how well Mako's planned her marriage life all the way from Act 4. Toei has proven an acceptance of romance on the most kiddy post-Goseiger series, but won't do that for the most adult Sentai in the decade? Come on, goodness. This makes Shinkenger's ending feel so much more wasted. He even only gave Mako a proper goodbye, accepting her final advice. By comparison… Saddening.

I wanted Jasmine to have fought more. Goodbye Dino Warriors, I'll be waiting for Team Shinken's new train ride with ToQger. Perhaps this is where we'll see the Biggest Bad. A train ride into space. GoGoV's Mecha homage!
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

The Amy x King thing was the only part that was weird for me. Unlike Akashi and Sakura that was sort of alluded to from the start, Amy only seemed to show interest these last few episodes and when Yaoi first appeared. Other than that though, really loved the finale. Lots of feels all over, and it seems like we have the plot for the Kyoryuuger V-Cinema or ToQger vs Kyoryuuger in a few months. I really liked seeing all the suit actors and VAs in the credits too. It really made me feel like the show was as special as I thought it was, and that everyone was really having a blast making it. Farewell Kyoryuugers! You will be greatly missed, but I wholeheartedly look forward to your return :)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Favourite Sentai easily. I've heard some people say they thought the last episode was kind of lack luster, but it helps to watch this and the previous in one single sitting (probably do a DC at some stage as well).

What I don't get is how that monster got into the Spirit Base. Did he just jump on Bragigas?
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Post by DekaBreak »

Catastrophe wrote:What I don't get is how that monster got into the Spirit Base. Did he just jump on Bragigas?
The dark melody, he's full of it. Chaos was too, that's how he entered in Brave 35. Same case here.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Oh shit, totally forgot about that.

Did enjoy the Happiness duo coming into the land of darkness and fucking with Chaos plan. Was kind of gutted there was no scene of Torin calling Daigo King though.
Aura Mask
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Maskman
2nd Favorite Series: Changeman

Post by Aura Mask »

Good riddance. This show was awful.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Please refrain from posting your thoughts on the series in this thread and keep it about episode 48. Talk about the series here.

viewtopic.php?f=204&t=14578
ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Alignment: Neutral

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

-Nossan's expression when holding Ucchi was heart shattering. That guy is hell of an actor.

-Earth's True Melody is the opening song of the show... Well I didn't like it but I can live with it.

-Well Earth didn't want Ucchi dead I guess

-I hated when Canderilla dissappeared on Nossan. Those two are meant to be together. Thet have to mention it in the Vs. Movie.

-This episode was somehow too Red centered, even for Sentai standarts.

-COMING IN PINK TO BATON PASS!!! THATS DISRESPECTFUL AND UNACCEPTABLE. This thing has been Red passing the torch to next Red. Coming in another color then switching back to red is inappropriate. Come in red or don't come at all.

See you until I come back to tell how bad is Toqger and how I hate the show. (If switching colors is a regular thing I will hate the show with my whole being and kill the guy who came up with the idea...)
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

A fine and fitting finale for Kyoryuger. I actually had a couple of tears at the King/Amy stuff; I think they make a good couple. I also found myself getting really engrossed in watching Nossan as he held the dead Ucchi in his arms (though do you notice that after he comes back to life, nobody makes any mention of it?)

So the true melody of the Earth is the theme song. Hey Kyoryugers, you've only had it as your Mobuckle's ringtone all season long!

Sad to say goodbye to them, at least for the time being. What better way to see them off than with a full-blown crowd dance though? (I'm sorry to say it but seeing Robert Baldwin/Ramirez jumping around to it did make me chuckle - the guy was certainly game though! :lol: )

I think this episode will also win the show's "most questionable lesson to teach the children watching" award. Yes kids, it is TOTALLY okay to accept sweets from dodgy-looking strangers and then go off with them... :shock:
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This episode was nice. A way to end a peppy series with a somewhat somber moment that turns exciting upon hearing the roars of your comrades.

That aside, kind of sad that Torin had to die for real.

Also, I was wondering where those two went to. Would explain why we have seen Cyan and Grey for a while. They were prepping their successors for the Brave Soul.

And even the Doctor showed up for the Finale. So, let's see, with Doctor, Torin, Ramirez, and Tessai, there were 14 different Rangers. That's a lot and the suit actors are really good at expressing personality.

Speaking of expressions: Daigo when facing off with Deboss, that was a pretty badass line before shooting him down. Loved how Deboss tried to play the "If I go down, you'll die too!" card, but that kind of bluff doesn't affect one of, if not THE most reckless Red Ranger I've seen. And I've seen 10 series and all the Reds have been pretty insane.

On the note of Reds: ToQger 1 showing up as Pink and boggling Daigo's head was pretty funny. If that is any indication on his personality, Ressha Sentai ToQger is going to be fun.
TAKBonez
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Luka Milfy
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: Punk & Crust
Quote: Hime hime hime, suki suki daisuki, hime hime
Type: ESFP Performer

Post by TAKBonez »

So glad Canderilla helped to defeat Chaos.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Wow, really rushed...heck the big boss didn't have a chance to grow big eventhough he said that form is more suited to battle human. AmyxDaigo felt rushed too considering they brought in this back like 2 or 3 episodes ago. Glad to see Yayoi finally piloting PlezuOh by herself at last(her grandpa doesn't count since he literally give Yayoi full control of PlezuOh totally)

I hate Kyouryuuger now. for ending. It makes me kinda sceptic towards its successor, not to mention its successor's writer is the one who wrote Go-Buster which nearly makes me lose hope to keep track with Sentai. Okay now I love Kyouryuu back. Good job Riku Sanjou. 1 whole series done by yourself is a big feat nowadays.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Congratulations on another show down. And now for the crappier series! As has been the bi-yearly tradition since go-onger. Have fun with that.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Aura Mask wrote:Good riddance. This show was awful.
And yet you watched every episode, right? Stewing in your hatred all year, downloading every episode, screaming invective at the screen with every VAMOLA?

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”