Is this show worth a watch?

ZyuRanger without the Jews
rizefall
Swedish Meatball
Alignment: Neutral Good

Is this show worth a watch?

Post by rizefall »

I want to watch it mostly cause of the Dinosaur motif but i'm not so sure it that's enough anymore. I would just like to ask you guys why you think it's good or bad and if it's worth a watch in your opinion or not.

How are the storylines? How are the fights? Powers?

EDIT: Do they meet any of the old "Dino rangers" in some special?
"Lady Luck is smilin"
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Re: Is this show worth a watch?

Post by Mandalori »

This show can be silly at a time, at first it can seems boring, but like Gaim, it speed up early and except for some things where it can slow down, it's still a surprising show, even when reading spoilers.
I would even say that spoilers make me want to watch it even more, and not only for this show, but for others show as well, but it just me.

We got 10 Rangers, the sixth is introduced are early as eps 10, a link to the movie's plot (which is exceptional as recently "movie-related" episodes tend to just showing the mechas from the movie).
I agree that the Daigo/Amy romance at the end was kind of forced, even though there were some hint of it during Violet's arc. We also got Yayoi as a second Violet, even though we could wish she would transform and fight more, she's still a fairly recurring character for an extra.

Also, most of characters related to the Kyoryuger are previous Toku's actor, and a lot of Toku guest.

The Deboss commander are likeable, which is why some of them go through a Heel Face Turn, and even a romance between enemies. Also, the songs are really good, and I'm not talking only about ending, opening and fighting song, but also Candelira's and Dino Soul.

The fight can even make the Gokaiger not so showy sometimes, which is saying a lot.

So yeah, I would say Kyoryuger is a show worth to watch.

And yeah, the meet the others Dino Rangers during the crossover with Go-Buster.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, it's pretty good. It's a fun show and they do a lot of things that made the series enjoyable.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Definitely worth the watch. Almost every episode will contribute to the core story in some way (there doesn't feel like there is that much 'filler' compared to normal sentai). It does have a slightly silly tone to it, but it does get serious and has awesome moments every episode. Props for being one of the only series that explains pretty much every little detail in it.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

You'd be better off watching Abaranger.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Have fun with HK subs then.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I didn't really care for Aba that much. Kyou was more entertaining to me
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Abarangers, outside of Abarekiller, just felt too off the wall goofball for the serious moments in the show. Like, whole episodes where they're helping find a cartoon character's son without even address that one's a cartoon character, another is a live action actor, and yet they both know each other. Was a bit much a times.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

That only happened once... (though yes, I do agree that the comedy got too ridiculous at times; sometimes, I could deal with it but then you got to Yoshio Urasawa's guest episodes and, urgh).

But, focusing on that ignores the real meat of the show. You have Asuka forcing his way through tons of crap to bring his family back together after Dezumo-too long a name frakked it up, you have Ryouga trying to be a father figure to Mai/his rivalry with yes, Abarekiller (whose arc really went downhill, imo), etc. It's a really good show that more people need to watch, however so!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

rizefall wrote:if it's worth a watch in your opinion or not.
Let me answer your question via interpretive samba.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Kyoryuuger is a mixed bag for most. The main problem most fans have with it is King, who either knows the answer before anyone else, has the plot centered around him more than anyone else, or just steals the focus of the show more than anyone else.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

rizefall wrote:I want to watch it mostly cause of the Dinosaur motif but i'm not so sure it that's enough anymore. I would just like to ask you guys why you think it's good or bad and if it's worth a watch in your opinion or not.

How are the storylines? How are the fights? Powers?

EDIT: Do they meet any of the old "Dino rangers" in some special?
Well on the contrary, I didn't feel like watching it because of the Dinosaur theme. Dinosaurs seem kinda a very old and unoriginal concept. Also the sambal music theme or whatever it was also looked silly in Gokaiger vs Gobusters. Well that doesn't mean I don't want to watch it, I'll watch it after I'm finished with Timeranger to Goseiger :)
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

FangTrigger wrote:King, who either knows the answer before anyone else, has the plot centered around him more than anyone else, or just steals the focus of the show more than anyone else.
He's the Red Ranger, and you've described virtually every Sentai by that logic.
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by kikaida »

If you like to smile and you like high-energy - yes. It's worth the watch. Sambasaurs made me smile or laugh in just about every episode. That's part of what made the show great. If you want seriousness and darkness and depression and tears then - no. Although we do see some of "that" toward the end of the series.
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

dancercotillion wrote:
FangTrigger wrote:King, who either knows the answer before anyone else, has the plot centered around him more than anyone else, or just steals the focus of the show more than anyone else.
He's the Red Ranger, and you've described virtually every Sentai by that logic.
Not true. In past seasons, even ones that started off Red-Centric always gave some time for the other members to grow. With Kyouryuuger, King was literally the focal point of everything. Even Shinkenger didn't pour that much emphases on Takeru. His secret, yes, but not him.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”