Dreamy: Hikari Netto/Kyouhei
Favorite Actor?: Milla Jovovich
Favorite Band: I have too many atm
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Greyskyshippinh
Quote: Squadala, we're off!!!!!

Re: Kyouryuuger VS Go-Busters movie released

Post by bobgoesw00t »

I thought this was pretty good overall. I loved all the suttle references to some of the sentai teams between Zyuranger and Kyoryuger, mainly Sandayu from Kakuranger appearing out of nowhere. On a personal side note, Geki and Ryoga's actors look quite good for their age and seeing Geki do the para para dance during the ending credits was really awkward..... I can understand why DragonRanger and AbareKiller didn't show up during the movie, seeing as how both of their characters are in the Sentai Purgatory, but I AbareBlack should have made a small appearance towards the end with Yukito and Ranru. As for weapons and mecha, I though we were done with epic clusterfuck equipment after Samurai Ha-Oh, but it looks like I was wrong. We now have an combined bazooka that just broke the epic clusterfuck record, at least in my opinion. I also found the music that was playing when the ToQgers came out to be quite fitting considering how campy it is. Overall, I enjoyed this epic partial trip down memory lane. So many memories of watch MMPR (never got around to finishing Zyuranger, and I don't know if I ever will sadly Q_Q) and Abaranger with a hint of Kakuranger. Sadly deep down, I wish they had included DragonRanger, AbareBlack and AbareKiller...mostly Mikoto, HE'S SUCH A BAD ASS!!!! :3
DERP DER HERPITY DERP
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

At least we got Jin back, even for a short while.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

ViRGE wrote:Granted, thin plots are something of a staple of Sentai movies since they're just action movies, but Kyouryuuger VS Go-Busters was even thinner than usual.
The GoGoV movie would like to have a few words with you.
Jigoku_Eternal
Favorite series: All Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Rikako Sakata
Favorite Actor?: Kenji Matsuda
Alignment: Lawful Good
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Jigoku_Eternal »

Good movie. But very sad when the Kyouryuugers are attacking their dinosaur friends. :(
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Perhaps this would have worked better as a special cross-over between the three dinosaur teams without the Go-Busters, oh well...

Also, who is who in the hundred years after commercial? I really cannot tell who were wearing the 00 and 9 jackets...

Edit: How did I forget? Enter sure is having a lot of fun dancing with the others.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Jigoku_Eternal wrote:Good movie. But very sad when the Kyouryuugers are attacking their dinosaur friends. :(
Maybe I'm just a piece of shit. But that scene had me giggling. People engaging in fisticuffs with animals is always amusing. And Nobuhara's reaction was amazing.

Good to see the Go-Busters again. Maybe I'll do a rewatch. Seeing enter go Dark Buster was actually my favorite part of the movie.
Take, I forgot how come Enter shouldn't have Dark Buster powers at this point?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

O-only one use of the Jin program?! D:

I'm glad the Kyouryuugers weren't just faking being evil. Mind control is preferable to that kind of stupidity. Didn't Gokaiger do that plot twice?

Ian's evil costume was just how he looks after a mean Saturday night drinking. Dishevelled hair, jacket not done up... all he needed was a missing shoe and a ticket to AKB48 he doesn't remember attending.

Oh, man, Utsusemimaru sitting on a pteranodon and just slapping its head with his sword was hilariously dumb.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

dancercotillion wrote: Oh, man, Utsusemimaru sitting on a pteranodon and just slapping its head with his sword was hilariously dumb.
Lmao. I'm not sure how Pteragordon is still alive. Utsusemimaru was chopping the fuck outta his neck.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Revorse wrote:Good to see the Go-Busters again. Maybe I'll do a rewatch. Seeing enter go Dark Buster was actually my favorite part of the movie.
Take, I forgot how come Enter shouldn't have Dark Buster powers at this point?
Because that Enter was in the card from Hiromu's eye. I guess that Enter could have had this backup, but it's pretty silly if there isn't some limit to what back ups are left.
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

Well, we get to see Ami in a schoolgirl outfit. And more Escape! I'm always happy to see Escape. Gonna focus on those positives for a minute.

OK, so other than that, this movie is pretty terrible. I kinda wish Toei would drop the VS movies for a while and use the budget to improve the summer movies instead.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Or maybe make the summer movie a VS. Something nice would be the summer movie being a crossover between the year's Super Sentai and the year's Kamen Rider. They already make both movie a double ticket (or whatever they call that), so why not?
narya100
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Nadeshiko
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kyouryuu Theme
Quote: I will always stretch out my hand...
Type: INFP Healer

Post by narya100 »

This is my second time watching this, I must admit i got a little impatient. Sadly having read everyones posts and looking over my own, my complaints are all there. Something I wrote in my facebook review that i agree with even now is that this should have been one or the other as a team up should go. Either Go-Busters, or as cleverly stated "Dino orgy." It bothered me that one of my favorite sentai teams would be sidelined and barely fight their own villains. This probably will never be my favorite team-up. Its disappointing. After the great ending that Kyoryuuger had, I feel like this is a let down. Hell, after the great ending Busters had this really is a let down. Missing characters, missing rangers, (dead ones not withstanding, looking at you Dragon Ranger and AbareKiller) Kyoryu Cyan and Grey dont get the pass this time. Its their series. I guess for me I wanted a team up of my favorite teams. The dinosaur stuff is great, should have been its own movie. As for the end of the tag with the Tokkyugers, (I will personally never spell it with the stupid q, capital or other wise,) not even worth my time. Just bad. As a whole, very meh for me. I never watched Zyuranger or Abaranger, so for me the cameos are fine they are, but they;re the wrong actors for my addle-minded power rangers watching boy brain. (I had too much of that as a kid.) I'll wait for 100 years after before I really feel like the movies for this series are a wash. But after Gokai vs Go-Bus, this is not as good. Heres hoping Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Sentai will be a better team up. Who knows den liner with other trains sounds like a blast.
Completed Kamen Riders: Kiva, Den-O, Decade, Double, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Completed Sentai: Magiranger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyoryuger
Completed Other: Shougeki Gouraigan

Current Series: Tokkyuger, Gaim, Garo, Garo: Makai no Hana
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

It was a fairly entertaining film. It really seemed like they tried to squeeze too many characters in. My only real issue with it was the it was pretty jarring that they didn't bother to make an attempt to recreate the old cockpits. It couldn't have been that hard.

Geki has really not aged all that well.

The Toqgers should just not have been included. It didn't add anything to the plot and just didn't seem necessary.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Meh, Geki looks fine. He's a 40-something dude with a little pudge to him, but that's understandable. Goushi looked hella rough when we saw him last. Mei's voice sounded really, really forced and painful; it makes sense considering she's now a 40-something woman and pitching her voice up that high is probably not very easy anymore.

I feel like the DaiZyuJin suit was either newish or very heavily refurbished. It looked really good in what little we saw, while looking old and broke down in Gokaiger and just kind of cheap in Zyuranger itself.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'm pretty sure those were just random people and not the original actors...

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”