Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Korean kyouryuuger??

Post by Sinkuu »

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Korean kyouryuuger??

Post by Catastrophe »

Kyouryuger dubbed as Dino Force in Korea was apparently a really big deal, selling a shit tonne of toys. Probably want a sequel to capitalise on that.

There where some images that circulated a few months ago of modified Kyouryu costumes, turns out this is what they were for.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Power Rangers Lightning Zords?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They've redone the mecha as well. Some are lame repaints, but the rangers weapons have been switched around, so the mecha reflect this.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm a bit surprised by the tepid feedback here. I think this looks neat.

We've never had something like this before. Toei filmed new material as Zyu2 for Power Rangers way back when, but that was just meant to be spliced up as part of the usual adaptation process. What they're doing for South Korea is a whole sequel series, filmed in Japan like a Sentai but with foreign actors. And it even includes a new robo, physical suit and all.

It'll be really interesting to see where this goes. If this is another one-off effort like Zyu2, or if this second series aspect becomes a permanent tradition.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Not Japanese, no counto.

But seriously... I dunno, I like a story that has a good plot progression and a definite end. I think spin-offs for spin-off sakes is bad and I'm not a big fan of Toei's current method of over saturating their toku market with stories cut up into half-baked stories that usually aren't worth watching. (Maybe I'm bitter because I just the last day doing a bunch of them for QC?)

If it's good, that's awesome. I'm just super skeptical.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So apparently this is getting a simultaneous release in Japan, though it's not clear if it's a sub or a dub: http://www.toei.co.jp/release/tv/1209333_963.html

In which case, is there any chance of TVN picking this up? I know you've already got your plate full with the weeklies, especially with KR Amazons also starting back up that month.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

There is a sub *and* a dub. We'll be doing the dub since I don't feel comfortable translating from a translation. Korean > Japanese > English is going to cause errors.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:There is a sub *and* a dub. We'll be doing the dub since I don't feel comfortable translating from a translation. Korean > Japanese > English is going to cause errors.
Interesting. What would be the difference? I guess I'd assume the dub is just the subs read aloud...

Anyhow, thanks for picking this up. One way or another it should prove interesting. :shock:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote:
Lunagel wrote:There is a sub *and* a dub. We'll be doing the dub since I don't feel comfortable translating from a translation. Korean > Japanese > English is going to cause errors.
Interesting. What would be the difference? I guess I'd assume the dub is just the subs read aloud...

Anyhow, thanks for picking this up. One way or another it should prove interesting. :shock:

I mean, it depends on the distributor. Dubs don't necessarily always go exactly literal with the translations so sometimes they can be quite different. We'll get at least one version of this out though.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Sakamoto will be directing this, apparently
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

njb wrote:Sakamoto will be directing this, apparently
He's a good choice. Not only does he have oodles of experience directing Sentai adaptations (PR), but I think his over the top style will mesh well with this series.

(Also, if the new Pink is another kicker, you want a director that knows a thing or two about legs... :shock: )
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

ViRGE wrote:
njb wrote:Sakamoto will be directing this, apparently
He's a good choice. Not only does he have oodles of experience directing Sentai adaptations (PR), but I think his over the top style will mesh well with this series.

(Also, if the new Pink is another kicker, you want a director that knows a thing or two about legs... :shock: )
Main 5 + Gold Pic
Spoiler
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”