Total votes: 20
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuu Brave/Dino Force Brave 01 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Well, I liked that.

Sure it was short, and the introductions had about as much subtlety as a 4 year old whacking a square peg through a round hole, but it was pretty darn fun. And the shortness means we've got very little room for fluff so it's very concise. Wham, bam, thank you KyouryuuJin.

As I expected, the JP subtitles were dubtitles, so if you watch the dub, well, that's pretty much what the sub says. It lacks the nuance of the original language (and frankly I've always found JP subtitles a little spartan for my taste) so I'm interested to see the hopefully more accurate English to Korean subtitles.

Luckyuro sounds wayyy more girl-like in the Korean version. I called him a "he" the whole time through the original series so if the Korean version says he's actually a girl, I'm going to be very pissed they didn't make this clear in the first place.

Making a clean Korean raw with no Japanese subtitles was a little more difficult than I expected so I'd like to thank DaVinci030 for his hard work in splicing and overlaying the two videos so we got as clean a raw as possible (although the ED was a bit tricky so we may have fudged it a bit there)
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: Kyouryuu Brave/Dino Force Brave 01 Released

Post by SacredCultivator »

Hmmm I was entertained, although not too sure if anyone else sees the contrast between the arms and the rest of the suit to be a bit off-putting. As I know that threw me off a bit.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Not terrible, but seems pointless in a world where you can watch the original Kyouryuugers and have something more fleshed out. Completely shallow, the only thing worth watching was the dance at the end.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was enjoyable. Not amazing, but enjoyable. Luna is spot-on about the lack of subtlety, but the short format and the fact that we're only getting what, half as many episodes, means that there's little time for nuance. If only because there are toys to sell, I suppose.

Still, it captures the heart and soul of Kyouryuuger. The music, the fighting, the heroics. We're not going to get the depth of a full season Sentai (or even Power Rangers), but I'm very interested in seeing where this goes and what becomes of it. We've never had something like this before; never the half-length episodes and never something that isn't Sentai nor PR. The question is whether they can tell a unique story, or if we're going to retread Kyouryuuger the entire time.

Also, I frigging love the chainsaw sword! More please!:D

In terms of production, it's well done. Sakamoto is the right director for this, and while we don't have any of his signature wirework yet, the man does his action scenes well. An it's interesting (if a bit distracting) how Korean they try to make this. Swinging around a Korean road sign, all of the small Korean-language sign models in the mecha fight, etc. I also feel like they're overcompensating just a tad. This was filmed in Japan, wasn't it?
Lunagel wrote:Luckyuro sounds wayyy more girl-like in the Korean version. I called him a "he" the whole time through the original series so if the Korean version says he's actually a girl, I'm going to be very pissed they didn't make this clear in the first place.
Korea makes her a girl, Saban makes him a boy, and Japan is gender-ambiguous. We've done the whole circle now. I don't think anyone producing the show knows just what Lucky was/is supposed to be.

Holy smokes! You guys are doing both KOR and JPN encodes?! Luna, DaVinci, you're spoiling us.:o

Though you guys may want to explain this on the front page. It took me a minute to figure out why it seemed like the same torrents were on the tracker twice.

I have to say, I'm having a hard time picking between the two encodes. Both have their virtues and drawbacks. The KOR encode does seem a bit more nuanced in the dialog - though not immensely so - and we get to hear the actual voices of the actors. On the other hand, KOR's dub voices for the suited characters just isn't as good. The JPN encode just sounds right; Candy's VA was always one of the strong points of the series, and it's not Kyouryuuger without the screaming weapons and title cards. But then you have the obvious lip flap issue that comes from a dub.

Decisions, decisions.
Last edited by ViRGE on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, why didn't you combine the Japanese and Korean torrents, it seems silly to have 8 torrents out for the same episode.
Stuhix
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: Henshin!
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Stuhix »

Hi, first time using TV-Nihon, thanks for the subs guys but where is the download button?? i can't seem to find anywhere that suggests how i download? thanks
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Stuhix wrote:Hi, first time using TV-Nihon, thanks for the subs guys but where is the download button?? i can't seem to find anywhere that suggests how i download? thanks
Pick the torrent that best suits your needs. The KOR version is "Dino Force Brave", the JPN version is "Zyuden Sentai Kyouryuuger Brave". :)

http://tracker.tvnihon.com/index.php?category=105
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

We use bittorrent as the primary means of distributing the files. You can get the .torrent file, but you need a program to run it. I use an old version of utorrent before they got advertising heavy, but what works best for you might depend on what OS you use.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Oh, found what I think is a typo/missing word on the JPN encode.

4:00: You should be making [sure?]I don't steal the hearts of my babies instead.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote:Oh, found what I think is a typo/missing word on the JPN encode.

4:00: You should be making [sure?]I don't steal the hearts of my babies instead.
Eff
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I think I found another typo where at 4:28 it's "I don't know, but I have to keep the keep the citizens safe no matter what" using "keep the" twice in the korean version

As for the episode I think it's good so far, even after watching the raw of this several times to get an idea of what the hell is going on
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

I didn't realize this was fully legit. I saw Toei's logo in the credits.

wow.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:
ViRGE wrote:Oh, found what I think is a typo/missing word on the JPN encode.

Eff
:D <3
JuhyeokFan
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite Band: Cross Gene
My boom: Brave Gold Dino

Post by JuhyeokFan »

Hello, where and how to download the engsub? Is the sub only available on torrent type? I never use torrent before.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

JuhyeokFan wrote:Hello, where and how to download the engsub? Is the sub only available on torrent type? I never use torrent before.
Yes, TV-N only distributes through torrents.

The torrent file tells your software (Bittorrent, uTorrent, or others) where the file is, so that it can be downloaded.
I personally use Tixati for torrenting since it is ad-free and open-source: http://www.tixati.com
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”