Total votes: 8
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuuger/Dino Force Brave 03 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Last week's rating: 3.44 (9 votes)

Gee, I can't possibly tell who Juyong's long lost brother is because the foreshadowing is just TOO SUBTLE

Dear sound effect guy: fuck you
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: Kyouryuuger/Dino Force Brave 03 Released

Post by SacredCultivator »

Seeing the "original" translations, I see what you mean by the FU to the sound effect guy.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That was a pretty fun episode. I liked pink's Chun Li attacks.

I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but I'm puzzled as to why black and blue aren't switched. Blue would make more sense for the strong man guy who was a cop. And the playboy should be black like Ian, the playboy. Swapping them around when invoking the same types is confusing.

Don't be too mad about the lack of subtlety, the show is no frills, after all. Despite that, I was able to lose myself in these new characters this time. I kind of feel like pink's voice actress sounds too old for her though.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This wasn't as strong as the first two episodes, but it was entertaining enough. More so than the first two though, it does feel like it's moving through at a breakneck pace. The Rangers bonded in like 4 minutes. Still, there's something endearing about Pink shooting the playboy, and Blue buying off Lucky.

Also, there's something oddly satisfying about the clinking sound when Brave Kyouryuujin's arms are attached. It's this nice, heavy sound of metal being smashed together...
Lunagel wrote:Gee, I can't possibly tell who Juyong's long lost brother is because the foreshadowing is just TOO SUBTLE
It's Torin, right?
takenoko wrote:I kind of feel like pink's voice actress sounds too old for her though.
I wasn't going to say anything, but I agree. The rest of the voices sound right, but hers just sounds off somehow. You'd expect her voice to be a bit higher, or something.
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

takenoko wrote: I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but I'm puzzled as to why black and blue aren't switched. Blue would make more sense for the strong man guy who was a cop. And the playboy should be black like Ian, the playboy. Swapping them around when invoking the same types is confusing.
I was actually thinking watching this that I'm happy they swapped blue and black's personalities so they aren't exact duplicates of the original characters, but I can see your point. Particularly since when we first see them in episode they are wearing each others colors.

I'm not sure if you have a 13 minute show using nearly 3 minutes of it for recaps, previews and opening and closing credits is the best choice, but I guess they wanted to follow the standard sentai template.

They've done a better job of capturing the spirit of the original than power rangers ever does, which is nice. PR should stick closer to the original, it would be better stories and they would have to do less work to force the reused footage into their concept.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

bluegreen wrote:They've done a better job of capturing the spirit of the original than power rangers ever does, which is nice. PR should stick closer to the original, it would be better stories and they would have to do less work to force the reused footage into their concept.
That's a mixed bag. For one thing, Saban nowadays is nowhere near as good at this as Saban of the past.

As for sticking to the source, again mixed bag. In Space proved you don't need to stick close to the source to be good, but Turbo and Megaforce are the mirror of that. Time Force and Wild Force are both fairly similar to the originals and came out great; but then, you've got Samurai.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”