No votes

Total votes: 8
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuuger/Dino Force Brave 06 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Your typical "stoic dude who doesn't want to join the team but will eventually be forced into it just like that cute guy at the coffee shop who you have a crush on and haven't told but will someday be yours after you hit him over the head with a club and drag him back to your cave"

It's hitting all the tropes and it's hitting them hard.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kyouryuuger/Dino Force Brave 06 Released

Post by takenoko »

What do you mean there's no evidence that's your brother? They both have that scar on their neck.

Good water fight.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This series still hasn't done anything to amaze me, but at this point it seems to have found it's groove in terms of pacing and the story it wants to tell, so it's getting to be consistently entertaining. I can accept it for what it is - an experiment - and that it will never tell a deep story like a full length Sentai.

No real comments on the story this week. As Luna notes, Gold is playing the archetypal outsider. We all know how this ends, and with Brave's pace it'll end rather quickly.:P
takenoko wrote:What do you mean there's no evidence that's your brother? They both have that scar on their neck.
That's what I thought; both of them have the dinosaur mark. In which case they can't both be the Dinosaur King, I imagine? So if NeoDeboss thinks Gold is the King, then they're going to be in for a surprise...
takenoko wrote:Good water fight.
Agreed. And this is why I'm glad they went with Sakamoto for this series. I know he can be a bit polarizing around here, but the man knows his action scenes and can deliver something fun when he's given the opportunity.:) And since this series obviously isn't going to try to tell a big story, it's going to live or die by how well it can do action inside of 10 minutes.

BTW, I noticed that they're out of Boujinma now. Which means the rest of the robo fights are presumably going to have to be against monsters. Given that this show hasn't bothered to do a MOTW - rather it seems like it's going the front-loaded General route - I guess this means we're going to start killing off Generals next week?
Lunagel wrote:Your typical "stoic dude who doesn't want to join the team but will eventually be forced into it just like that cute guy at the coffee shop who you have a crush on and haven't told but will someday be yours after you hit him over the head with a club and drag him back to your cave"
I'm not sure how bail works in Japan, but Luna, you may want to start saving up for it now... :o

*quickly backs away, and then breaks out into a sprint*
JuhyeokFan
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite Band: Cross Gene
My boom: Brave Gold Dino

Post by JuhyeokFan »

Thank you for the sub. Can't wait for the next episode. Korean release has already reached episode 11. This show will end soon.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”