Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kyouryuuger/Dino Force Brave 10 Released

Post by takenoko »

Wait, you can't name the episode that and not kill off KyouryuuGold. How confusing!

I guess this is where the Kagemusha thing falls apart. If NeoDeboss were like some major threat or if KyouryuuRed were some weakling that needed hiding away (instead of being a gary stu) maybe it'd make sense for KyouryuuGold to do what he did? But as it is now, it just seems overly complicated and nonsensical.

A few fun fight moments. Always good to see the return of the Breaster attack, if only for the name.

For some reason (I don't know why) I couldn't help but think back fondly to Shinkenger. It'd be nice to return to a Sentai series where it felt like there were some stakes. When was the last time a Sentai villain felt actually menacing and competent? Enter from Go-Busters?
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Kyouryuuger/Dino Force Brave 10 Released

Post by ViRGE »

Another enjoyable episode. I thought we were going to get a triple commander kill in a single episode, but no such luck.

Random observation: the mecha CGI is still bad/basic for the most part. However the closing shot of Brave Gigant Kyouryuujin is oddly good. I had to stop for a second and make sure it wasn't some kind of recolor of a suit shot of Gigant from the original series.
takenoko wrote:Wait, you can't name the episode that and not kill off KyouryuuGold. How confusing!
Agreed. Not that I have anything against the character, but I was just waiting for him to die. Walking off is not the "farewell" I was expecting.
A few fun fight moments. Always good to see the return of the Breaster attack, if only for the name.
Well it is Japan... (and I'll just stop there)
For some reason (I don't know why) I couldn't help but think back fondly to Shinkenger. It'd be nice to return to a Sentai series where it felt like there were some stakes. When was the last time a Sentai villain felt actually menacing and competent? Enter from Go-Busters?
Oh I don't know. I'd argue that Emperor Zett from ToQger was extremely menacing, especially when he was in full-on kill mode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno. I'm not sure if I think of Zett as a bad guy. He always seemed misunderstood and moody. He'd probably just hang out with the Toqgers if the circumstances were different.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Did anyone else notice how red Juyong's eyes were? I don't know if it was due to irritation or exhaustion, but I found myself staring at them every time the camera focused on him.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Zerato wrote:Did anyone else notice how red Juyong's eyes were? I don't know if it was due to irritation or exhaustion, but I found myself staring at them every time the camera focused on him.
I noticed as well. I figured it was meant to be intentional since he did just get the stuffing knocked out of him. But now you have me questioning that assumption...

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”