Kamen Rider Gaim, What's Up With That?

Such a fruit
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Kamen Rider Gaim, What's Up With That?

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

locuas wrote:or they go the agito route and they follow their own paths only meeting sometimes when their stories cross
You know I really would love to see it more along those lines. Each week rotate through the characters stories, one week Gaim, the next week "Grape" dude, the next "Mellon" guy and so on. Especially
Spoiler
if they're planning on having seven riders anyway. That's one focus story a week,
with the occasional intertwine stories where we do see them working together. Here's an ideal...
Spoiler
The series climax could be having them all work together, to finally defeat "The Sinister Yggdrasil Corporation"
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:But the thing is
Spoiler
it's only going to be a total 7 maybe. :?
Unlike the 13 in Ryuki, which were dying left and right. :shock: My point is are they going to follow that playbook or are they going to have them start-off fighting each other. Only to later on team-up to take down that sinister Yggdrasil Corporation.
I don't think they're going to follow the Ryuki playbook. I feel like that this show is going to be light/funny compared to Wizard. I mean Wizard had its dark aspects but they threw in Shunpei and Beast in making it lighter a little. But I think they're going to have them fight each other first.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Wait, you think Wizard is dark?

Please, don't watch Blade or Kabuto. You might just drink yourself to death.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

OOOKaiser wrote:
Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:But the thing is
Spoiler
it's only going to be a total 7 maybe. :?
Unlike the 13 in Ryuki, which were dying left and right. :shock: My point is are they going to follow that playbook or are they going to have them start-off fighting each other. Only to later on team-up to take down that sinister Yggdrasil Corporation.
I don't think they're going to follow the Ryuki playbook. I feel like that this show is going to be light/funny compared to Wizard. I mean Wizard had its dark aspects but they threw in Shunpei and Beast in making it lighter a little. But I think they're going to have them fight each other first.
Yeah, I don't think it's going to be dark either. Especially with having a fruit theme and break dancing as part of the story. I don't think there fights would be about trying to kill the other person. But more so on just beating the other person up.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

One cannot assume how light or dark a series will be simply from the theme of that series, be it Kamen Rider or Super Sentai.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

I disagree, if the theme of the show is going to be about "fruits" and break-dancing crews. Then I think it's safe to say that it's not going to be a "Dark" type of series. I could be wrong but I doubt it, which Neo-Heisei series has been "Dark" after all. - None of them.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:I disagree, if the theme of the show is going to be about "fruits" and break-dancing crews. Then I think it's safe to say that it's not going to be a "Dark" type of series. I could be wrong but I doubt it, which Neo-Heisei series has been "Dark" after all. - None of them.
OOO was pretty dark at times, but yeah, none has been really dark. the issue here is urobuchi, whose style of writing is "have the characters go trough a lot of crap until the very end when something good finally happens to them" and "break the cutie", even if he tries to do a light series, it will probably be the darkest neo-heisei series so far.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

locuas wrote:OOO was pretty dark at times, but yeah, none has been really dark. the issue here is urobuchi, whose style of writing is "have the characters go trough a lot of crap until the very end when something good finally happens to them" and "break the cutie", even if he tries to do a light series, it will probably be the darkest neo-heisei series so far.
yeah....we'll find out in a couple of months how the series shall turn-out though. :|
UltimateCharge
Favorite series: Wizard/W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger/Dairanger
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto -swoon
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by UltimateCharge »

To just chime in with my view on the 'fruit theme' . . . at this point, I just hear something like this and think "great."

There was probably a time where this would have sent me insane, but I've grown to really appreciate over time the truly unique insanity that is both KR and Sentai whereby they just smash together any seemingly unrelated concepts and it somehow works.

There's a tiny part of my brain that switches on and thinks 'Wow!' (as KyoryuPink would say) when I hear about a new direction or addition to the shows that is just totally out-there.

I remember when i first watched Den-O and told some people about it. I remember saying "THESE CREATURES COME BACK IN TIME, RIGHT, AND THEY'RE MADE OF SAND AND THEY POSSESS YOU. AND THE MAIN HEROIC ONE LOOKS LIKE THE DEVIL (i.e. Momotaros) AND TRIES TO MUG PEOPLE WHEN HE POSSESSES THE MAIN CHARACTER WHO IS WEAK AS ANYTHING." At the time, it was just too much insanity all at once - but as the show went on, I ended up thinking "Yeah! This is fun and makes absolute sense! Go Imagin go!"

So having something as unrelated to combat as fruit - is just another total out-there idea as far as i'm concerned and I wouldn't want it any other way. x
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Just to give you an idea of the general impression of the target audience (young Japanese boy), I asked my students what they think of Gaim's design and coolness factor by showing them a poster from the magazines. Overall they think the design is pretty cool, and they like the other riders, but they were thrown off by the orange slice sword.
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTP Architect

Post by evel333 »

Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:Hey, does this means that the villains are going to be based-off of vegetables? Seeing that the heroes are based-off of fruits.
No. I say meat. Lots of horrible meat-themed monsters. Or at least the commanders and lieutenants will represent each of the major meat groups, like beef, pork, chicken, fish... maybe dog. (^_^) This will fit in perfectly with next year's Wizard reprise, what with all the beast chomping and donut eating that goes on.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Remember kids, eat your fruits! Since you've been eating donuts and putting mayo on your food for the last year, you must be very unhealthy now! So have your 2 servings of fruit everyday to keep the doc' away!

Honestly, I think the design's okay. I just don't like the bumps on his armor and the orange slice sword. I mean, if you were to just look at Gaim's silhouette, it's actually not bad. I do, however, wish they went with the more traditional red color though...
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Its good to see 4-5 Riders in the show Since Kabutohttp://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/ ... 612w8r.png
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

The show must called their title Kamen Rider or it sucks
Last edited by Lunagel on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary image
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

evel333 wrote:No. I say meat. Lots of horrible meat-themed monsters. Or at least the commanders and lieutenants will represent each of the major meat groups, like beef, pork, chicken, fish... maybe dog. (^_^)....
Yeah, I can see that happening. Vegetables tend to be the opposite of Fruits so that's why my thoughts lay with vegetables. It would be funny as hell to see a monster with drumsticks for arms. Or a monster with a hamburger shape body. :mrgreen:
Lunagel wrote:....but they were thrown off by the orange slice sword.
zeta_gundam wrote:....I just don't like the bumps on his armor and the orange slice sword....
Now the orange slice sword does seem odd. - Like a novelty or something. But it does fit with the over all theme of the character. :|

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”