Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Boukengers
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Re: Opinion - I expect Kamen Rider Gaim/Fruit Ninja to be go

Post by xshinox »

i hope Gaim is good. better than wizard at least.
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

How can a breakdancer Samourai with fruits on his heads and shoulders could be worse than a Wizard chasing phantoms ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Of course I expect it to be good. Until I see the end :)
But it could be bad... if you say that OOO is a bad series :p

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
KR_Karasu
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Dystopia Rising

Post by KR_Karasu »

Had to chime in on Highlander. The order is thus:

First movie (minus the very end) then TV series. That is canon.

2 is really considered not to exist at all, and 3 is really just a remake of one. The movies that come after the series are okay, except for The Source, which is awful.
Kamen Rider completed : Ryuki, Decade, Gaim
Super Sentai completed: Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, ToQger
Active: soon Ghost
Grendizer
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Boukenger
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: LASAGNA
Quote: Deadpool: My common sense is tingling

Post by Grendizer »

Kamen Rider Gaim will be great! :D

Unless it ends up being bad, in which case it will be...bad...
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Renigami wrote:Going by the trend of Post Decade Series,

Double - Good series
OOOs - Bad series
Fourze - Great series

Wizard - Bleh series (finished 45 episodes up to this point)
Gaim - "Should be Good" series

Despite how silly Grape Rider looks though, this should not change anything. Compared to Fourze (and the obscenely bright Meteor Storm), I would accept Fourze anyday.
What the hell is this! Fourze is a better series than OOOs? Are you freaking nuts.
I prefer "Hazelnut" if amongst classification of nuts. Hmmmmm hazelnut spread.

Reason for OOOs sucking?

Kougami LET the mayhem happen. His badly secured vault that housed mythical, alchemical, powerful medallions and Greeeds are in the same safekeep as "art" and "non-magical", typical art pieces? He purposely stored them not "Area 51" style, but in a museum manner.

Kougami runs research previously on medals and core medals, and Kamen Rider BIRTH!. It would be believed he has the capability to securely stored "evil sealed in a can".

Hina's hidden strength would have been very usefully written in in some places. Instead, they made her the damsel that did nothing as the episodes went on. And was bouncing at a (in my opinion) a love interest that went nowhere, and nowhere at all.

Ankh's emotional state stayed the same, even when he had the split being dilemma. He just stayed his course despite the scenario trying to give him some sympathy for a flawed co-protagonist approach. And by stayed his course, there was nothing dynamic to continue to make him interesting.

A description to a friend on how I think OOOs was developed...

Someone threw out the word greed being the motive of monsters of the week. Then someone tossed up as this being the all encompassing power-up. Then followed by coins, no scratch that - MEDALS! Vending machines and cans followed soon right after. The belt was designed as a blatant "only way" design for the coin concept. Somehow, it ties to alchemy as being the driving source of coin making, not sure how encompassing the desire and greed gave birth to differing personalities of the five main Greeeds. It is like a continuing train of thought in this process, adding more shiny in an uncreative/obvious manner as much as possible.

Birth, Like the "inside the helmet" view of both Date and Goto. Likewise their dispensary of gadgets. But BIRTH as a name? And even before when the term "Kamen Rider" was informally applied in canon, it was EMBLAZONED on the instruction manual as it being official (and later series STILL informally recognized the Kamen Rider term - other would be riders aren't refered as such until brought up by Fourze or Double in crossovers) - where it should have been labeled "BIRTH system, BIRTH being a cool acronym of sort.

Due to the ending (however retconned by the movie) the medals being in an inaccessable state, it would awkwardly put any cameo of OOOs in a time warp appearance. The first Double/OOOs movie crossover already broke any canon the series had.

The kamen-rider-versary episode was OFF in feeling. I felt that while there should be acknowledgement of a landmark episode, this is not how should it be done - in a blatant manner - in a series that tries to take the serious "Greed is bad" approach and combining it with too many light hearted elements to make it work.

I did however, like Date's appearance, his motive, and character. Goto is too stereotypical and bland - being the very best to protect everyone - motive. Sure it was cool to have them both as riders, but Date IS the better BIRTH.

Greeed CGI was WAAAAAY off even by Toei standards.

---

Fourze, in addition to having an outright interesting to follow main character, had a compliment of well used supporting cast. Meteor's backstory was not as strong as BIRTH's, but still fit well enough. Accel's backstory trumps them both.

Fourze had more motivating villains as well. Because each one, from the Monster of the week, to the mid boss bad guy, to the final boss, all had a good driving nature - unlike the Greeeds and to an extent Phantoms. (Gremilin actually got it right in DIRECTLY harming to NEARLY KILLING gates versus farting around with finding out their motives - and what should have happened all along but would dispel how weak using hope and despair as drivers for the cast)

Fourze was not hiding it's comedic undertones. IT WAS IT'S MODUS. But also had it's serious moments which are distinctly felt and portrayed it well.

Fourze also had two distinct bikes for both the main and secondary riders. Not much to say for OOOs which comes from the dispensers...
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

actually, Kougami WANTED the mayhem to happen.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

locuas wrote:actually, Kougami WANTED the mayhem to happen.
All for what now? At the end, there was not an inkling as to what Kougami achieved.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

I guess the hard concrete reason and links between my alternating "good" and "bad" determination lies in this.

Double - "Monsters of the Week" were human based, driven by humans
OOOs - "Monsters of the Week" were brought out of nowhere, not driven by anything but paper thin "Monster" motivations
Fourze - Same as Double.
Wizard - Same as OOOs.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

While I personally like Wizard, I rank it overall lowest. OOO was also amusing, but not as good as Double which was incredibly fun. Fourze ranks the highest though.

This Gaim looks interesting despite the theme.

But yeah, Gen Urobutcher writing a kids show? This I gotta see.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Renigami wrote:
locuas wrote:actually, Kougami WANTED the mayhem to happen.
All for what now? At the end, there was not an inkling as to what Kougami achieved.
long story short, to help humanity evolve, and to surpass his ancestor.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

lol, people don't seem to understand that Kougami is a villain and also an ally. He knowingly endangered the world in hopes of making humanity evolve throught he power of desire. That is why he unleashed the Greeed and at the same time supported OOO.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I thought Kougami, as a ball of desires himself, simply desired to see if it was the seemingly infinite power of desires that would bring humanity their evolution or if there was a power beyond desires, beyond infinite... *adds another frosting 0 to the infinity sign on the table, and slowly looks up to the sky beyond his window* ... OOO!
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

Ah ! Ah ! I'm getting more and more excited about what you are saying about Fourze (I'm currently at episode 16) and W. Really love OOO, especially the Medals quest, don't understand however the reasons why some people don't get it. But it seems that Fourze and W get better... can't wait !

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”