Such a fruit
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: KR Gaim 02 released

Post by Kogashi »

He could also be trying to keep track of the vision in his eyes... No wait that's when one wears their sunglasses at night.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Because Zangetsu is
Spoiler
Zangetsu from Bleach perhaps.. LOL just kidding.. Maybe he thinks he was cool when he put them on..
I wish more appearance for Riders for each episodes
the_imposter
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuranger
Favorite Band: Casting Crowns
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Maths
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by the_imposter »

I'll be honest and say I'm not 100% sold on Gaim yet but this episode was definitely entertaining. I guess I just want to flesh out a little bit more why all the dance battles keep happening like people have said but it could certainly be an interesting series with the different Riders in conflict if that's what they decide to go for (judging from the opening anyway)
Insert Witty Quote Here
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Ok, so the dance troupe thing is so they can tell a warring states-style story, got it. I liked that they're also setting it out like a superhero origin story, that's pretty cool.

But warring/dancing factions, sengoku period, monster world, giant evil corporation - after all that do you think of fruit? It's just so jarring with everything else going on.

I've thought of a whole way you could tell the same story with a different premise, but instead of fruit why not have more Inves variation and have the henshin item be a monster heart or something. When an Inves is killed it leaves behind a 'core' that can be used for dueling or, when used with a belt, to gain that Inves' traits as armour, Monster Hunter-style. Thematic, offers enough variation, and you don't have Riders fighting while looking like Carmen Miranda.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

If your only gripe is the fruit you'll just have to get used to it.

Note that the "it's a kids show" argument still works here because the series actually isn't made BY kids.

Just cos something's meant for kids doesn't mean kids go crazy over it. It just means that someone somewhere must have thought "kids will dig this" or "this is good for kids", or even "angry parents will never sue us if we do this".
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.

It's a good episode anyway but this is my opinion
Spoiler
I knew you guys doing a great jobs in translating and being my beloved fansub since Kabuto(even though I'm just joined the forums late august this year)
But sometimes don't late haters make you guys change your minds like they said "TV-N wasn't translated everything and leave it untranslated". But due to this shows using Sengoku theme so the Sengoku driver might using some Japanese words. Despite that I hope to read some untranslated like "Hanamichi" has it nice ring to it? I hope you guys do like you guys did in Den-o like "Ore Sanjou"... Anyway I still support your efforts and hopefully TV-N will never stop their work and keep continuing your good jobs.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

harpdevil wrote:Ok, so the dance troupe thing is so they can tell a warring states-style story, got it. I liked that they're also setting it out like a superhero origin story, that's pretty cool.

But warring/dancing factions, sengoku period, monster world, giant evil corporation - after all that do you think of fruit? It's just so jarring with everything else going on.
I read dance groups was indeed Urobuchi's idea, but the fruit theme was demanded by Bandai. At first they intended to use birds as inspiration for design, hence the presence of feathery details on the armors.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I think I realized what Kouta has over many other modern Riders. A haircut.

For a few years there, shit was getting out of control.

(You have no idea how hard it was not to put in Onodera instead of Godai just to troll people.)
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

dancercotillion wrote:I think I realized what Kouta has over many other modern Riders. A haircut.
It's probably because he's trying to act grown up and responsible.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

To be fair, Gentarou had a haircut.

It just wasn't necessarily a *good* haircut.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim

I hope he grew more just like Tsukasa in Decade, his haircut from short to longer( sometimes awful). Gentarou generally fair but soon as series running his hairstyle looks better. Let's hope Kouta not like Haruto whose maintained his hairstyle until end of series.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

The dance and inves battles are going to be here to the end of the series. If you guys believe they are the reason why you dislike the show I'm sorry.

Again I'm sure someone was looking at pictures of Sengoku period armor and was like... 'What if an Orange fell on his head' the whole boardroom laughed at the original idea and decided to go with it.

I'm sure one of the reasons I'm really enjoying this show is because I had to spend a semester researching the Sengoku period and enjoyed reading about all the generals and what they did. I'm finding myself connecting Gaim, Baron, and Zengestsu to the three Daimyo; Tokugawa, Oda, and Toyotomi.

This episode was great the next episode is going to be great.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Kuchiri wrote:Again I'm sure someone was looking at pictures of Sengoku period armor and was like... 'What if an Orange fell on his head' the whole boardroom laughed at the original idea and decided to go with it.
Not according to this Takebe interview:
HH: So that’s why their are based on different armors to give each and everyone their own personality.
Takebe: Exactly, we wanted to give them different things that would set them all apart. Like making some of them into insects, or even birds. Although, Bandai eventually came to us and said “Fruits“, that became the center theme we worked with. You can still see some bird features if you look carefully.

HH: Ah, so Bandai wanted you to incorporate the fruits into the toys that we now know as Arms Change.
Takebe: They liked what we did with Kamen Rider OOO, how everything could be easily swapped around. Gaim has a similar feel to that.

[..]

HH: Why an orange out of all fruits?
Takebe: We actually researched into what fruits were popular with the kids. Orange came out on top.

HH: Oranges, bananas, grapes and melons were the most popular then?
Takebe: More or less. We choose fruits that everyone knew for the main Riders. Melons are high commodity fruits too.
"We" being Bandai, that is.

Edit: As for the dancing, read this.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Just compelled to make this

Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Seems like a return to the silliness after a more-or-less serious year of Wizard (Shunpei's antics notwithstanding). As long as it doesn't reach the rock-bottom that Fourze did with its "comedy" I'll be fine. (Seriously, that "Hayabusa-kun" puppet and song still haunt my nightmares....)

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”