Favorite Band: L'arc en Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: "Where's our eccentric?"
"I'm right here!"
"No. I mean sempai."
"Oh."

Re: KR Gaim 02 released

Post by qedins »

i just wondered, is "In the spotlight on stage" the correct translation?

I mean, it sounds weird and don't make any sense in that kind of sentence.
It's been bothering me from ep 1
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

Dengar wrote:
jolly_old_saint wrote:Armored Trooper Neil Gaiman, you're pineappleposterous.
I hope to some day see you explain the origin of all those nicknames you keep thinking up.
If you know Neil Gaiman's style, that's not really far-fetched.

And that's the same clusterfuck feeling I'm getting, I think :|
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

qedins wrote:i just wondered, is "In the spotlight on stage" the correct translation?

I mean, it sounds weird and don't make any sense in that kind of sentence.
It's been bothering me from ep 1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanamichi

When directly translated, "hanamichi" literally means a sort of raised stage through the audience, which is why in episode 1 we had "path through the audience on stage". However, I recently talked with a native Japanese about this phrase, and he said that while it does refer to the stage itself, the focus of the word is on the fact that he's the center of attention. There's other stuff going on in the background on the main stage, but all of spotlight is on him, hence why we went with "spotlight" as the closest English we're probably going to get for a very Japanese term.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Darkwings wrote:If you know Neil Gaiman's style, that's not really far-fetched.

And that's the same clusterfuck feeling I'm getting, I think :|
Neil Gaiman is a real person? Now I have something to wiki.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Strangely the humor flows very well with the supposedly serious background occurence in this episode, something that I never felt during my Kabuto watch thus making Kabuto jarring to me. Hope Gaim will be able to keep staying fresh. AW YEAH PUN FTW.

The Orange Sparkling move is priceless =))

His first Rider Kick is for a sub form? What is this madness???

Not much going on in this episode. Just building up the cast. Kaito is your typical Jerk with a Heart of Gold. Kouta is your typical nice guy with a sense of humor. Inves, on the other hand, is the beastly type of kaijins we haven't seen in a while! Pretty sure many of us have gone tired of monsters with oddball getups and pretentious humanlike personalities ~_~

Priceless: Oneechan does not give a flying fruit for your superhero alter ego, keep the heck down! =))
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
CaptainTalon448
Adventure

Post by CaptainTalon448 »

Arigomi wrote:I wonder if random kids in trouble will end up being a running gag.
I don't believe that it will be a running gag more it's more like it will introduce each of the Rider's like "code." I mean we have Kouta whose whole thing is "don't give up on life" and now we have Kaito whose code seems to be "relying on your own strength"
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Calling it right now, There will be a Gaim Fanta commercial.

Two episodes in, and I still don't like the break dancing. Maybe it's just because I'm used to seeing flashy dance moves from the shows and movies that I saw, but everything I see here is just so.....basic.

Story-wise, the director is keeping his word and making this more like a Showa-era rider series. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

squashy wrote:His first Rider Kick is for a sub form? What is this madness???
Forget about Den-O? Or maybe you just never watched it.
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

Quick coments:

I lost myself with Kouta's eyebrow movements followed by that sound effects. It's so damn hilarious.

I really liked how Gaim have an actual motive to make the protagonist scream Henshin in a pose and all. Kinda like Fourze. And it makes sense he knows how to use the belt better now, since he was experimenting with him. Again, in Fourze, we had Kengo explaining to Gentarou how to use the Fourze System, so that's nice.

Hmm, Kouta? There's people suffering while you figure out how you should use your new power...

Oh, good, more giant monsters with terrible CG. I hope they forget about it fast.

I loved how the little detail of the enemy dying in pinapple slides, like the first monster dying in a sliced orange. That a neat detail.

Armored Rider? Not Kamen Rider? Weird... Well, I liked how they give them a name now, and with a much better reason tha Fourze, where it was just a forced cameo. Cool.

And why the heck Zangetsu is putting his sunglasses... during a rain... inside of a car?

Well, overall, it felt like another good episode, it really fished me up for more keeping up some mystery and creating others, while quickly developing a character or two without long, gloomily bad scenes like Wizard did all the freaking time. I'm really putting high hopes on this one. I hope they keep up the quality. And if it don't drop evenduring those "filler" episodes, it'll be a real miracle.
Gamer_Nikko
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: ORRE WA TENSAI DESU!

Post by Gamer_Nikko »

Phoenix512 wrote:It was nice seeing the scene at the beginning of Yggdrasill mining the Lock Seed which I notice that some of the workers had the Drivers on them.
It was stated in the kamen rider wiki page that "ripe" Lock Fruits will only turn to Lock Seeds if harvested by one wearing a Driver. The thing is, Yggdrasil employees who wear these "harvester" Drivers have no way of using the Seeds themselves, as it doesn't have the knife attachment to cut open the lock seed.

RIDER KICK!!!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Not only do the picker's drivers not have the knives it also doesn't have a Rider faceplate like both the first episode, as well as the toy ads, seem to suggest only Riders get.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Not much to say that hasn't probably been said to death by now. the episode was good, and I'm looking forward to more.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Dengar wrote:I hope to some day see you explain the origin of all those nicknames you keep thinking up.
If you must know: film, television, comic books, internet streams, games, a somewhat spoiled upbringing, narcissism, spite, love, back to spite, and ADD. Its a winning combination.

Oh, and the armored trooper thing was a reference to votoms. Which you should be aware of, since that show will soon devour us all with its numerous ovas.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

Galada wrote:And why the heck Zangetsu is putting his sunglasses... during a rain... inside of a car?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool
The only reason I can think of.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

and because he is a man n black. men in black have a rule that says they need sunglasses at anytime.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”