Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gaim 05 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_05

That flying Inves was clearly out of bounds!

The asymmetrical nature of the various arms is kind of nice, although in general I'm not a fan of asymmetrical costumes.

Time for a new song!

What? Is everyone a damn Rider in this series? This makes Ryuki's Rider introductions look restrained by comparison. Also, it really bothers me that a class B and class C Lockseed allows you to transform.

Speaking of which, I really get a Ryuki vibe when alternate Mai tells each of the Riders that they will fight till the very end. It wasn't so obvious when it was just Kouta, and I think Baron interrupted her before she said it for him, so it really struck out to me when she said it to Micchi.

I'm loving the plot point developments though. I'm so glad the formulaic stuff is gone.

Just realized that Micchi's nickname is like the word michi/path in Japanese. While his full name Mitsuzane means "fruit of light".

As a translator, I'm really loving Kaito's lines. Like him or hate him, he's a very smart guy who has a strong sense of conviction. Plus, he has clearly put a lot of thought into his beliefs. It's hard to not be drawn in by such magnetic charisma.

At the same time, there are so many ideas going on that it makes things a little bit trickier to translate than your standard show. It just requires a little more thought, since each of the characters are just a little more intellectual than your standard toku show. I mean, there's a real clash of ideology here. One of the amazing things about this show is the excellent characterization, which displays the each of the character's conviction so readily.

Also, Jounouchi throws out this line: 男子三日会わざれば刮目して見よ
It basically means "Look away, and boys will grow up before you know it." But apparently it's a quote from Lu Meng 呂蒙 from Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Literally, it means "If someone trains daily, if you don't see them for three days, you will see a difference."

So we've got Sengoku themed characters quoting Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Amazing.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Gaim 05 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Soon everyone and their Mom will become a Rider. You can be a Rider.

It was a bit amusing when Mai was saying that Micchi won't leave because Kouta is watching him and just thinking to myself that she has the right idea but wrong person. She is truly clueless that Micchi has feelings for her.

So I was trying to figure out which belt said "Come On" and "Soiryaa" when Guridon and Kurokage appeared which means one of them follows Gaim and the other Baron. Also they aren't considering Zangetsu an "Armored Rider" for some reason.

One more thing, on the TV-Asahi site, they listed Kouta's sister being affiliated with Yggdrasill. I wonder what this means in the future.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I reckon the one with the spear did the 'Soiryaa' sound, while the hammer one did 'Come On'. It seems to be tied to the pre-transformation jingle sound, with spear rider sounding like Gaims and hammer rider sounding like Barons.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I purpose we make a poll/bet topic on how many riders this series is going to have at the end.

They originally announced five riders and this episode made you feel that Joey (Obscure loop-around reference) was just going to transform into Guridon. When they did the whole 'name all the characters thing' with King and Gaim. Only five of the main riders were there. The intro and Super Hero Time only shows up to Guridon. This episode you saw Kaito give Joey the Acorn Seed. You saw Sid look at him after saying he wanted to be equal to Kaito. When it was revealed they both were going to transformed, I was shocked. Toei finally kept something from us. After so many years of spoiling everything.

Aside from that, Strawberry Arms is a cool idea just didn't look that cool this episode.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

the sounds the belt makes probably ties into what style armor the rider's base form is. Gaim and Kurokage both use Japanese style armor, with Gaim being a Samurai and Kurokage being a ninja, so Japanese henshin music and no special additional sound like Baron and Gridon's "come on!" and Micchi's belt's chinese noise, Micchi's is Chinese for obvious reasons, and Baron and hammer guy are both European, with Baron being a knight from around the UK area, and Gridon looks Greek-ish to me. given that Zangetsu has a very Japanese name and Japanese looking armor, we'll probably get more evidence when seeing him transform (if we haven't already. haven't seen the episode yet).

also, anyone else appreciate the irony of Raid Wild's hot blooded leader getting the sneaky ninja armor while sneaky tactician guy gets a theme as subtle as his new hammer?
GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

IDK about anyone else, but to me, Gridon looks like a Vandal warrior.
IKKAN KENJO!
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

....I'm going to guess that instead of Monsters of the week, we're going to get Riders of the week? :S
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Maybe Zangetsu isn't listed as an Armored Rider because the DJ hasn't designated him one yet.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Kouta has seen Zangetsu though. I don't think he wouldn't use Armored Rider for Zangetsu because some DJ didn't use the term on him yet. For anyone else, that statement about a fourth and fifth Armored Rider appearing would be correct since they don't know about Zangetsu. Kouta should have been saying fifth and sixth Armored Rider.
xanzerxiii
7X
Quote: Nn~ Aah~ Ecstasy!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by xanzerxiii »

I wonder if there are other Lock Seed dealer other than Cid. I'm curious..

Also, what would happen if Takatora really read the reports...

Have Takatora showing off his crotch
I will never give up ze yo!
Urukazuto
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Amazon
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Quote: Whatever

Post by Urukazuto »

So I was Wondering about 720p release recently......
It's always late compared to 480 or 1080
What Happens with HD720? I always Download your 720p release because for me 480p is too small and reduced quality and 1080p is too big and (well at least quality is superb but my PC cannot handle it) so I always go with 720p... And Today When Gaim eps 5 released I'm Go with Horayyy but no 720p (well it's always late for now)
Yunnlong
Adventure
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Sleep is God, now go worship.

Post by Yunnlong »

"If I do this, Mai-san will finally look at me."

And that's what I get for hoping for a queer love triangle. Ah well.

The Kurokage and Gridon suits are beautiful. I never thought dull colours like those would make for a good suit.
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Damn, they're just popping out Riders like pez. Gotta say it was nice though. The little theme of either never give up or strike in shadow is a little ear worm.

Love triangle. Well, that can't end well. I have enough nightmares from Song of Saya to know better.

So what's the deal with the belts? Some say soiryaa, some say come on, some comes with a katana/gun hybrid, some don't. Some sing one song, some sing another. Is there a guide to this or just randomly bullshitted?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

StereotypeAsian wrote:So what's the deal with the belts? Some say soiryaa, some say come on, some comes with a katana/gun hybrid, some don't. Some sing one song, some sing another. Is there a guide to this or just randomly bullshitted?
Like I said earlier, it seems like it depends on the Rider's armor style. Gaim, Kurokage (the spear one, in case anyone still had the two new riders names confused), and possibly Zangetsu have Japanese armor styles and thus get Sengotsu Jidai style battle horns and a shout of "soryaa!" (TvN placed it in front of Gridon, though, for some reason), Baron and Gridon are European in design, so trumpet calls and "come on!", while Ryugen, with his Chinese style suit gets Chinese music and "haiiiii~!"
xanzerxiii
7X
Quote: Nn~ Aah~ Ecstasy!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by xanzerxiii »

I was quite disappointed that Ryugen's music didn't play this time, at least last episode it did plays although with that other music playing at the same time, so we can't hear it clearly ah well, he cut his fruit too quickly so he just immediately henshin.

I just realised that the suit actor for Kamen Rider Ryugen is the same as GokaiSilver!
I will never give up ze yo!

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”