KR Gaim 06 released

Such a fruit
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Gaim 06 released

Post by KR_FIA »

There are a handful of fruits whose stench make them banned in hotels/transportation. But that does not mean there aren't people who enjoy them.

Also, goes with the forbidden fruits theme.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... and yet STILL no apple... weird.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

KR_FIA wrote:There are a handful of fruits whose stench make them banned in hotels/transportation. But that does not mean there aren't people who enjoy them.
I'm not trying to insult the fruit itself but when there are quotes floating from people who actually like eating them but still think their scent is one of the most disgusting things in or out of nature its an aspect of durians that's nigh on impossible to overlook.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

Knight of L-sama wrote:
KR_FIA wrote:There are a handful of fruits whose stench make them banned in hotels/transportation. But that does not mean there aren't people who enjoy them.
I'm not trying to insult the fruit itself but when there are quotes floating from people who actually like eating them but still think their scent is one of the most disgusting things in or out of nature its an aspect of durians that's nigh on impossible to overlook.
durian smell is the best.. one cannot eat it without liking the smell... trust me... people who don't like the smell tend to stay away from eating it... because taste n smell are two combine sensory needed when someone eat something... people who like to eat durian will say that durian has a fragrant smell.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm getting Scissors type vibes from this guy.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

berry889 wrote:durian smell is the best.. one cannot eat it without liking the smell... trust me... people who don't like the smell tend to stay away from eating it... because taste n smell are two combine sensory needed when someone eat something... people who like to eat durian will say that durian has a fragrant smell.
From the great god Wikipedia
Anthony Burgess wrote:like eating sweet raspberry blancmange in the lavatory
Anthony Bourdain wrote:Its taste can only be described as...indescribable, something you will either love or despise. ...Your breath will smell as if you'd been French-kissing your dead grandmother
Though the same page does admit the smell is highly variable between cultivars, more so than most other domesticated fruits as well as regional variation in preference as to how ripe the fruit should be when consumed (the riper the fruit, the stronger the odour).

And even with odours that one finds pleasant, upping the strength too high can be overwhelming and uncomfortable. It's why I hate walking through the detergent aisle in the supermarket. Individually I quite like some of the scents but taken en masse it's too much.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

It's the Rule of Cool, simple as that. Kamen Rider uses bug theme correct? How come after all those years nobody has made a dung bettle rider?
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

CaptainTalon448 wrote:I thought that Oren is like Cake Boss from OOO if he was a rider. They both match on the crazy scale.
Cake Boss + Donut Guy = Armored Rider Bravo... crazy meets crazy and insanity pursues.

Aside from Mr. Frenchie being odd, his rules of how the pastries work is rather spot-on.

For those complaining about Durians smelling bad, at least they aren't like the Dodurian Bomb from the anime "Toriko", which is said to be so volatile that everything within 40 miles smells horrible if one falls off the tree. And the only cure to the smell is eating the fruit itself.

That aside, I'm more surprised that Micchi didn't realize the white armor motif after being in the room with Kouta describing his adventure in the fruity forest and nearly being killed by a "White Armored Rider" But then again, Kouta didn't say anything about the fruit that was used against him, so the other melon didn't register to Micchi.

So far, we have Orange, Banana, Pineapple, Strawberry, Grape, Pinecone, Acorn, Durian, Melon, Watermelon. What's next on the grocery list? Cherry?

Also, a final note: I like the Strawberry form with the throwing kunai.
xanzerxiii
7X
Quote: Nn~ Aah~ Ecstasy!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by xanzerxiii »

I think why Jonouchi is very silly in his Rider form is he actually have 0 (zero) knowledge in becoming a fighter, plus that he is quite a coward. In the other hand Hase-chan is strong so he have upper hand in fighting so he have better knowledge in fighting if compared to Jonouchi.

Well you can think of it like this:
Jounouchi = Clever but weak and cowardly and have no idea how to fight.
Hase-chan = Stupid and straightforward but is strong and know how to fight.

So, as you can see they complement each other.
I will never give up ze yo!
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

xanzerxiii wrote:I think why Jonouchi is very silly in his Rider form is he actually have 0 (zero) knowledge in becoming a fighter, plus that he is quite a coward. In the other hand Hase-chan is strong so he have upper hand in fighting so he have better knowledge in fighting if compared to Jonouchi.

Well you can think of it like this:
Jounouchi = Clever but weak and cowardly and have no idea how to fight.
Hase-chan = Stupid and straightforward but is strong and know how to fight.

So, as you can see they complement each other.
Jounouchi = Slightly Urataros which actually an coward that using tricks but not for Jounouchi
Hase. = Slightly Momotaros which is hot headed and naive.

I think I love this comical scenes among both of them which is silly and cute. They actually aren't bad guys. But they seem Kaito and his Baron Team was threat so they must eliminate Kaito first. In order to get on top.
Joicerojo
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Haruto Sohma
Favorite Actor?: Satoh Takeru
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Neither the devil nor the grim reaper, just an assassin (Aya- Weiss Kreuz)
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Joicerojo »

locuas wrote:Baron has been shown to not be undefeatable and teams don't need to follow him, instead they can now try to go on the offensive against them. That makes Baron decision to focus on other teams a wse move, too. Gaim is a problem, yes, but it would be problematic to face Gaim with all the others teams waiting for a chance. First he needs to take care of the weaker teams, then he can focus on Kouta.
Kaito is showing that he sees Kouta as his equal, even if he think his way of thinking is wrong. He may think their philosophy is ridiculous and that they should do things like he does, but he can still respect it.

If Kaito believes Power should be used to conquer and Kouta that power should be used to protect. Oren seems to believes Power is to be shown. As he said "romans fought on the colosseum for the citizen's entertainment". a fight should be for the strong to show his power and be praised for it, and what are this inves games but a way for people to fight in a FABULOUS!!! way? he sees beauty in strenght the same way he sees beuty in baking, and that beauty should be admired by others.
Also, beucase i need to do it [Insert French surrending joke here]
Locuas, I agree with all of your post but I highlighted these parts because you show a very good insight of Baron and Gaim... to me these are the reasons why Baron is the "secondary" rider...

Ok, now to the episode, I found it funny that kurokage and guridon have their roles reversed, the betrayal was quick but it also shows that strategically was a fair point, I wonder if this is something that kids would understand, sometimes i think uro-san is making and adult show rather than a kid's one....
Oren... I was baffled for his personality, he dresses effeminate, wears make up and curls his eyelashes, yet he was en ex-soldier and is kinda bloodthirsty which is to me off-putting, i'm pretty sure he will put a good show, although I cannot help think that in the future he will be like a teacher to the group...

Two things that up to now nobody noticed maybe:
1. Sid said that the Sengoku driver that finally was in Bravo's hands was the last one, which makes that in the end we will have 7 riders
2. The lockseed that Micchi stole was a watermelon seed which means that he will give it to Kouta sometime in the future and Kouta will have his Suika arms... Zangetsu would think that Kouta stole the lockseed prolonging the ignorance of his little brother being Ryugen (or maybe not)
Joice Rojo
I've become addicted to Kamen Rider & Takaiwa Seiji
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

Okay,

I really love this show much more over Wizard. I also like that they are (currently) doing some sort MotW plotline. Sure they had the one or two Inves, but these just had been monsters that had been accidently released and is not stalking Citizen A tomake / gather / more power.

During the few Power Rangers episodes I watched as a kid I always found it kind of strange that all monsters wouldn't gang up, but rather fail as an individual...

This however is more like "We are fighting (more or less) on the same power level as you". However it strikes me sometimes that for instance Baron has no qualms on going into the forest to collect Lock Seeds, but nobody are using different ones instead of Gaim himself. Sure it's likely to be budget reasons and to emphasize that the main hero is special, but I would love to see what happens; especially to the "low level riders". Do they get other effects / armors akin to the powers Haruto gained when he used Kosukes rings in Wizard or will they have the same costume and powers... I'm a bit curious to see to happen something like this.

Also, if I read the forum right, it's usual that the powers of the main hero and secondary rider increase at about half the episodes of the run ... what will it be this time. Kamen Rider FRUIT SALAD, like he can mix and match his powers (i.e. putting one Lock Seed in a belt and another one in the weapon and gain other forms of weaponary.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

So many Riders are being introduced. I haven't seen this much exposure of Riders so early since Ryuki. I can't even remember all their names. The new Rider in this episode was pretty funny and cool. He is like a jacked up version of the Cake Boss from Wizard. Wonder if that was what the Writers thought of. Lol...The suits have been looking nice as well. This theme sounded silly when I first heard it, but I have to admit, it is unique.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Well that episode was pure awesomeness.

The manly pastry chef easily beats those wimpy dancers!
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

My reaction at the end of the episode: "Somebody's FABULOUS!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

I am so sorry for that last bit, but it HAD TO BE DONE!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”