Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gaim 06 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_06

Ah, it's amazing that even with this overload in Rider entrances that they're still introducing interesting characters with a lot of gravity to them. Oren is pretty darn interesting. It's like someone took donut guy from last year and combined him with Enter. Also, the guy who plays him is named Yoshida Metal. Amazing.

Oh Micchi, do you really think you can steal your bro's Lock Seed without him noticing? Kind of looking forward to seeing the fallout from that... and from Takatora finding out that his cute little brother is Ryugen. Oh man, can you imagine this revelation happening in a battle? That's got to be how it goes down, I bet.

What a tease for Bravo's entrance fight. At least his design is really cool. Durian is also a Class A Lock Seed, so he's on par with the other Riders. Not like the neo Hopper bros that are going to get continuously beaten down.

Six episodes in and we're up to seven Riders. And we're not even burned out yet. It's like someone took the Ryuki premise and really fleshed it out. I always loved that each of the Riders in Ryuki had a different reason for fighting, but the story connecting it together was rather flimsy. As batshit insane as the first episode of Gaim was, it really works out somehow.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Gaim 06 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Well he's on par with the main 4 as Guridon is B and Kurokage is C. Oren seems to have the experience of being in battle with the military uniform and medals. I guess he really enjoys the battle and wants to make a beautiful show. Bravo really does fit well with the durian being all spiky.

Speaking of Guridon and Kurokage, it's funny that Guridon is rather comical compared to Kurokage. They seemed to reverse personalities while being Armored Riders. Also, I expected Guridon's hammer to be bigger as I can't take that mallet seriously.

I put the translations of the feed of the DJ recap of the battle in the wiki for the episode since doing it onscreen wouldn't turn out so well.

Baron and Wizard should do a magic show.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I was wondering that too. For the longest time I thought that Jounouchi, the cowardly schemer, was Kurokage. So it really surprised the heck out of me to see Hase using Jounouchi as a shield and giving him the silly Guridon name. Thanks Gaim team for lending some legitimacy to that spelling, btw.
CaptainTalon448
Adventure

Post by CaptainTalon448 »

I thought that Oren is like Cake Boss from OOO if he was a rider. They both match on the crazy scale.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's kind of interesting that like Ryuki from Kamen Rider Ryuki, both Kouta and Oren were not planned to be Riders. Kind of makes you wonder if this throws a wrench in whatever scheme Cid is planning.
xanzerxiii
7X
Quote: Nn~ Aah~ Ecstasy!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by xanzerxiii »

So not all the riders name are DJ Sagara's fault, but Guridon, damn Hase-chan. And when Hase and Jounochi lost their Lock Seed when they lost the fight and de-henshin, makes me wonder why Kaito didn't lost his Lock Seed like the two of them? Maybe because it must be one-on-one battle maybe, I guess.

Theory for episode 7:
Spoiler
Kouta fights Bravo and use Suika Arms. Bravo lost his Lock Seed and can't henshin again. Game Over.
I will never give up ze yo!
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

Quite an interesting episode indeed.

Oren and Kouta cracked me up during the job interview; Kouta's reactions to Oren's statements and fuming over artistry. Poor Kouta, you got a lot to learn on that note, heh.

I knew Frick and Frack (Kruokaga and Gridon) were going to turn on Kaito but rather so suddenly? Wow, that was quick and a surprise if you ask me!

Odd question, has anyone actually tried out a Durian? I hear they are good, supposedly, I haven't and I can't get them around my area.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

WHY COULDN'T THE NEW RIDER BE SOMEONE COOL OR NORMAL?

Now that I got that out of the way, let's talk about the episode. More story than action in this one, which is kinda meh but oh well. I don't mind.

It's nice that the DJ is having less of a focus which is good.

Why a durian for the new rider? Why not choose a more well-known fruit? Like..I dunno...AN APPLE? (Seriously, why not an apple?)

Oren = WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU SMOKING WHEN YOU MADE THIS CHARACTER? AND TO HAVE HIM BE A MAIN RIDER? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!

Jounouchi and Hase are cool characters. I like it of how they aren't just comic relief, but are actually trying to be Riders. And I love their personalities being reversed after they henshin. It's just great!

Despite the weirdness of the new rider, I really like Bravo's design. Maybe that's why they chose a Durian. It just looks cooler.

Why wasn't Gaim in the episode that much? Ah well, can't get everything.

I love it of how every episode is contributing to the story in some way. It feels less like filler and more like...well...a story. And I love it.
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

well durian is a seasoned fruit and it taste DELICIOUS! *at least among Asian... particularly South East Asia... yummy... now it is Durian season at Malaysia... how dare you say durian was not a famous fruit! It is among kings of fruit realm
xanzerxiii
7X
Quote: Nn~ Aah~ Ecstasy!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by xanzerxiii »

Kilowog wrote:Odd question, has anyone actually tried out a Durian? I hear they are good, supposedly, I haven't and I can't get them around my area.
Durian is very delicious despite it's disgusting look, its sweet but have a very strong distinct odour. it even smell sharply before you even open it. Durian is very common fruit in Southeast Asia, but is it common in Japan?
I will never give up ze yo!
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Instant betrayal. That was really surprising.
I like the design of Kurokage. Kinda sucks that he probably won't be too strong of character

Yeah like takenoko said I don't think Micchi is gonna get away with stealing that Lock Seed.
Not only that but why'd he steal it in the first place. Seems weird.

Bravo is pretty odd. I do like the swords though. Twin blades are always the way to go. His helmet is the Spartan helmet and he was talking about fighting in Greek coliseums that's pretty cool.
Oren is pretty wild, personality wise. I do like the fact that someone isn't trying to dance and just wants to fight. I sorta feel like he's crazy though. So maybe his fights aren't going to just be entertainment, like he says.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Oren is freaking cool. My new favorite character for this show I hope we get to see more of him. He seems kind of more like a villain to me though. I mean he just wants to fight. Like Ohja from Ryuki.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

It's Trojan warrior theme. Think this guy had darker secrets like he is an ex-Army with higher ranked in Japanese Force. So he pretend like a Gay man Kamimura Yuu. He also an Pattisier( ripped from wizard Donuts Hungry owner Kamimura)
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

OOOKaiser wrote:Oren is freaking cool. My new favorite character for this show I hope we get to see more of him. He seems kind of more like a villain to me though. I mean he just wants to fight. Like Ohja from Ryuki.
It's still too early to tell. But i feel like Ouja fought to validate himself and then became consumed by it.
Oren just seems like he may be nuts.
This is all just random speculation though. lol

EDIT: Lol nix all that shit about Ouja. I forgot he was batshit insane.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

kyoichikiller90 wrote:It's Trojan warrior theme. Think this guy had darker secrets like he is an ex-Army with higher ranked in Japanese Force. So he pretend like a Gay man Kamimura Yuu. He also an Pattisier( ripped from wizard Donuts Hungry owner Kamimura)
Did you forget about the army uniform shown in his apartment?

I kept forgetting to mention this but Oren becoming a Rider reminds of Fourze when

Spoiler
Cancer wasn't chosen by Libra

So Oren is really a wild card in all of this.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”